Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can someone explain "Bonus Series" of quests

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Can someone explain "Bonus Series" of quests

Lynchpin-Redux
12.16.2011 , 04:59 PM | #1
Not that bonus kill quests you get with almost every major quest, but the "bonus series" that begins at the end of the 3rd planet.

How do these quests fit into the questing flow? What is their purpose? Do they continue the story?

Vissirra
12.16.2011 , 05:02 PM | #2
They have nothing to do with the class story arc, but instead are a continuation of the planets story arc.
"Star Wars: The Old Republic is the spritual successor to Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, also made by BioWare, and not any other game." Georg Zoeller

Lynchpin-Redux
12.16.2011 , 05:07 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Vissirra View Post
They have nothing to do with the class story arc, but instead are a continuation of the planets story arc.

But how do they fit in terms of quest flow... like if you stay to do all of them, are the next planet's quests going to be green?

phowell
12.16.2011 , 05:09 PM | #4
You can't stay and do them because once you finish the quest that the bonus is from the bonus disappears. You won't outlevel things simply by doing bonuses.

Simple answer: Take what bonuses you can get, don't go out of your way to do them.

Sorn
12.17.2011 , 03:37 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by phowell View Post
You can't stay and do them because once you finish the quest that the bonus is from the bonus disappears. You won't outlevel things simply by doing bonuses.

Simple answer: Take what bonuses you can get, don't go out of your way to do them.
He's referring to something else. He means the "Bonus Series" quest-arc. You're referring to the Bonus Quests given off of other quests or from specific areas.

I'm wondering the same. It seems like when I clear an entire planet + the Bonus Series I'm perfect level for the next planet. But I don't PvP or do Flashpoints. So that might be the scale tipper.

Vilens
03.26.2012 , 07:08 AM | #6
My question is, do the bonus series' disappear?

and all they do is finish off that planet's story and provide additional XP?

New_Dawn
03.26.2012 , 07:24 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Vissirra View Post
^this
Due to the scaling of XP with levels it's hard to outlevel class quests just by doing extra quests like PvP, Space and flashpoints, but it is possible. Some bonus quests aren't even available at the end of the planet (Nar Shadaa) and you have to come back to the planet after gaining some levels to get them. I guess to answer your question, yes, if you do all bonus series and other extras your class quests will be green instead of yellow.
What if the democracy we thought we were serving no longer exists, and the Republic has become the very evil we've been fighting to destroy?

redfurry
03.26.2012 , 07:30 AM | #8
I think the idea is to allow you to skip most of one planet's side quests and do the bonus series instead. For instance, the Nar Shaddaa Bonus Series is at the same intended level as Alderaan. So if you cannot stand that planet (or if this is your third alt and you are sick of the same missions), you can just run through your class missions on Alderaan and do the Nar Shaddaa series.

wallywaffles
03.26.2012 , 07:30 AM | #9
You don't really need the bonus series experience. Leveling my Bounty Hunter I did almost all the normal quests, a few space missions and only 1 bonus series (Voss). Hit 50 doing only class quest on Corellia, and nothing on Ilum.

So yeah, you don't need them but I like to think of them as alternate leveling paths (eg for alts). If you just go through the normal planets on your first character then skip some of the regular missions and do bonus series on an alt, you will have a lot more variety. Of course you can do some regular/bonus on each as well.

amantheil
03.26.2012 , 07:32 AM | #10
They are just another quest chain. There is nothing special about them. They can be a good source of credits, xp, or commendations - but if you are ready to move on to a new planet then you can skip them.