Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Y u no nerf shadow?

Asphen
03.25.2012 , 03:35 AM | #1
I'm not sure the best place to post it, but it's about 1.2, so I think it is here.

The #1 thing I was looking forward to was a rebalancing of the Shadow / Assassin class. I'm bedazzled that it never came.

I'm really confused, so I'm asking: Why U no nerf Shadow?

StormDragonlord
03.25.2012 , 03:58 AM | #2
Because Consulars/Inquisitors are the most played class in their respective factions. They won't nerf them.

You should've read a post by someone from BW saying they keep nerfing Operatives because they have "solid" proof that people ragequit if they get killed by Ops in Warzones constantly while losing. Sacrificing game balance because they think people ragequit because they get killed by Ops
Server Transfers!

Asphen
03.25.2012 , 04:10 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by StormDragonlord View Post
Because Consulars/Inquisitors are the most played class in their respective factions. They won't nerf them.

You should've read a post by someone from BW saying they keep nerfing Operatives because they have "solid" proof that people ragequit if they get killed by Ops in Warzones constantly while losing. Sacrificing game balance because they think people ragequit because they get killed by Ops

People SHOULDN'T be stunlocked until dead. Different topic, and likely any number of solutions could exist, but people WILL quit a game if they are killed in a warzone without any chance to play back.

Can't Shadows hit you with a 2 second stun, then a 4 second stun (and you take 9% more damage from anyone that hits you while stunned)?

Why you no nerf Shadow?

Luochaz
03.25.2012 , 05:07 AM | #4
waitwut? u have probs with shadows.. are u kidding me lol

i'm a mara and i basically own nething but BH/Trooper, shadows die so fast from their armour its funny, same with operatives, they are a joke too

Shardie
03.25.2012 , 05:45 AM | #5
... Because developers like where Shadows are at the moment? Despite all the lovely toys they have, unless your kinetic their survivability sucks. And even if your kinetic...
The Caaru Legacy
Vennah - lvl 60 Shadow
Vassar - lvl 60 Gunslinger

Cempa
03.25.2012 , 06:07 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Luochaz View Post
waitwut? u have probs with shadows.. are u kidding me lol

i'm a mara and i basically own nething but BH/Trooper, shadows die so fast from their armour its funny, same with operatives, they are a joke too
You haven't met any who can actually play.

As a fully geared Marauder your biggest fear now on live should come from Concealment Operatives and Assassins -tanks in DPS gear or hybrids or even 31 middle tree.

Kaskali
03.25.2012 , 06:20 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Asphen View Post
Y u no nerf shadow?
I did not think it possible to construct a sentence with more mistakes than words. Impressive.

johnyangelo
03.25.2012 , 08:12 AM | #8
As a Sith assasin tank, I do believe that compare to other tanks in PvP we should get our dmg lowered somehow.

Xienive
03.25.2012 , 08:35 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by StormDragonlord View Post

Maybe you should visit the Sage/Sorc forum!
No disintegrations!
As you wish...

MithrilSoul
03.25.2012 , 08:52 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Asphen View Post
People SHOULDN'T be stunlocked until dead. Different topic, and likely any number of solutions could exist, but people WILL quit a game if they are killed in a warzone without any chance to play back.
Completely agree with that. Part of the problem is that currently the whole Resolve Bar just doesn't seem to work. I have a friend who plays a Sage and will have a FULL resolve bar and still the Imps will stunlock-stunlock-stunlock him nonstop. He's bugged it countless times but still no fix.

Quote:
Can't Shadows hit you with a 2 second stun, then a 4 second stun (and you take 9% more damage from anyone that hits you while stunned)?
1. Pretty sure every class gets at least one 2 second (or longer) stun of some sort, so nothing to see there. In fact I think the basic stun most classes get is FAR longer... trooper/BH as well as smuggler/IA early on get an 8s stun (flash grenade or its equivalent names). So actually the shadow/sin one is pretty weak I think in comparison.

2. The 4 second stun (Spinning Kick) is only usable while stealthed, which means it is effectively worthless as anything but an opener for any spec unless you are a tanking spec (which gets a talent to make it usable out of stealth in Tier 5 of the tanking tree). The 9% extra damage is from yet a different talent which is also Tier 5 of the tanking tree and requires an investment of 3 additional talent points. And honestly, most shadows I know don't spec into that talent because, quite frankly, there are much better uses for those 3 talent points elsewhere in the tree. Essentially it gives the tanking shadow/sin a little extra battlefield utility in order to make up for their substantial lack of damage as compared to a DPS class.

Why is this so unbalanced again?
Varwe, lvl 50 Mirialan Jedi Shadow tank
Chief Officer, Ring of Destiny
recruiting mature, semi-casual players of all classes on Jedi Covenant server
Honor ~ Loyalty ~ Respect