Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A third force-user discipline: Gray side?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
A third force-user discipline: Gray side?

Captain_Zone
03.27.2012 , 01:13 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
So the whole crazed look in his eye, was just for show? His crazed look like O_- >: ) >:O
That was just Sam Jackson being Sam Jackson and driving the point home that this was one DANGEROUS mutha****a who needed to die!
. OPOD
The New Jedi Code: "Keep Calm & Carry a Lightsaber"

Aximand
03.27.2012 , 01:14 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
That was just Sam Jackson being Sam Jackson and driving the point home that this was one DANGEROUS mutha****a who needed to die!
This amuses me greatly because Samuel L. Jackson used to be a terrorist.

Well, he's taken hostages before.
I'm not mean, you're just a sissy.
The Orange Pixel is the REAL Sith Emperor
I don't need luck, I've got ammo - Urdnot Grunt
Remember 4/22/2011. A day that shall live in infamy.

Aximand
03.27.2012 , 01:22 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Eillack View Post
I laughed at random Mace Windu moments to be honest...that nad have BMF on his saber made me lol hard.
Watching the prequels again after I've seen Pulp Fiction makes me look at whole scenes completely differently.

Captain_Zone
03.27.2012 , 01:27 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Aximand View Post
This amuses me greatly because Samuel L. Jackson used to be a terrorist.

Well, he's taken hostages before.
And he's also played bad*** cops who get the job done, no matter what. Either way, he has BMF on his lightsaber for a reason. If it hadn't been for that little ***** Anakin, he would have ended Palpatine right there.

After he got his hand cut off, I still think he should have looked down at Anakin, sneered, and said "You sorry *** little mutha****a!" before getting zapped out the window.
. OPOD
The New Jedi Code: "Keep Calm & Carry a Lightsaber"

Aximand
03.27.2012 , 01:30 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
And he's also played bad*** cops who get the job done, no matter what. Either way, he has BMF on his lightsaber for a reason. If it hadn't been for that little ***** Anakin, he would have ended Palpatine right there.

After he got his hand cut off, I still think he should have looked down at Anakin, sneered, and said "You sorry *** little mutha****a!" before getting zapped out the window.
No, I was actually being serious. Samuel L. Jackson took hostages when he was part of the militant arm of the Panthers during the Civil Rights movement. He and a few other students took the Morehouse College board of trustees hostage (including, ironically Martin Luther King Sr.).

jpalleman
03.27.2012 , 01:33 PM | #16
There are some inconsistency (to me at least) in this whole light/dark side of theForce. In Episode V on Dagobah, Yoda is teaching Luke about the Force, and mentions that the Force is in/derives from everything. Rocks, plants, trees, etc. So, if the force is 'IN' those things are there than light/dark side rocks? Plants? Trees somewhere in the universe? I don't think so. So to me there is no Light/Dark sides of the Force. There is just the Force. Perfectly Neutral.

Aximand
03.27.2012 , 01:35 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by jpalleman View Post
There are some inconsistency (to me at least) in this whole light/dark side of theForce. In Episode V on Dagobah, Yoda is teaching Luke about the Force, and mentions that the Force is in/derives from everything. Rocks, plants, trees, etc. So, if the force is 'IN' those things are there than light/dark side rocks? Plants? Trees somewhere in the universe? I don't think so. So to me there is no Light/Dark sides of the Force. There is just the Force. Perfectly Neutral.
The Dark Side isn't natural, the Light Side is.

Tarbacca
03.27.2012 , 01:45 PM | #18
I dont think Force powers are necessarily bound to one side of the Force. Kyle Katarn was light side, and still had the power to use lightning and grip. Pretty sure as long as you study the discipline of the other side, you will understand the powers.

Exemplar
03.27.2012 , 01:53 PM | #19
Jedi reject all emotions, to literally become a tool of the force...
Sith rejoice in their emotions, using them to try to make the force their tool...

Jedi protect life, which is the force, but they do not use the force to its potential by drawing off of it through their own life...
The Sith try and surpass and ultimately destroy life, which ultimately weakens the force, and they also become spoiled by only understanding the force through their emotions...

Both are wrong, and one must understand both sides to fully "control" and "become one" with the force
Proud STANDARD EDITION owner..... Spent the other 90$ on beer

Haters gonna hate U Mad?

Wolfninjajedi
03.27.2012 , 02:08 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Exemplar View Post
Jedi reject all emotions, to literally become a tool of the force...
Sith rejoice in their emotions, using them to try to make the force their tool...

Jedi protect life, which is the force, but they do not use the force to its potential by drawing off of it through their own life...
The Sith try and surpass and ultimately destroy life, which ultimately weakens the force, and they also become spoiled by only understanding the force through their emotions...

Both are wrong, and one must understand both sides to fully "control" and "become one" with the force
Jedi don't reject emotions, its impossible. If that were true, then every jedi in the movies has failed at being a jedi.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.