Koreallis PVP Mounts - Tradable or not?

JohraTon

Just curious to find if anyone can confirm 100% if the Prince/Sovereign will be tradable to other players along with the Baron and Commander after 1.2. Seems to be conflicting information around the forums as to if they are or aren't

The patch notes are a little vague and a quick search of the dev tracker can't find a definitive answer.

Edited by JohraTon

I thought all Korrealis mounts were going away with 1.2 (hence the reason some are available for purchase in the speeder vendor, and the PVP ones went down in cost)

Yep you're right. The original post in the economic update also spoke about the removal of trade restrictions from "some" of these speeders to allow the trade of them between players after they are removed.

Now because the the PvP speeders were effected by this item cost reduction and they have said the Korealis speeders will be removed, many players including myself have assumed the removal of BoP to allow these to be traded to other players extended to all these also.

In other threads players seem to be saying they can't be traded like the other speeders. Now I'm not sure if they've tried it or not, but before I start wasting more commendations buying these for friends it would be nice to get a definitive answer.

Edited by JohraTon

Looking for the answer to that question myself, it would be beyond aggravating to waste money and/or commendations on these only to discover that I'm forever stuck with duplicates (and almost just as annoying to find out I passed up the chance to stock up on a few of these because of a lack of information =/ )

Up again.

This is the problem when a question about the current PTS build is removed from the PTS forums. No one who knows comes across it unless a dev stumbles across the post.

Edited by JohraTon

I got all the korrealis mounts from the fleet vendor recently and finally hit valor 65 for the PVP speeder on Monday. With that, I think I have a good idea of the situation with these things.

On a side note, I believe they didn't communicate the changes that well, they kind of lumped all the changes into one comment, even though not all the changes mentioned (reduced cost, removed requirements, etc) apply to all the Korrealis mounts.

Baron - Moved to fleet vendor, no more social requirement, costs 2MM credits, BoE... Haven's seen anyone reselling them right now, likely because they cost so much that people are either keeping the mount for themselves or saving them in hopes of getting a ridiculous price of 10-20 million cr later on when they are no longer available.

Commander - Moved to fleet vendor, price reduced to 1 MM cr, BoE... more affordable so I'm guessing more likely to be resold. I haven't seen anyone resell them yet, probably because costing 1MM is low enough to keep 1 or 2 in cargo until they become rare after the patch to sell for a much more.

Sovereign/Prince - Reduced to 800/800 WZ/Marc comms, BoP... BoP because of the valor requirement obviously. No one will be reselling these. WZ/Merc comms are so easy to grind with the current patch that the cost of this speeder would easily be the lowest of the 3 if it didn't have the valor requirement, and not letting ppl buy them now without the proper valor level is to head off the fact that tons of people will buy them now, and then weeks/months later when they hit valor 65 the fleet will be flooded with them.

Edited by YESWEKEN

Bumped again, cheers for the info so far.

The reason behind requesting a dev response is simply because if they aren't tradable like the other Korealis speeders, while its not strictly conflicting with the economic update notes it is not really as open with the community as that post was meant to be.

While I appreciate the info so far, we don't know if these trade restrictions currently in place are an oversight or if that is truely how they are intended to be at 1.2 launch. Many players including myself have either bought spares or intend to buy spares for alts, friends or just to trade later. I'm sure it would be appreciated by those players if one could come and give us a definitive answer.

So, so far this is STILL speculation then?

I mean I do see the reasoning why this wouldn't be tradeable, but I'm surprised nobody has a definitive answer. The Devs' use of "SOME will be tradeable" is just too vague.

Didn't some guilds get transferred to the PTS?

Wouldn't some of these people have had a Koreallis PVP mount in their inventory and test trade?

Please try it! Thanks.

So, so far this is STILL speculation then?

I mean I do see the reasoning why this wouldn't be tradeable, but I'm surprised nobody has a definitive answer. The Devs' use of "SOME will be tradeable" is just too vague.

Didn't some guilds get transferred to the PTS?

Wouldn't some of these people have had a Koreallis PVP mount in their inventory and test trade?

Please try it! Thanks.

To be honest this was the original reason I made this post in the PTS forums. But even if it is still BoP on the PTS without a dev response we don't know if its by design or its just simply been missed as its not on the normal vendor.

But again, bumped awaiting a dev response. I'm starting to think I should flag it to at least get some attention.

No, don't flag.

I actually think it won't be tradeable.

Check out my own thread, also on the PTS. Read the last couple posts.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=383856

In my last post you see none of the others are not bound, EXCEPT the PVP one is. Assuming they're talking in present tense in the notes, they're basically saying that the Sovereign/Prince will not be tradeable after all.

Edited by Stenrik

What else is there to clarify at this point? The fate of these speeders when 1.2 comes out?

I thought all the speeders that had some changes applied to them in 1.1.5 (social x req removed, decrease in price, decrease in commendation cost, moved to fleet vendor) are going to be removed in 1.2?

How things are right now are what they meant it be, I doubt there will be a patch before a patch to change how any of the speeders are now (BoP, BoE, Valor Req. etc)

I guess the only part that's confusing is the Tirsa speeder, that it may or may not stay after the patch. That I am not sure about, it did get moved to the fleet with all the others, so I would assume it's getting removed when 1.2 hits.

Safest bet is to grind out whatever you need to to try to get what you want before the patch.

What else is there to clarify at this point? The fate of these speeders when 1.2 comes out?

I thought all the speeders that had some changes applied to them in 1.1.5 (social x req removed, decrease in price, decrease in commendation cost, moved to fleet vendor) are going to be removed in 1.2?

How things are right now are what they meant it be, I doubt there will be a patch before a patch to change how any of the speeders are now (BoP, BoE, Valor Req. etc)

I guess the only part that's confusing is the Tirsa speeder, that it may or may not stay after the patch. That I am not sure about, it did get moved to the fleet with all the others, so I would assume it's getting removed when 1.2 hits.

Safest bet is to grind out whatever you need to to try to get what you want before the patch.

Sounds like you're mistaken. The speeders will not be removed from the game when 1.2 comes out. They will simply be removed from vendors and the BoP restrictions removed meaning players will be the only source of them.

What needs clarifying is whether or not the Prince/Sovereign are included in the lifting of these trade restrictions.

I already have the ones I want, including spare Princes for alts, but it now seems the Prince/Sovereign is not included in the lifting of trade restrictions.

Is it by design or a mistake? Will it remain that way after 1.2? why wasn't it excluded in the economic update notes rather than leave people to buy spares and find out after the event?

This is what I would like clearing up.

The removal of trade restrictions from these speeders is quoted from the economic update patch.

my mistake, removed from vendors is what I meant, not the game of course.

as for the trade restrictions, I think while poorly communicated, the way things are now are how they are going to be going forward, even after the patch. At least that's what I infer from the scattered comments they've posted and the decisions applied to some but not all speeders. With so much confusion already surrounding the PVP speeders and so many ppl wanting them without the valor req. I wouldn't be surprised they're just done messing with the issue especially since they wont be sold anymore soon.

Edited by YESWEKEN