Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Guild Progression Ranking

Inzi
03.28.2012 , 02:18 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by SageH View Post
You asked, and they delivered!
Haha! Perfect!
A home for busy adults seeking high level PvE in a respectful, mature atmosphere.
Ferne R'y | Sage

snowmon
03.28.2012 , 03:02 AM | #22
not bad, have put ours up.
lvl 55 PT DPS, ToFN Server

Ellnassil
03.28.2012 , 03:16 AM | #23
Hey there,

another Feature Request:

External HTML Snippets to use in Portal Boxes on our own Website with the Ranking. For Example the same System as we seen in WowProgress.com. Or maybe an API or Whatever to include the Ranking within the Guilds Website.

I´m not a programming guy, so i whould prefer a HTML Snippet but if its an API i will also hit the Book Store and lern a little bit :-)

regards,

Ell
eFame // Darth Traya
Wir suchen noch Ranged DPS und Heiler für 1.2 / X-Realm Spieler sind willkommen und werden unterstützt!
http://www.efame.de

macumba
03.28.2012 , 03:52 AM | #24
very nice site, although it's is kind of relying on people being honest (and you cannot really prove your screens with in-game time stamps yet)
Since BW mentioned they will add something in the future the problem might solve itself. Right now certain things don't even work right (like receiving the title for the speedrun, but not being granted the achievement for the kill etc).....since this is the tier one of raiding in swtor in which first kills have the bitter sweet taste of certain guilds just spacebar rushing through the leveling process in order to achieve these, we will have to see how things develop in the second tier ;-)
Just because you're not paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

SageH
03.28.2012 , 03:57 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Ellnassil View Post
Hey there,

another Feature Request:

External HTML Snippets to use in Portal Boxes on our own Website with the Ranking. For Example the same System as we seen in WowProgress.com. Or maybe an API or Whatever to include the Ranking within the Guilds Website.

I´m not a programming guy, so i whould prefer a HTML Snippet but if its an API i will also hit the Book Store and lern a little bit :-)

regards,

Ell
Timelord likes the idea and is now brainstorming on how to implement it in a simple easy to use format. Stay tuned!
Kreven <Retribution> - Mandalore the Indomitable (IA Sniper)
Retribution --- SWTOR Raid Progression
5/5 16m Nightmare EV / 5/5 16m Nightmare KP
5/5 16m HM Explosive Conflict

snowmon
03.28.2012 , 04:02 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by macumba View Post
very nice site, although it's is kind of relying on people being honest (and you cannot really prove your screens with in-game time stamps yet)
Since BW mentioned they will add something in the future the problem might solve itself. Right now certain things don't even work right (like receiving the title for the speedrun, but not being granted the achievement for the kill etc).....since this is the tier one of raiding in swtor in which first kills have the bitter sweet taste of certain guilds just spacebar rushing through the leveling process in order to achieve these, we will have to see how things develop in the second tier ;-)
i agree, however its a good idea to get these things started ready for when its sorted
lvl 55 PT DPS, ToFN Server

macumba
03.28.2012 , 04:30 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by snowmon View Post
i agree, however its a good idea to get these things started ready for when its sorted
you are right. I totally like how clean the site is and it's easy to use as well.
It was fun putting all the information on the kills up there and see how everything turns out.

SageH
03.28.2012 , 04:39 AM | #28
The title for the speed runs works fine, its BW's mechanics for eliminating your achievement if you need to reset the instance due to a bug that is blocking you. I've yet to see any instance of a guild(or person) completing either raid in under two hours without having to reset the instance and not receiving their title. I'd be interested to hear of cases where that occurred.

As far as the site relying on the honesty of the community, you are right it does. It's that, or allowing another progression raiding guild to hold full control and have near zero transparency over how they deem a kill's date/time legitimate. It's understandable that it risks a dishonest group of people attempting to play havoc on the rankings, but it is also why we implemented a Confirmation and Dispute section for every kill. That section works as such:

1) You submit and post your Bonethrasher kill as being completed at 8:30CST.
2) Knowing your kill is legit, your guild members log into the site and each click their confirm button and all is well in the world.

Or

1) You submit and post your Bonethrasher kill as being completed at 8:30 PM CST.
2) X guild on your server you've been competing with completed Bonethrasher at 9 PM CST and believe you are falsifying your time because your raid didn't leave the instance until well after them. They proceed to dispute your kill believing it is incorrect.

Disputing will have no effect on the rankings directly until you have reached a certain dispute threshold, at which time the kill's ranking will be invalidated and the rankings will be recalculated using the next kill in line. The threshold for this to happen assuming zero confirmations is 50 disputes, or 50 more disputes than you have confirmations. For example:

0 Confirmations - 50 Disputes = Kill Invalidated
10 Confirmations - 50 Disputes = Kill Stands
10 Confirmations - 60 Disputes = Kill Invalidated

Once a kill is invalidated offically, the kill will be required to be deleted and resubmitted with hopefully better evidence than provided before which led to the disputes being placed on the kill. The best two methods for providing time stamps of some sort on a screen shot is either:

1) Run SWTOR in windowed mode and pull up your task bar with time/date and SWTOR in the background and Print Screen.
2) Pull up a website such as Google and search for Current UTC or use time.gov and select UCT and bring that window over your SWTOR UI and Print Screen.

Other methods are acceptable, but these are probably the simplest and provide the basic information needed within a community moderated system. Our site utilizes UTC when calculating and scoring the kills. In the next couple of days, we're going to implement a change that will allow you to input your times in your respective time zones and our system will automatically convert that into the appropriate UTC to eliminate any hassle. In the mean time please convert your local times into UTC until we get the change implemented.

I hope this information helps, as does any feedback or constructive criticism as this is a work in progress. While I'm definitely not one to claim that the tier 1 content was incredibly challenging overall or that the current rankings are indicative of what the next tiers rankings will be, it helps to input this tiers information now. This will allow us to flush the bugs out and get the site running as best we can with the features you want before 1.2 and future content releases so we do have a solid progression site that is both respected and trusted before content truly becomes competitive.

macumba
03.28.2012 , 04:52 AM | #29
first of all, thank you for you posting this.
for the time being I am totally happy with how your site works now.
there were also other methods like right clicking and showing the difficulty setting you chose on the screen.
we never did that because the screens stopped looking pretty

Quote: Originally Posted by SageH View Post
The title for the speed runs works fine, its BW's mechanics for eliminating your achievement
when we first killed soa on nightmare we weren't granted the achievement (thus we could not add it to our screenshot, as we did for some).
of course you ask yourself "was this kill legit at all, or were we victims of the bug that setting the difficulty right was being ignored ?)

shortly after that, we did got the title for the speed-run but still no achievement for the kill, at least then we were sure the soa kill must have been legit.
the only reason I mentioned that is, that BW has a lot to do with systems currently in game before adding timestamps.

so how do you prove certain things in the current state of the game if you cannot be 100% sure yourself ;-)

SageH
03.28.2012 , 04:53 AM | #30
you are right. I totally like how clean the site is and it's easy to use as well.
It was fun putting all the information on the kills up there and see how everything turns out.
We're glad you enjoyed it and we thank you for your support! There is definitely more to come and if you have any suggestions or features you would like to see please let us know!