Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bought wrong item will I get a refund?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Bought wrong item will I get a refund?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Bizatch
03.27.2012 , 04:02 PM | #1
So basically I made a stupid mistake twice tonight.
First I got the tionese boots i need, but I accidentally clicked the sniper set as there from the same vendor and similar names.
Later I got the token for columi gloves, excellent, but I got the sniper ones AGAIN.

Im a healing operative so these are near useless for me, is there any way of getting them swapped or the currency I used to buy them refunded?

Marctraider
03.27.2012 , 04:04 PM | #2
You really think customer support is going to address this issue for you? Come on dude. No offense. At least, I'd assume thats would be your goal? Otherwise you could probably have searched it yourself that such a thing doesn't exist yet.
Cyrix 166MHz - 128MB EDOram - Tseng Labs WD4000 1MB VRAM + 3DFx Voodoo 2 12MB 2x SLI - Quantum Bigfoot 6GB - Adlib Gold 8-bit soundcard with real OPL3 Synthesis.
--- 45~ FPS in Fleet/Warzones ---

Tickett
03.27.2012 , 04:10 PM | #3
Hiya... Sorry to hear, it sounds a grim evening!

Yep, put a ticket in to say what, where, when and how. You can get a refund but I think there is a limit to the number of refunds permissable in a set period, but do put a ticket in.

I discovered this myself purchsing light/dark items, intended for my companion, after purchase I discovered my companion was unable to use the item... I did get a refund!

Good Luck

Kindajenin
03.27.2012 , 04:24 PM | #4 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings Bizatch,

I will ask you to submit a ticket to our in game support please use the item restoration keyword 'Jupiter' this will ensure it reaches the correct team.

Please provide all relevant details in the ticket:
  • Keyword: JUPITER
  • Character name:
  • Server name:
  • Exact Item name:
  • Currency type and amount/Exact name of Unassembled Token:
  • Why you wish to restore the item:
  • The date and time of the item purchased/deleted in error:
I will inform you that item restoration is performed in a case by case basis and you are only entitled to 3 restorations every 6 months.

Thank you for contacting us.
Kindajenin| BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

Bizatch
03.27.2012 , 04:53 PM | #5
Ok thanks very much for your help guys

tloops
03.27.2012 , 05:02 PM | #6
they should give you nothing...so many people buying the wrong item or deleting the wrong toon...what is wrong with this community?cant anyone read anymore?
TOR...the best single player game on the market

BurningDT
03.27.2012 , 05:14 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by tloops View Post
they should give you nothing...so many people buying the wrong item or deleting the wrong toon...what is wrong with this community?cant anyone read anymore?
I think the problem is we have a bunch of angry WoW kids like you and Marctraider, who are just ***** to everyone.

I personally have never had this problem, but people make mistakes and I don't fault them for trying to fix it.
Iron Citadel:
Dreadful - Sith Assassin
Burning - Jedi Sentinel

blinkwise
03.27.2012 , 05:33 PM | #8
You get 3 item restores in a 6 month period. That's not 3 items, that 3 restore requests. I bought the wrong set with 3 pieces, got them all restored a day later and was told I had used 1 of my 3 restore requests. They will do it for you, and they are pretty quick about it.

Bizatch
03.27.2012 , 06:08 PM | #9
I really cant believe some of the comments on here, learn to read etc, live and let live its a game.

Still theres a lot more decent people on ToR with the occasional angry WoW kid.

AKIHA
04.02.2012 , 09:55 AM | #10
this post was really usefull for me, thanx for the answer and thax for the person who made this thread, i appreciate
Trayus Academy PvP server
S. Scoundrel - KIZUNNA Main: J. Shadow - AKIHA J. Guardian - Kizunna
The ShadowElite Legacy