Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why I'm cancelling my SWTOR account.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Why I'm cancelling my SWTOR account.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

tifari
12.16.2011 , 05:32 PM | #1
I tried to help someone in general chat last night, they were wanting to get a new video card and typed in a website address they could look at for help. Well apparently that is advertising and so I am suspended. CS had a link in their email to me stating, email here if you think this is in error. Well I did.. I wasn't advertising, i was trying to help some kid. and if they took what i wrote in context they would know that... So. They can suspend me at 8:30pm but they cant respond to my inquiry and its been 21 hours now. I have even tried calling their main customer support line.. they have no menu, no hold line to sit in. THE WORST customer service line ever. It is impossible, they obviously do not care about their customers. Yes i could play again soon, and i might even do that till my early access runs out since I do love this game after all.

But I haven't opened my package from amazon and so i think ill send it back. Apparently I do not agree with the terms of service. If I try to help someone, get punished for it, and can't even dispute it. They can kiss my ***

JHarkrider
12.16.2011 , 05:34 PM | #2
Patience.

That's the only thing that will help you.

Chomag
12.16.2011 , 05:34 PM | #3
Lolz, 1st GM with a stick shoved up his Uranus. Good way to start his job.
Hard mode: Play Republic
Nightmare mode: Play Republic on a pvp server
Are you man enough for the challenge ? Aunt Satele wants YOU.
Republic. No kids allowed.

stephenjohnp
12.16.2011 , 05:34 PM | #4
I honestly think people should simply cancel their account because they are spending more time waiting in queues to get access to a server than they are actually playing.

Leave for a month then come back when they have everything sorted.

DavidBass
12.16.2011 , 05:46 PM | #5 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Tifari,

I am looking into this immediately. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

Davrog
12.16.2011 , 05:55 PM | #6
At least you can get in the game, I gave up after receiving my disks today and nothing worked to get the launcher going.

JediMasterBen
12.16.2011 , 06:47 PM | #7
As with others I have been given access but can't access the game past hitting play before program crashes. I doubt you are missing much.

frostfiretulsa
12.16.2011 , 06:55 PM | #8
My 2 cents:

The fact that a customer service rep has already replied in this thread and is looking in to it is impressive customer support IMHO.I currently have a open issue with support as well, and I hope I get that quick a reply.

Try getting the same in any other major MMO... they simply do not answer lol.

Give them some time. If its as you say, not only will they fix the problem, they will refine their policies for dealing with spammers, which is a good thing. I say ban all gold harvesting idiots.... aside from your issue which is the exception, I think having suspension in place for people that link websites is likely a good thing on the whole.

Zahryn
12.16.2011 , 07:12 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by frostfiretulsa View Post
My 2 cents:

The fact that a customer service rep has already replied in this thread and is looking in to it is impressive customer support IMHO.I currently have a open issue with support as well, and I hope I get that quick a reply.

Try getting the same in any other major MMO... they simply do not answer lol.

Give them some time. If its as you say, not only will they fix the problem, they will refine their policies for dealing with spammers, which is a good thing. I say ban all gold harvesting idiots.... aside from your issue which is the exception, I think having suspension in place for people that link websites is likely a good thing on the whole.
Good luck with that.

I've had a character frozen in game for over a day. I did receive a nice form letter that didn't address the issue in any way though.

Tastycake
12.16.2011 , 07:49 PM | #10
EUALA

Basically no one wants to agree with it but we have no choice. Stuff like this happens all the time, unfortunately.