Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Jedi Knight vs. Consular: Who has most interesting companions?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Jedi Knight vs. Consular: Who has most interesting companions?

Veniras
03.28.2012 , 06:36 AM | #21
I've leveled both to 50. IMO their companions are much alike. I haven't really decided and on overall I find them to be equal.

Tharan/Holiday wins big time over Doc (me being male char. A female char might have a different impression), T7 over Iresso, Zenith slightly > Rusk and Nadia vs Kira is a draw. Quezen wins over Scourge.

Basically, a draw.

Ehlin
03.28.2012 , 08:14 AM | #22
Doc(knight) is definitely my favorite companion out of those two classes. I don't use any other companion besides him. Tho I find Scourge to be an interesting guy as well.
50 mercenary [BODYGUARD]
50 sentinel [WATCHMAN]
Leveling Sniper, Operative, and Powertech alts.

KiranK
03.28.2012 , 09:32 AM | #23
There's really no comparison here. The Consular is the worst and most under-developed class when it comes to story lines and companions.
There's no QQing in baseball.

Elyx
03.28.2012 , 11:17 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Sarielle View Post

Anyways, if I don't solve my leveling issues on my main character I won't be rolling an alt. -sigh- Without being able to find groups for heroics, I have run out of quests.

Still, feel free to keep opinions coming. Consular seems to be getting a little more love.
Hit a wall? What level are you at?

space missions may be a viable inbetween. may take a bit of cash to pick up the mods for the ship to do the higher level ones, but the experience you can get from them helps a ton.
"I just hit 50 and finished my class storyline, but I still haven't been able to decide which AC to choose. Leveling solo as a warrior wasn't difficult, so I kept putting off the decision.
Anyone else having the same problem? "~ lagerhat - And who says warriors are broke?

Sarielle
03.28.2012 , 11:21 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Elyx View Post
Hit a wall? What level are you at?

space missions may be a viable inbetween. may take a bit of cash to pick up the mods for the ship to do the higher level ones, but the experience you can get from them helps a ton.
Eh, I just realized that the "must do missions first" message was simply telling me my log was full, so I was missing out on a ton of quests. So I just have to go back and find those now.

Would have been nice if the error had just said "mission log full" instead so it was actually clear what was happening. I thought I had to do earlier missions to unlock them or something.

Sarielle
04.01.2012 , 09:18 PM | #26
OK, back with another question. Does a particular race get any "extra" dialogue as a JK that you guys know if (since that seems to have won my very unscientific polling)

I just learned that Chiss get fun race-based dialogues as an IA, but I'm not rerolling just for that, heh.

CutlassJack
04.02.2012 , 12:59 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Sarielle View Post
OK, back with another question. Does a particular race get any "extra" dialogue as a JK that you guys know if (since that seems to have won my very unscientific polling)

I just learned that Chiss get fun race-based dialogues as an IA, but I'm not rerolling just for that, heh.
Not really. Race comes up alot more on imperial side from what I've seen. Especially in the agent and Inquisitor storylines. Largely due to the Empire's racial views.

Republic side is often blind to race. Minor and infrequent references at best.

Sarielle
04.02.2012 , 04:15 PM | #28
Booo on Republic side being progressive, LOL. Well that figures, since I was definitely going to go non-human for my alt. Thanks for the response. ^_^

swifferdude
04.02.2012 , 06:56 PM | #29
nadia is probs my fav companion for counsular. other than tht its a little down hill... irreso is ok, theran SUCKS cause hes a "pacifist" apparently, qyzen stinks if ur if ur light side... generally... tht sniper guy (forgot his name) is ok I guess, but forgettable :b... dont remeber any others, if there are any, then they probably stink and thts probs y I forgot bout them, lol... so, ya
POT5 PvP
My Youtube channel: GrassianGaming
I play a variety of classes! Check it out, like, and sub!

Master-Nala
04.03.2012 , 06:01 AM | #30
The question is "who has the most interesting companions?" On that score, I don't think it's even close. Of course, Consulars have the more interesting companions. I think many of the comments here are more focused on how much they like the companions, which is a different question.

Qyzen Fess, love him or hate him is a very interesting companion for a Jedi Consular.
Spoiler

I'll admit my Knight hasn't finished yet, but T7 just isn't doing it for me.

Tharan and Doc. Doc is the less annoying one, but Tharan is more interesting (and a crapload more powerful). Tharan is a ladies man in love with a hologram. He's a scientist, hedonist.

Zenith is a sociopath. Who turned politician. It was an interesting story for sure.

Iresso's secret was interesting, but I'll agree the boy scout isn't the most interesting.

And Nadia, the force prodigy-diplomat is an awesome padawan. I just wish you got her earlier.