Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Jedi Knight vs. Consular: Who has most interesting companions?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Jedi Knight vs. Consular: Who has most interesting companions?

Lysico
03.27.2012 , 03:42 PM | #11
Overall Knights have better pets.

But Zenith is a beast from a dps standpoint. Plus he really does have some great onliners if you use him.

I am tank spec Shadow and I really like having him around

BawsHogg
03.27.2012 , 04:50 PM | #12
All i can tell you is , as a female mira knight, I'm going to to make doc a man, even though i feel bad for ratting out the two padawans on tython

BawsHogg
03.27.2012 , 04:51 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Lysico View Post
Overall Knights have better pets.

But Zenith is a beast from a dps standpoint. Plus he really does have some great onliners if you use him.

I am tank spec Shadow and I really like having him around
Doc's
"Did you not see my jedi friend"

Is my favorite I've heard so far

Sarielle
03.27.2012 , 07:29 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by CutlassJack View Post
If you like the playstyle of the Consular but want a much more fun and interesting story and companions, I'd reccomend giving Inquisitor a try. I found it more fun on every level. Even if you prefer playing Lightside.
I got a little tired of the lightning when I tried it briefly, to be honest. It was really fun at first but I got a little burned out on it -- no pun intended. I really just enjoy playing healers, but I guess since my IA is one I can stand to branch out a bit for the Jedi Knight.

Looks like they're definitely winning the most votes

Bodaciousbaconn
03.27.2012 , 07:42 PM | #15
Man, why is everybody hating on Qyzen? I thought the whole religion that he brought to the table was interesting, as well him being the only Companion that isn't "human-like" for the Republic side.

Also, I'm a 45 Sage, and I personally like everybody except Tharan
Quote: Originally Posted by befear View Post
Even in life you do dailies.

xHazzzy
03.27.2012 , 07:42 PM | #16
Jedi shadow is the best one to choose for pvp

bookist
03.27.2012 , 10:19 PM | #17
In my opinion the only companions i like are qyzen (he is interesting compared to the others, and he has a different take on life which is a refresher, trust me) and Nadia who I actually do grow to like. As for the stories, I will say that the Consular's get's much better after act 1, but it might seem intolerable during act 1. I like the Knight's companions a little bit more, and as for his story, you will either love it or hate it.

SithEater
03.28.2012 , 02:03 AM | #18
JC companions all day, and look at my sig unlike most I have actually played both to 50. T7 rocks and Kira is good but lets face it Doc is the poor man's Tharan and BTW holo-hottie CC is best Companion ability in the game. Scourge is a pain and I was already sick of his Darth Nobody *** in the book, much less in game. Rusk is a cookie cutter soldier just like Iresso, at least Zenith has a reason to fight other than someone gave him orders too.

Qyzen has one of the best stories I have seen in the game so far. Easily the most original except maybe Kem Val. Nadia was a better overall character I think than Kira but her romance is shoe-horned in at the end and it just goes by too quick.

I am glad I played both but I would rather go thru the JC story again than the JK.
Grand Master of the Sword in Box Form of Lightsaber Combat.

Sarielle
03.28.2012 , 02:14 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by xHazzzy View Post
Jedi shadow is the best one to choose for pvp

Anyways, if I don't solve my leveling issues on my main character I won't be rolling an alt. -sigh- Without being able to find groups for heroics, I have run out of quests.

Still, feel free to keep opinions coming. Consular seems to be getting a little more love.

Mirandel
03.28.2012 , 05:51 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by SithEater View Post
Doc is the poor man's Tharan and BTW holo-hottie CC is best Companion ability in the game.
This. Tharan is the best and most useful healer among all healers in the game. His CC is by far superior to any other.

Quote:
Rusk is a cookie cutter soldier just like Iresso, at least Zenith has a reason to fight other than someone gave him orders too.
And this one is your potential problem: hot unromace-able Zenith with a deep story (and for many specs the best companion) vs romace-able and sweet but dull in comparison and useless Iresso