Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Guild Progression Ranking

The_Valkyrie
03.27.2012 , 08:18 AM | #1
Hey guys,

There has been need of a good place for tracking raid progression for a long time for SWTOR. While many different progression threads have popped up they only go so far and don't provide any sort of verification. Since this is a young game an API for developers to query servers and determine objective rankings has not yet been developed by Bioware.

We at Retribution have hopefully come up with a system allowing for tracking raid progress in a community moderated way that can eventually evolve in to a more objective system once an API is released.

The site is brand new as of 3/27 and is now in opened beta. We expect that there are many issues that may need fixing going forward and encourage people to use the site and give us their feedback and criticism. At the moment there are only a few of us developers working on the site, so please be patient while we work to fix bugs.

The website can be found at: http://www.swtor.raidranks.com

To find out about our ranking system, please read our FAQ: http://www.swtor.raidranks.com/#!faq

Please feel free to leave suggestions and comments in this thread, but using the feedback or bug reporting on our site is probably a better way report anything.
Automaton - Raid Leader of <Retribution>

16 man - 10/10 nightmare mode
Seeking exceptional applicants, apply now at retribution-guild.net

Talorra
03.27.2012 , 10:35 AM | #2
It looks very nice, thank you. I plugged two of ours in to test the features and will add the rest tonight.
M'arik <Intrepid> 16-player Progression The Harbinger
IntrepidOps.com | Live Stream | Recruitment Thread | @Twitter

SageH
03.27.2012 , 12:41 PM | #3
Bump for great ideas!
Kreven <Retribution> - Mandalore the Indomitable (IA Sniper)
Retribution --- SWTOR Raid Progression
5/5 16m Nightmare EV / 5/5 16m Nightmare KP
5/5 16m HM Explosive Conflict

Inzi
03.27.2012 , 12:45 PM | #4
I added us to the list as well. Because kills were so long ago, I know I don't have the kill screenshots myself. I went to go edit one of the kills and it said "NUH UH YOU CAN NO EDIT!" So that's what I vote--I'd like to be able to submit screenshots or youtube links later. Especially because to get youtube videos usually requires some sort of processing and that takes time.

It would also be cool if guild members could submit confirming screenshots. As it is, I posted a lot of kills based on when they were posted in our server progression thread.

One final comment: I assume/hope you're going to essentially start with a clean slate for 1.2 progress?
A home for busy adults seeking high level PvE in a respectful, mature atmosphere.
Ferne R'y | Sage

SageH
03.27.2012 , 12:49 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Inzi View Post
I added us to the list as well. Because kills were so long ago, I know I don't have the kill screenshots myself. I went to go edit one of the kills and it said "NUH UH YOU CAN NO EDIT!" So that's what I vote--I'd like to be able to submit screenshots or youtube links later. Especially because to get youtube videos usually requires some sort of processing and that takes time.

It would also be cool if guild members could submit confirming screenshots. As it is, I posted a lot of kills based on when they were posted in our server progression thread.

One final comment: I assume/hope you're going to essentially start with a clean slate for 1.2 progress?
Without speaking to Auto/Timelord first.. As I understand it each tier will be separate rankings. It won't be a continual ongoing ranking that essentially penalizes you if you haven't done previous content once a new tier is released. Short Answer: Yes =) (I believe)

Inzi
03.27.2012 , 12:54 PM | #6
The site is eating Methodical's screenshots I blame the silly pubs instead of the site though

Will this site support what equates to the GameThatShallNotBeNamed's Armory confirmations when it becomes available? Or will we have to find another site when that happens?

Is there no way to have a column that has like 8/10 or something to see what the actual progression IS?

</rambling questions>
A home for busy adults seeking high level PvE in a respectful, mature atmosphere.
Ferne R'y | Sage

gramz
03.27.2012 , 01:07 PM | #7

Second the editing part, realized i was putting times in 12h format on a few kills before i realized they needed to be 24h format.

Overall a great looking site, hope it catches on.

Some suggestions (for this content) title runs, prenerf HM soa should be included.

SageH
03.27.2012 , 01:22 PM | #8
The site is eating Methodical's screenshots I blame the silly pubs instead of the site though

Will this site support what equates to the GameThatShallNotBeNamed's Armory confirmations when it becomes available? Or will we have to find another site when that happens?

Is there no way to have a column that has like 8/10 or something to see what the actual progression IS?

</rambling questions>
Good question! As of right now, without API's the only decent "Armory" system/site that is in existence that I know about is http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/.

I'm not sure where an armory like site is on BW's infamous priority list, so if armory linking happens it will likely have to happen with an "unofficial" armory site, but that also creates a problem with a lack of verifiable information since it is up to the individuals to maintain its accuracy. Definitely worth investigating though.

gramz
03.27.2012 , 01:24 PM | #9
What kind of coding is accepted in the guild description? yours is so nice and formatted

Inzi
03.27.2012 , 01:27 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by SageH View Post
Good question! As of right now, without API's the only decent "Armory" system/site that is in existence that I know about is http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/.

I'm not sure where an armory like site is on BW's infamous priority list, so if armory linking happens it will likely have to happen with an "unofficial" armory site, but that also creates a problem with a lack of verifiable information since it is up to the individuals to maintain its accuracy. Definitely worth investigating though.
The reason I asked is because I believe that was in a recent Q&A or Guild Summit. I remember one of the devs saying that it WAS on their priority list because as of now, there's no way to really be held accountable. (You can edit screenshots, etc.) I'd have to go digging, but I was under the impression that "It's coming, but not right this second."
Ferne R'y | Sage