Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lightsaber Upgrades....

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Lightsaber Upgrades....

Lsjreadingpa
03.26.2012 , 04:08 PM | #1
I am currently level 15 and just got a virtuous ardent blades lightsaber http://www.torhead.com/item/95egjU8/...des-lightsaber but i am not sure if i should use it or stay with my level 10 blade. I read when i first was playing in the beta that i should keep my first saber and just upgrade the mods. What should i do?

Nyhm
03.26.2012 , 04:30 PM | #2
Good question. I heard the same thing too regarding armor. But now IM confused because I just bought the Republic Dancers armor for my Sage, but im being told that the (Rating) will limit the mods I can out in there, and will eventually need to abandon it for something better sans PVP gear.

So I too want to keep my original lightsaber, im sentimental that way. And want to keep this awesome looking armor.

Lsjreadingpa
03.26.2012 , 04:40 PM | #3
It's not about sentimental feelings, at least not for me, i just don't want to get rid of it without knowing for sure.

ikinai
03.26.2012 , 04:58 PM | #4
Hi guys, well here's the good news. You can continue to update the lightsaber (and the dancers outfit) all the way to 50. If it's orange it's modifiable and you can simply replace the armoring or color crystal, enhancement and mod slots as you advance in levels.

Here's the not so good news, in the newest patch upcoming, 1.2, there will be the ability to have critically crafted armor and lightsabers. Meaning they could have an augment slot, or an extra slot for more stats to be added.

The mitigating news is supposedly in a future patch you will be able to add the augment slot to any gear or weapon. Meaning that you would indeed be able to use your very first lightsaber all the way to end game, eventually.
I'll tell you what, then. Why don't you call me some time when you have no class?
--Rodney Dangerfield Back to School

Lsjreadingpa
03.26.2012 , 05:03 PM | #5
So I can sell the above lightsaber?

DcCrow
03.26.2012 , 05:50 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Lsjreadingpa View Post
So I can sell the above lightsaber?
You can if you want, but i kept that lightsaber until 50 and modded it the whole way so i never had to use another.
http://mrlizard.com/rants/why-havent...ixed-this-bug/

Best Response to the ETA on Bug Fixes

Djspyder
03.26.2012 , 06:16 PM | #7
Its An Orange Saber, So they can both be modded, So you Could Keep Either Or Both Of them Forever, As Long as you Keep up with the Mods you should be fine.

With ALL orange Gear, Armor and Weapons, If you Like the look Of it Keep it and Just remember to keep it Modded to your lvl,

Hilts Improve the Actual Weapon Rating for Sabers, Other mods are Just for stats.
Armoring For Armor
Barrel For Blaster

So If you Like what you have Keep it and just mod it out.

Lysico
03.26.2012 , 08:47 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Lsjreadingpa View Post
I am currently level 15 and just got a virtuous ardent blades lightsaber http://www.torhead.com/item/95egjU8/...des-lightsaber but i am not sure if i should use it or stay with my level 10 blade. I read when i first was playing in the beta that i should keep my first saber and just upgrade the mods. What should i do?
you are level 15..

Give it ZERO thought.. You will outlevel that so fast it is not funny.

Why bother taking anytime worrying about low level stuff that will be outdated in 2-3 hours of playtime??

If you are that stressed get the mid teen pvp weapon. You are pvp'ing I hope??! Too much xp and gear if you don't at least knock out the daily.

Djspyder
03.27.2012 , 06:16 PM | #9
After Re-checking the Picture I Hope You DIDN'T sell that saber... not only is it an orange mod-able it has an Extra Augment Slot on It which means It is Slightly MORE mod-able then a Normal orange saber.

IF you keep this modded to lvl and Keep filling that augment slot every so often this saber should last you all the way till endgame.

Eternalnight
03.27.2012 , 10:36 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Djspyder View Post
not only is it an orange mod-able it has an Extra Augment Slot on It
No it doesn't.

Every item you look at the Database of http://www.torhead.com/ has the text "Augment Open" on them. All of them have this.
It does not mean that, the "Virtuous Ardent Blade's Lightsaber" he has, does have an augment slot.
It is simply a bug in the datamining process used to create Torhead's database.