Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lag issues

jlcrogue
12.16.2011 , 05:07 PM | #1
I've had a big problem with lag ever since I played the beta. Sometimes the framerate is decent and at around 20 to 30 fps, but most of the time it's as low as 1 to 3 fps and I can't even move without running into walls or suddenly running in the wrong direction. People won't want to group up with me on flashpoints because the lag renders me virtually useless! Sometimes all it takes is a little bit of patience and my framerate will go up (loading the area), but no one's patient. I know it's not my video card because I have a decent gaming laptop (Intel core i7 1.6 GHz, Geforce GTX 260M 1GB, 4GB RAM) and all the graphics settings are on low. I've opened the task manager and noticed under networking that I have a 100Mbps connection, but the network utilization is almost always around 0% and never reaches any more than a fraction of a percent. I tried restarting the modem and router, but that didn't fix anything. Someone please help me with my networking problem, because the lag is usually so bad that I can't even play the game!

Drakenborg
12.16.2011 , 05:11 PM | #2
I had some problems with that when I played beta first time.
I removed Norton after than and switched off firewall, every time I wanted to play. Worked fine.
But I am nit sure if that is going to work for you, I would strongly advise asking your ISP if they block some ports on your line and/or have some maintenance. Finally, change of ISP may be an option as well.
Brakkar
Radiant Knights

swtor.radiantknights.co.uk

jlcrogue
12.16.2011 , 05:33 PM | #3
Do you think I should switch off my firewall entirely? Because the game is already listed as allowed to communicate through the firewall. Also, I have Avira antivirus instead of Norton. Should I uninstall it? Thanks

bloodnaught
12.21.2011 , 10:29 AM | #4
ivew also had some issues in certains areas of the game with major frame rate drops
hopefully the norton thing the guy above me mentions will work

dslicer
01.02.2012 , 04:37 PM | #5
try shrinking screen resolution to maybe 1024x768 and see if it makes a difference

SekceeJuggzz
01.18.2012 , 01:16 PM | #6
I've tried everything in this thread... playing this game is impossible! I play on an ASUS G72GX with Intel Core Duo P8700 2.53Ghz processor and Windows 7 64bit OS.

***?

zobius
01.18.2012 , 01:34 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by SekceeJuggzz View Post
I've tried everything in this thread... playing this game is impossible! I play on an ASUS G72GX with Intel Core Duo P8700 2.53Ghz processor and Windows 7 64bit OS.

***?
I have the same laptop and have no problems with the game .Do you have alot running in the background??

BebeLeBozo
01.18.2012 , 01:37 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by jlcrogue View Post
I've had a big problem with lag ever since I played the beta. Sometimes the framerate is decent and at around 20 to 30 fps, but most of the time it's as low as 1 to 3 fps and I can't even move without running into walls or suddenly running in the wrong direction. People won't want to group up with me on flashpoints because the lag renders me virtually useless! Sometimes all it takes is a little bit of patience and my framerate will go up (loading the area), but no one's patient. I know it's not my video card because I have a decent gaming laptop (Intel core i7 1.6 GHz, Geforce GTX 260M 1GB, 4GB RAM) and all the graphics settings are on low. I've opened the task manager and noticed under networking that I have a 100Mbps connection, but the network utilization is almost always around 0% and never reaches any more than a fraction of a percent. I tried restarting the modem and router, but that didn't fix anything. Someone please help me with my networking problem, because the lag is usually so bad that I can't even play the game!
To confirm it's a network issue, check your ping rate. It's on the bottom of the mini map. If it drops, it's your connection. if not, it's something on your machine. BTW 20-30 FPS peak is not that great. I tried my laptop and it did the same thing when I went into heavy traffic areas. The video card couldn't handle it.

zobius
01.18.2012 , 01:56 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by SekceeJuggzz View Post

***?
I have the same laptop and have no problems with the game .Do you have alot running in the background??

SekceeJuggzz
01.18.2012 , 02:14 PM | #10
Nope.. I have nothing running in the background! WOW, really? you don't have any Frame rate issues at all?