Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I want Karagga's hat...

feenan
03.25.2012 , 06:12 PM | #1
anybody know the likelyhood of it dropping?

...i wanna be the silliest person in pvp on my server...

davloh
03.25.2012 , 06:47 PM | #2
Its rare, its BOP and its locked to 1 random player in the raid hence you cant roll for it.
I know because i just got it recently, and have been pvping with it.
I got some MVP votes because of it too lol
Davloh War Hero - Sniper
DavlohHandsome Nub - Sentinel
Swiftsure Server

exphryl
03.25.2012 , 07:37 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by davloh View Post
Its rare, its BOP and its locked to 1 random player in the raid hence you cant roll for it.
I know because i just got it recently, and have been pvping with it.
I got some MVP votes because of it too lol
We haven't seen it yet, but by locked i'm assuming you mean on normal mode?

I can't see that being a case in HM/NM unless somebody terrible coded something wrong.
E x p h r y l | <Exiled Disciples> Daragon Trail
| ---------- Want to see Pyro Burst Potential in 1.2? Watch This! -----------|
| Valor 90+ Powertech | |Thinking of Rolling a Pyro or Assault VG? Read this Guide |
|
|Guild Website | Youtube| Cassie - 50 Operative | Krelia - 50 Sorcerer|

DarthThuzad
03.25.2012 , 08:01 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by exphryl View Post
We haven't seen it yet, but by locked i'm assuming you mean on normal mode?

I can't see that being a case in HM/NM unless somebody terrible coded something wrong.
Only one of you can loot it per drop.
Warlord Vashara Azear the Infernal
<Nova Imperium>
Major Thrinna Rainor

davloh
03.25.2012 , 08:58 PM | #5
The run was done on HM and the master looter or other raid members cannot see the hat at all.
Davloh War Hero - Sniper
DavlohHandsome Nub - Sentinel
Swiftsure Server

Veriu
03.26.2012 , 12:37 AM | #6
Of course only one person can loot it...it's a drop, there's only one there.

It's comes with no mods in it, so it isn't counted as a green/blue/purple item for loot threshold purposes.

Unless the leader has set the loot threshold to like grey items, the first person who clicks on the boss will get it (if it drops).
Quote: Originally Posted by Omega View Post
Ivy league educated research scientist working on solar cell development. So yeah, I have no need to feel "accomplished" in a videogame.
Call me when you've got 2 written recommendations from Nobel laureates and have attended annual private functions at the White House.

gramz
03.26.2012 , 02:11 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Veriu View Post
Of course only one person can loot it...it's a drop, there's only one there.

It's comes with no mods in it, so it isn't counted as a green/blue/purple item for loot threshold purposes.

Unless the leader has set the loot threshold to like grey items, the first person who clicks on the boss will get it (if it drops).
Thats not true, the way we do loot is to have someone (me) with auto loot turned off go through and click stuff to roll on it. The hat has dropped 3x, twice to the same person, I have never seen it on the boss.

Veriu
03.26.2012 , 03:13 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by gramz View Post
Thats not true, the way we do loot is to have someone (me) with auto loot turned off go through and click stuff to roll on it. The hat has dropped 3x, twice to the same person, I have never seen it on the boss.
well, i've seen it twice...both times i was the group leader.

the first time, I clicked on it thinking it would start a roll for it (this was before master looter was fixed). It went to me instead :/

the second time, I had the loot threshold to the lowest it could go, I clicked on it & gave it out to a raid member.

It is counted as like a white/grey item. Which, unless you have the loot threshold set to the lowest it can go, it is just given out to someone...just like if you are grouped up for dailies or whatever, you don't roll on grey items they are just taken by whoever can loot them right? But if you set the threshold to the lowest, then you can roll for them. It's the exact same thing.
Ivy league educated research scientist working on solar cell development. So yeah, I have no need to feel "accomplished" in a videogame.
Call me when you've got 2 written recommendations from Nobel laureates and have attended annual private functions at the White House.

Aenene
03.26.2012 , 10:40 AM | #9
we got one from karagga on a normal mode kill. When the ML'er went to start the roll, it went to them directly - no roll. Others have stated the same happened to them. So what setting, name specific, must loot be set to? As prototype was not low enough, unless it was just a coincidence that the looter would also be awarded it.
Aenene: Merc Healer [50]
<Kandosii> GM & RL
Mandalore the Indomitable

Veriu
03.26.2012 , 02:04 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Aenene View Post
we got one from karagga on a normal mode kill. When the ML'er went to start the roll, it went to them directly - no roll. Others have stated the same happened to them. So what setting, name specific, must loot be set to? As prototype was not low enough, unless it was just a coincidence that the looter would also be awarded it.
prototype is blue, without mods in it all oranges are counted as like grey or white items...so yes, prototype is not low enough.

As for what the name for the lowest level is, sorry I'm at work atm and don't remember, but it is the lowest level.