Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Biochem crit chance without companion crit bonus

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Biochem crit chance without companion crit bonus

pooks
03.26.2012 , 12:50 PM | #1
Hello
I would like to make implants with sockets but don't know the chance or lack thereof of getting a socket if I send a companion off that doesn't have a biochem crafting critical bonus.
Can I still get implants with sockets or will it be so bad that the return rate is like 1/100 tries?
What is the difference in getting a crit with a companion with the biochem crit bonus and using the companions with no crit bonuses for biochem?
Thank you.

Maatogaeoth
03.26.2012 , 01:08 PM | #2
Increasing your companion affection level increases your crit chance.

At 10k affection on all my Sorc minions, none of which have any bonus to biochem crit, yield about 1 in 6 items with an augment slot.

This is just from my limited sample set of course. But you can definitely get them at a much higher % chance than 1 in 100.

DustomaticGXC
03.26.2012 , 02:20 PM | #3
+15% is what 10k affection gives you. Both efficiency and crit. It's been tested.

There is a minimum crit chance as well, though I don't know what it is. I know this because the droid can crit things on occasion.

So a companion with a crit bonus and 10k affection would be 15% +x%, x being the critical bonus of the companion.
Don't act like you didn't see this coming.