Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Jedi Shadow Handbook v2.0

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
The Jedi Shadow Handbook v2.0

Zintair
06.16.2012 , 02:00 PM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by stephenalandavie View Post
Quick question here the guide says use a power generator but shadows dont have this? we get focus and shield?
Yes a Focus. Any chance you could tell me where the word error occurs? Thank you.
Sanctus formerly Serenity (PotF)
A Republic PvE/PvP Guild
Website | Video | Thread

Sentrosi
06.18.2012 , 09:02 AM | #112
Thanks for posting this guide. It's going to help me a lot.
I lead an Imperial guild on Jung-Ma and recently decided to make a Republic guild on the same server. Some of my troops want HK-51 and wanted to get a head start on their Republic characters for it. I don't really have a need for HK-51 but I enjoy playing with the guys and gals in my guild.

So I decided to roll a Jedi Shadow purely for PvP. My main on the Imperial side was a Heal spec Sorc but converted him into a DPS after some of my troops expressed interest in healing. I leveled up traditionally and didn't really touch PvP much past the point when they hit us with the nerf bat. This is going to be some virgin territory for me.

So forgive me if you've already answered these questions previously.
1. I noticed that you had asked HouseSolo which playstyle he would want to play. I would like to play in a way that maximizes my points with as much DPS as possible. So which would be better for me to play as? The one that throws a Guard on the healer and defends that healer? Or should I just go straight DPS against the other teams healers?

2. For PvP, is the Biochem (Biochem/Bioanalysis/Diplomacy) crew skills viable for the stims? Or should I just stick to going with Slicing and make credits?
Sith Master of the Dragon Wolves
Test System: Q9550, 8GB DDR3 1333, Gigabyte HD6850, Gigabyte EP35C-DS3R
Running Windows 7 x64

Okema
06.19.2012 , 02:19 PM | #113
Did anyone ever try a variation of the Slow-stab build?

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#601rcrozrckfsZhMb.1

Dafpants
06.19.2012 , 09:22 PM | #114
Quote: Originally Posted by Zintair View Post
Yes a Focus. Any chance you could tell me where the word error occurs? Thank you.
Hey,
It's in the "PvP Tank with DPS Gearing" section of KC -> Gearing

"I do not recommend equipping a Shield Generator in PvP; you'll be better off with a Power Generator."
(just above "PvP Tank High Protection Playstyle" )
Duct tape is like The Force; it has a light said and a dark side and it holds the universe together.
While I always try to provide correct and meaningful information I have been known to make mistakes, from time to time.

Zintair
06.26.2012 , 01:08 PM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by Dafpants View Post
Hey,
It's in the "PvP Tank with DPS Gearing" section of KC -> Gearing

"I do not recommend equipping a Shield Generator in PvP; you'll be better off with a Power Generator."
(just above "PvP Tank High Protection Playstyle" )
Thank you!

Also this will be updated today with 1.3 information
Sanctus formerly Serenity (PotF)
A Republic PvE/PvP Guild
Website | Video | Thread

VirgilT
06.29.2012 , 02:55 PM | #116
When you post the 1.3 build can you show the full build to level 50?

barreness
07.02.2012 , 09:32 AM | #117
Looking forward to the 1.3 updates and theories. I just logged on my shadow for the first time in a while.
I've got about 5 bm pieces, and still find the class doing very well in pvp. Very much missing the procs on my trinks...
And missing the set bonus from my crafted augmented bm slot gear.,

Question is , what is the optimal gear setup ? For example , before you took 2 surv bm pieces to get the set bonus , an the rest stalker, ... Is that still the case?

Thanks. And again glad to see post still rolling.

Despotus
07.04.2012 , 02:01 PM | #118
Very cool guide, i learned some new things and thank you for the effort you put into this for us. I did want to mention though that all the skill tree links are out of date and do not display properly, might want to check it.

AelixVII
07.08.2012 , 05:20 AM | #119
Is it just me or does the PVE Balance spec in the OP look like someone's edited it and not finished?

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#601MMZhZMM.2

Can one be remade and edited into the first post?

Tkara
07.10.2012 , 08:51 AM | #120
Quote: Originally Posted by AelixVII View Post
Is it just me or does the PVE Balance spec in the OP look like someone's edited it and not finished?

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#601MMZhZMM.2

Can one be remade and edited into the first post?
Yeah, the skill trees are a mess.