Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Possible for a Jedi to be in a relationship?(In terms of SWTOR)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Possible for a Jedi to be in a relationship?(In terms of SWTOR)

Dragongit
12.16.2011 , 05:19 PM | #1
So i've finally gotten into the early access and I'm enjoying it thus far. I'm currently level 8 and finished up a mission where the Tw'lik girl became matriarch. When I see the option to flirt, I see a big ol Dark side icon below. Now don't misunderstand, I understand the whole lore of Star Wars, Jedi arn't suppose to have relationships. But is it even remotely possible, with the mechanics of SWTOR and (realationships) for a Jedi to have any sort of bond without having you be concidered "dark"? I suppose a few dark side points now and then won't hurt, but I wouldn't want to risk loosing out on something else later because I didn't have enough light points.
DECEMBER CREW

VanorDM
12.16.2011 , 05:23 PM | #2
Yes they can.

For one thing this is a whole different era then the movies, and Jedi aren't quite the same way now as they are then.

Also, you will have at least one NPC companion that you can develop a romantic relationship with.

Knight_Marshal
12.18.2011 , 08:45 AM | #3
Playing a female I didn't get quite the same option with the Twi'lek that male characters do, but I did get to do a bonding ritual to makes us as sisters. I gained 50 dark side points for doing so. I then told my master what I did and gained 50 light side points.

You can do romances and probably gain some dark side points, but as long as you are not gaining a lot of dark side points from other things, then you will stay light side.

Quiet
12.18.2011 , 11:33 AM | #4
Jedi Code
There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no death, there is the Force.

Jedi = no intimate personal relationships because they involve emotions.
Ergo, Jedi Council rules no relationships.
If you go aganist this, then you violate the jedi code/council/mandate/etc and get darkside points for doing so.

Mithros
12.18.2011 , 01:01 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Dragongit View Post
When I see the option to flirt, I see a big ol Dark side icon below.
My advice is to go into preferences and turn off the option that shows light or dark choices on mouseover.
It's not worth worrying about.

Quote:
Now don't misunderstand, I understand the whole lore of Star Wars, Jedi arn't suppose to have relationships.
Thus the dark side points.

Quote:
But is it even remotely possible, with the mechanics of SWTOR and (realationships) for a Jedi to have any sort of bond without having you be concidered "dark"?
It takes a net +1000 dark side points to reach 'dark 1'.
That is a whole lot more than you will get just from having relations, or a relationship, and if you are doing light acts all the while, you should never approach anything remotely resembling dark.

Quote:
I suppose a few dark side points now and then won't hurt...
Exactly right.
Which is why I suggest turning off the mouseover thing and/or using your numbers keys to answer.

If you want to play light you can easily do so without worrying about every little light side point.

Ultimately you either consider the answer to be what matters or the result. The two may not always go in the same direction, so pick one and stick with it.

Quote:
...but I wouldn't want to risk loosing out on something else later because I didn't have enough light points.
The pool is deep, limited only by how many times you can run repeatable missions and send companions on diplomacy missions during the life of the game.
If you played through the Esseles flashpoint and gave answers that matched your character concept and ended up netting 100 light side points, then every time you play the Esseles and answer the same way you will score those 100 light side points.

You will not 'lose out' on anything. At worst, you only delay it.

Anyway, I think that light and dark gear is being blown way out of proportion. Take a look at the gear and take a look at gear of the same level and quality that anyone can equip.
Beta Squadron 157

As long as we remember, it's never really gone.

umbongoumbongo
12.18.2011 , 04:29 PM | #6
wrong thread :*(
$DO || ! $DO ; try
try: command not found