Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Jedi Shadow Handbook v2.0

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
The Jedi Shadow Handbook v2.0

BroadStreetBully
05.01.2012 , 11:46 AM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by Zintair View Post
ABILITY OVERVIEW

Priority List:

1. Kinetic Ward (1 charge or about to expire)
2. Telekinetic Throw (3 stacks of Harnessed Shadows)
3. Spinning Strike (Target at 30% health or less)
4. Slow Time
5. Project (Particle Acceleration)
6. Force Breach (every CD)
7. Double Strike
8. Saber Strike (Conserving Force)

This priority list holds even single-target, as Slow Time and Force Breach have useful side effects, and Force in Balance is good damage for the FP cost.
Is this a typo? As a true Kinetic shadow you will never use Force in Balance. Is there a different ability you meant to put there?

Zintair
05.02.2012 , 03:22 PM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by BroadStreetBully View Post
Is this a typo? As a true Kinetic shadow you will never use Force in Balance. Is there a different ability you meant to put there?
Hmm it might have been left over from Astral's original guide that has updated quite some.

I fixed it though thanks.
Joriana Severblade - Jedi Guardian - Defense
Zintair Severblade - Jedi Shadow - Kinetic Combat
DYNAMITE GUILD

doppleprophet
05.05.2012 , 11:39 PM | #93
This guide is amazing. Lots of great insight. I got more from the crafting section than I got from a couple dozen "crafting guide" web pages. Thanks for putting it together and maintaining it.

Zintair
05.08.2012 , 09:55 AM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by doppleprophet View Post
This guide is amazing. Lots of great insight. I got more from the crafting section than I got from a couple dozen "crafting guide" web pages. Thanks for putting it together and maintaining it.
THanks, I wish the original author was still around to take credit. I still remember theorycrafting with Astral way back when.

Shout out to all the theory crafter Shadows / Assassins we've lost

Astral / Parthis / Philosmanic(still playing?) / Kitru / Power (still playing?)
DYNAMITE GUILD

Philosomanic
05.08.2012 , 03:34 PM | #95
Quote: Originally Posted by Zintair View Post
THanks, I wish the original author was still around to take credit. I still remember theorycrafting with Astral way back when.

Shout out to all the theory crafter Shadows / Assassins we've lost

Astral / Parthis / Philosmanic(still playing?) / Kitru / Power (still playing?)

Still playing, but my Shadow has been shelved. I realized that the reason I enjoyed Balance was the fact that it was (kind of) a melee/range hybrid. However, it's still pretty weak at range. I'm playing an Assault Vanguard now, and it fits my playstyle perfectly. I'm best in melee range, but I can still pull 70%-ish of my max DPS at 30m range.

Also, Trooper armor is a relief after wearing bathrobes :P
PvP Dacromir -- Vanguard -- Level 50 PvE
The Imp'Crusher Legacy
<Something Offensive>
The Bastion

Daggerhowl
05.09.2012 , 12:23 PM | #96
Even when Project is not useful in the rotation for "tank and spank" fights where sustained damage is needed, I've found it quite useful for some scenarios (that appear more frequently in PvE than what you would expect)

1) Dealing with CC'ed mobs too close: Force in balance AoE effect can break CC in mobs that are too close. My parses show that, starting my rotation with Project instead of Force in Balance, followed by Sever Force, Force Breach and then Double Strike when procs of Force Strike/Find Weakness are not up, my DPS in the duration of these specific fights (usually strong/elite trash that die quickly) is equivalent than the one that I could have output starting with Force in Balance in a mob in that health range, without the risk of breaking cc. Perhaps the explanation comes from the extra damage that having Twin Disciples up makes up for the boost in DoTs that Force in Balance provides.

2) Spike damage in key mobs: Fabricator Stun Droid Adds are strong mobs (silver), however, its stun effect can nullify Healers in key moments where the Tank needs to be taken care off. I've found that Project gives me the spike damage that I need to dispatch them quickly.

Just an idea, my Guild is just starting in HMs, and all these assessments were done with Columi gear in all slots but Implants and Earpice (Rakata) and Relic (Black Hole +Power relic)
Beh'irah - The Ianderis Legacy
Jedi Consular Shadow Infiltration
"Scepticism is as much the result of knowledge,
as knowledge is of scepticism"

Kframe
05.09.2012 , 06:22 PM | #97
I was reading the guide for the infiltration shadow and it mentions a light saber backstab, which skill is that? It says using your skills to set up a lightsaber backstab.

Daggerhowl
05.10.2012 , 07:31 AM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by Kframe View Post
I was reading the guide for the infiltration shadow and it mentions a light saber backstab, which skill is that? It says using your skills to set up a lightsaber backstab.
Shadow Strike has a behavior that resembles the "backstab" ability in other games where it appears. In order to be available you need to be behind the target.
Beh'irah - The Ianderis Legacy
Jedi Consular Shadow Infiltration
"Scepticism is as much the result of knowledge,
as knowledge is of scepticism"

Zintair
05.11.2012 , 10:24 AM | #99
Quote: Originally Posted by Philosomanic View Post
Still playing, but my Shadow has been shelved. I realized that the reason I enjoyed Balance was the fact that it was (kind of) a melee/range hybrid. However, it's still pretty weak at range. I'm playing an Assault Vanguard now, and it fits my playstyle perfectly. I'm best in melee range, but I can still pull 70%-ish of my max DPS at 30m range.

Also, Trooper armor is a relief after wearing bathrobes :P
I totally have a Vanguard coming up in levels as my official first 50 alt as well. The class is just so much fun and powerful.
DYNAMITE GUILD

AlexanderLeah
05.14.2012 , 11:59 AM | #100
Hi all, i'm new to the game and i'm rolling a jedi shadow, at the moment i'm at level 16 and i'm going down the inf route, its a good spec to levelling?
Also, i have choose the biochem craft, which adrenal is most usefull to make me a re usable one?