Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How do you compare upgrades to Orange Gear?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
How do you compare upgrades to Orange Gear?

ViperI
03.29.2012 , 07:42 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by amantheil View Post
I misspoke. I can see the armor and damage ratings for the orange piece of gear. But when I go to a vendor and look at armor or a barrel, I do not see the armor/damage of that particular mod. I can see the stats (endurance, aim, cunning, etc.). So I can compare orange gear to orange gear, what I can't do is look at a barrel from a vendor and easily see whether or not it's an upgrade over the barrel currently in my gun.
compare ratings on the vendor mod to the rating number on your equipped item. Since armorings can be put in light, medium or heavy armor, the final armor stat will be different for the same mod depending on what base item you put it in. That's why you have to compare ratings. So look on the hilt, armoring or barrel and there will be a note like "rating 100," that's what you want to compare.
Viper 1
Frozen In Carbonite

MorgonKara
03.29.2012 , 07:44 PM | #12
The Rating is what you want to look at (aside from the attributes). Hilts, Barrels and Armoring have a Rating. Mods and Enhancements you just want the highest number for your main stat.
Armormech-Armstech-Chemist-Mor-gon-M'orgon-Maxxi
Armormech-Armstech-Biochem-Artifice-Synthweaving-Cybertech
The Craft Legacy ~The Ebon Hawk