Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Heroic 4s in this game is pointless

TheLakers
03.27.2012 , 06:44 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by ckoneful View Post
Or you're smart. Been soloing Heroic 4s on my Marauder while leveling.

Marauder, aka, another class with some stealth. Nothing to do with being smart.

verfallen
03.27.2012 , 10:53 PM | #12
Marauder camouflage doesnt drop combat as far as I'm aware.

Actually lets clear something. Heroic don't have enrage timers, the timer is the tank survivability and the healers's pool. And few damn thing come close to being challenging.

You can easily do heroic 4 with a single friend so long as the tank OR the healer is a player. For H4 ideally both.

The real cake comes in H2. Respect healer/tank combo, using your companion to fill the missing role and you can solo H2 pretty much at level. H2 normally feature groups of 1 elite 2 strong, or 2 elites. The odd hard fight in them will be 2 elite one strong.

Healer class have a CC, so at worse one elite one strong. Easy to solo.

And to finish about H4: take whoever wants to come. Did one where we were 3 tanks with mako healing. Sure why not? Heck, 4 DPS with some CC can pretty much do some of them so long as not all of them are glass cannons, or that one got offheals (so unless you got 4 snipers...)

And as pointed out, they can mostly be skipped if the reward doesn't interest you. You can check what most yield on data sites like torhead.com.

As an exemple, I skip hunger of the whatever on NS, all of the NS BS ones, all of alderaan.

I do nearly all of them on tatooine and taris. Etc.

Carbonated
03.28.2012 , 01:28 AM | #13
theres a heroic 2 on belsavis thats harder then heroic 4s elsewhere tbh. theres a heroic 4 on hoth that if you have stealth can solo without fighting. you have to rescue people by clicking on them you can do in stealth and it doesnt break stealth.
I used to be Part of the community But the aussie dollar is strong with this one.

Nessirin
03.28.2012 , 06:15 AM | #14
I've had no problems ever finding groups for heroic 4 on my server. Either from my guild, my friends list, or from the general population. Maybe you should reroll on a server that is not dead.
Darth Mado vas Nightfall 50 marauder Ven Zallow

Tauntis
03.28.2012 , 06:43 AM | #15
On my 37 marauder, I've swapped out doing Heroic 4s with Space Missions. If you're running yellow missions, you'll still get 2x,xxx experience per mission, plus space commendations and upgrades for your ship. Also, they take considerably less time to do than the average Heroic 4, meaning you can theoretically level faster. I've been doing this since the early 30s on my marauder, and honestly think that I'll do this for all of my toons from now on.

Kendakon
03.28.2012 , 07:04 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Astarica View Post
I've been experimenting with various characters to see if I can beat the various Heroic 4s around the world, partly just to see if there's anything interesting in the story and partly because I'm bored. I've come to the conclusion that some heroic 4s are absolutely impossible to solo at even level or even while they still give XP. You can be clever about stuff that requires you hitting switches or killing just a large number of mobs, but there's always some Heroic 4 that features like a guy with boss immunity and 3 elite friends that you cannot possibly solo unless you're 10 levels higher than the enemy.

Now people will say they're Heroic 4s, they're not meant to be soloed, and that's fine, but people pretty much never group up in this game to do anything. Besides, when you do beat them, the reward is usually something uninteresting like a random orange item with blue/green mix of parts, or 3 commendations. You won't get anything that makes you feel powerful even compared to just doing crew skills, and crew skills are weak right now. You get something like 2X worth of XP, except leveling is trivial in this game. Basically Heroic 4s only make sense if you know at least one other guys who likes to kill hordes of elites that are actually sort of challenging instead of just level up to 50 through normal quests and/or PvP. I mean, it's not like being able to duo a Heroic 4 teaches you any meaningful skill in the end game (well it actually does but if you can learn from that you're already set).

The Heroic 2s, on the other hand, are actually pretty well thought out. You can usually solo them if you really know what you're doing or you can grab some help, and it's not even clear if the Heroic 4s give better loot than the Heroic 2s.

There should be at most one Heroic 4 per planet, and Heroic 4s should give twice the reward compared to a Heroic 2 so that there might actually be a reason to try to find some other people to do them.
I'd just like to point out that the devs said "a group is 4 players but COMPANIONS count against this total". I believe it even comes up as a tip on the loading screens sometimes.

That said,
ALL Heroic 2's should be soloable with your companion AT LEVEL (depending on class this currently isn't always true).

Heroic 4's should be doable with just 2 people with their companions, this isn't true either for all of them. Although as mentioned some are able to be done solo.

Honestly some of the solo class story fights are harder than some of those H2's. And therin lies the problem, there is absolutely zero consistency throughout this game.

BTW, I was doing this as well, because I was bored, until I found out the rewards are pretty much crap. It takes alot of effort and WAY more time to do these and you basically get nothing useful out of it. Even the XP being double makes it less efficient. It takes way longer then twice the time to drop a group of elites or champ and therefore you are actually wasting time. And to get nothing to drop but a couple credits, often less than what i get from a group of 4 normal mobs... Well that just kinda sucks. And the actaul quest rewards 9/10 aren't worth the time either, not even an upgrade in most cases just more vendor trash.

Kiswa
03.28.2012 , 07:28 AM | #17
You can 2-man the heroic 4s at level with 2 decent players. Get out there and make some friends!

Or skip them and do the bonus series to make up the lost xp.

Twuntage
03.28.2012 , 07:42 AM | #18
4 man heroics are not useless!

It allows me to do what a mmo actually should be about, to actually GROUP with someone.

I have made my friend list thicker through doing 4 mans with randoms, but if your an unsocial git i guess the very idea of having to group up and cooperate about anything make them useless.

This is the very reason why the introduction of an x-realm LFG and maybe in the future LFR will be a bad thing.

I realize that its harder to get groups now that server populations are lower due to activity level and more level 50 toons, but they were never needed just a nice bonus before you move into next planet.
Twuntage Rakata hoe
Bloodtworthy PVP EU
16 man Nightmare EV/KP mode farmer
Not failing since 2005

verfallen
03.28.2012 , 08:28 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Tauntis View Post
On my 37 marauder, I've swapped out doing Heroic 4s with Space Missions. If you're running yellow missions, you'll still get 2x,xxx experience per mission, plus space commendations and upgrades for your ship. Also, they take considerably less time to do than the average Heroic 4, meaning you can theoretically level faster. I've been doing this since the early 30s on my marauder, and honestly think that I'll do this for all of my toons from now on.
H4 are interesting xp wise but mainly done for the reward at the end. So space is a good filler, but won't yield the same unique gear, for exemple.

Space missions are also awesome at making you massively overlevel, same as doing WZ while leveling.

Erevan_Kindelar
03.28.2012 , 08:30 AM | #20
Solo Heroic 4's? Fail troll is still a fail.