Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sith Marauder Companions

Thundergulch
03.26.2012 , 10:15 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Budizzle View Post
It's just so much easier and faster with dps companions.
This is misleading, yes the fights are over a little bit quicker if you use a dps companion, but if you use Quinn, you have no downtime between fights to heal up, so it's a trade off.

If you use Quinn, max out his gear with Cunning stats (top priority) and never look back, you'll be almost invincible.

Eternalnight
03.26.2012 , 11:11 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by skiibyrd View Post
And also, where can i find out what their primary/Secondary stats are, so I can buy gear that will benefit them best.
I don't even know how is it even possible to play this game without knowing what the primary stats are for your companions, or the type of gear they should use.

They are not naked when you first get them

jhflex
03.31.2012 , 09:53 AM | #13
I'm on board with most that say they use Jaesa and Quinn.

I've pretty much stuck with Jaesa since I got her and have been doing ok, gearing her as I go. The problem I found with Quinn is that, no matter how much I gear him with cunning, it's just never enough. What I mean is this: obviously having a companion healer is no where near as effective as having a live member of your group as healer. However, I would love to be able to have my companion be close. I was putting "cunning" gear on Quinny ol' boy at every opportunity but his heals were always just enough to keep me alive during a fight so that I ended up healing myself after each fight.

That's when I started using Jaesa. I figured: if I'm going to have to heal myself after each fight anyway, why not make the fights shorter? So far this has worked well. I'm a 36 Carnage. To make matters worse, I just got Broonmark and I can't decide how/if I'm going to try and use him now. From what I've been reading though, I haven't seen anyone say they LOVE using him.

Based on what a few people have said regarding endgame stuff, I haven't completely forgotten about gearing Quinn all together and have been doing so periodically. But it's Jaesa that I've found to be the best companion so far.

Hope the observations help some!
You tell them I'm coming. And hell's coming with me!

Koinneach
03.31.2012 , 10:14 AM | #14
I'm always using Jaesa since I got her, mainly for RP reasons. The only alternative would be Vette for me, as I never found Quinn much useful. As others have already mentioned, it's a trade-off. Quinn's healing enhances your survivability a little, but I didn't find it sufficient, as the damage is missing. The fights take longer, which in turn isn't fully compensated by the healing.

Jaesa is very useful, because she can hold out some time on her own, when my health is drained, so I can use Camo to retreat a little. Normal mobs are finished off quite fast, what I find more troubling is the lack of CC ablities against larger groups.

But I'm used to LotRO, where you never have a healer with you in solo play and the individual mobs are much tougher, so I'm not used to a rushing playstyle.

Zonixa
05.18.2013 , 01:48 PM | #15
I will only use Quinn, and even though I actually hate his whimpyness, he is great for a marauder. For those claiming Jaesa is great, that's total BS unless you have her maxed geared and even then she barely stays alive.
Who Dares Wins

Thundergulch
05.18.2013 , 04:05 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Zonixa View Post
I will only use Quinn, and even though I actually hate his whimpyness, he is great for a marauder. For those claiming Jaesa is great, that's total BS unless you have her maxed geared and even then she barely stays alive.
Before you call BS, you might want to use her correctly first, she is deadly.

Skakul
05.21.2013 , 06:59 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Thundergulch View Post
Before you call BS, you might want to use her correctly first, she is deadly.
She's not just deadly.

She's a blood-soaked butterfly, glowing in the light of Dusk.

*er-hem*
She also makes fights awesome, because there's nothing awesomer than two DPS walking into a room and everything just topples down from the incoming pain.

mulzii
05.31.2013 , 10:29 AM | #18
i tend to do quests 3-4 levels above my current level, so quinn is a godsend saving time between fights. This is for levelling though. In makeb, nothing beats sending in Jaesa to attack, having mobs surround her then leaping it for an epic lol smash that kills everything and can move to the next group.

lioneaglegriffin
06.02.2013 , 03:05 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Skakul View Post
She's not just deadly.

She's a blood-soaked butterfly, glowing in the light of Dusk.

*er-hem*
She also makes fights awesome, because there's nothing awesomer than two DPS walking into a room and everything just topples down from the incoming pain.
it is pretty awesome, she got beaten to within an inch of her life on taris, but once i got her some proper gear, .

I let her charge draw aggro, i charge the other side of the mob and we meet in the middle seconds later. I unsummon then summon and she's back at full health which solves the downtime issue.
(█████████████████████╠╬╪╪╬╣██████████████████████)

Thundergulch
06.03.2013 , 06:50 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by lioneaglegriffin View Post
I unsummon then summon and she's back at full health which solves the downtime issue.
You can also mount and unmount your speeder, and they will be full health.