Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Jedi Consular and Sith Inquisitor

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Jedi Consular and Sith Inquisitor

Koltirion's Avatar


Koltirion
03.26.2012 , 12:12 AM | #1
I know these two classes mirror each other but as I looked into the advanced class specs they looked a little different. Here are the matchups...

For PvP Damage: Jedi Consular-Shadow-Infiltration vs. Sith Inquisitor-Assasin-Deception

For PvE Healing: Jedi Consular-Sage-Seer vs. Sith Inquisitor-Sorcerer-Corruption

This isn't about the builds but more focused on the "specific" spells each one gets. Thanks!

Shardie's Avatar


Shardie
03.26.2012 , 02:11 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Koltirion View Post
I know these two classes mirror each other but as I looked into the advanced class specs they looked a little different. Here are the matchups...

For PvP Damage: Jedi Consular-Shadow-Infiltration vs. Sith Inquisitor-Assasin-Deception

For PvE Healing: Jedi Consular-Sage-Seer vs. Sith Inquisitor-Sorcerer-Corruption

This isn't about the builds but more focused on the "specific" spells each one gets. Thanks!
How do you mean different? Same skills, different names, same talent trees... (examples, I mean)
The Caaru Legacy
Vennah - lvl 60 Shadow
Vassar - lvl 60 Gunslinger

ScottHK's Avatar


ScottHK
03.26.2012 , 03:59 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Koltirion View Post
I know these two classes mirror each other but as I looked into the advanced class specs they looked a little different. Here are the matchups...

For PvP Damage: Jedi Consular-Shadow-Infiltration vs. Sith Inquisitor-Assasin-Deception

For PvE Healing: Jedi Consular-Sage-Seer vs. Sith Inquisitor-Sorcerer-Corruption

This isn't about the builds but more focused on the "specific" spells each one gets. Thanks!
Um... they're the same spells? The only meaningful and class defining difference I know of is the end game spells they have. If I remember rightly, Sage has a team ability whereas Sorc has a self ability.
Vaber : Sith Inquisitor : Sorceror : Trask Ulgo
Zeento : Smuggler : Scoundrel : Trask Ulgo

"You don't need a reason to help people."

Koltirion's Avatar


Koltirion
03.26.2012 , 10:57 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by ScottHK View Post
If I remember rightly, Sage has a team ability whereas Sorc has a self ability.
Yeah this was what I was hoping to gain from this thread. I wanted to know because looking at the talent trees, some of the specs gave more skill than the mirror class. Thanks for the help!

Achromatis's Avatar


Achromatis
03.26.2012 , 11:48 AM | #5
Just pick an Inquisitor, lol, unless you wanted to play Republic. Better story, better visuals, better companions.
Not Meant to Be a Factual Statement

The plural of anecdote is not data

Alusius's Avatar


Alusius
03.26.2012 , 07:25 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Achromatis View Post
Just pick an Inquisitor, lol, unless you wanted to play Republic. Better story, better visuals, better companions.
I don't agree with the better graphics part of this.. I got a sorc to 32 before I couldn't take one more lightning spell or ugly murky purple haze.

I'll give you everything else tho, sage story is crap till act 3 imo. The companions are decent and the spell graphics are way way better since they actually use different graphics for each spell.. Unlike sorcs that use same graphic for what, 4 or 5 spells on top of EVERYTHING being purple? Ugh No thx.

With the legacy system being what it is I am gonna roll a sage a the imp side so I can enjoy the story and not be driven away because of my spells.