Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

get any aoe?

mattygbanga
03.25.2012 , 11:33 PM | #1
do assassins get any good aoes, im lvl 16 atm i no im low but have rly no aoes at all and its sorta lacking in it when it comes to big mobs where u need 1

Eternalnight
03.25.2012 , 11:36 PM | #2
Eventually, but your aoe capabilities are somewhat different depending which skill tree you use.

verfallen
03.26.2012 , 01:09 AM | #3
Darkness gets wither and dark charge's discharge.

Otherwise its overload and lacerate (which you get at level 24) for the two other spec.

Lacerate is a saber spin, that deals low damage, and is a very good way to empty your force in 5 seconds. Use is limited to nuking weak thrash mostly.

As far as DPS goes, sorc have it better in the AoE department than assassin does.

Astarica
03.26.2012 , 02:01 AM | #4
Assassins aren't a strong AE class, but whenever you do like 100% more DPS than the closest guy, other classes will say you were padding your stats with AEs.

Fallerup
03.26.2012 , 02:04 AM | #5
I wish they would change lacerate into a channeling ability, as the assassin npcs do, where they stand there spinning while a channel bar ticks down. that would be awesome. instead of reclicking over and over.
Gagota Class: Arsenal Mercenary
Member Of
Dark Brotherhood
Server: Tomb Of Freedon nadd EU

Astarica
03.26.2012 , 02:08 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Fallerup View Post
I wish they would change lacerate into a channeling ability, as the assassin npcs do, where they stand there spinning while a channel bar ticks down. that would be awesome. instead of reclicking over and over.
Spinning Strikes is done by NPC using staff-like weapons I'm pretty sure, not Assassins.

AetherMcLoud
03.26.2012 , 02:49 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by verfallen View Post

Otherwise its overload and lacerate (which you get at level 24) for the two other spec.

Lacerate is a saber spin, that deals low damage, and is a very good way to empty your force in 5 seconds. Use is limited to nuking weak thrash mostly.

As far as DPS goes, sorc have it better in the AoE department than assassin does.
Madness also gets Death Field.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

da_krall
03.26.2012 , 03:00 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud View Post
Madness also gets Death Field.
So in 1.2 Sin will have much better AOE that Sorc

Eternalnight
03.26.2012 , 03:05 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by verfallen View Post

But, that isn't all, as Madness spec can have Death Field (even if it is 3 target only)

verfallen
03.26.2012 , 10:31 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by da_krall View Post
So in 1.2 Sin will have much better AOE that Sorc
Force storm says otherwise.

And my bad for forgetting Death Field. Madness is the one spec that never really appealed to me, so I'm unfamiliar with the finer mechanics.