Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Favorite form

Slamuel
03.24.2012 , 11:31 AM | #1
I would like to know what your favorite lightsaber form is (not restricted to those of swtor).
If anyone says shi-cho, I will flip and beat them with my ataru.
Copy this signature if you believe Timothy Zahn should take over the EU.

BrandonSM
03.24.2012 , 11:37 AM | #2
Vapaad. Its a way of life.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

Captain_Zone
03.24.2012 , 11:39 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Slamuel View Post
I would like to know what your favorite lightsaber form is (not restricted to those of swtor).
If anyone says shi-cho, I will flip and beat them with my ataru.
If the game actually faithfully represented the forms in graphics for combat gameplay, I think it would be a LOT better. Personally, my favorites are both styles of Shien (which DESPERATELY needs to be Represented in the game) and the Dark Charge for Assassins.
. OPOD
The New Jedi Code: "Keep Calm & Carry a Lightsaber"

BrandonSM
03.24.2012 , 11:41 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
If the game actually faithfully represented the forms in graphics for combat gameplay, I think it would be a LOT better. Personally, my favorites are both styles of Shien (which DESPERATELY needs to be Represented in the game) and the Dark Charge for Assassins.
Shien is in the game.. not sure what you mean.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

ToEasy
03.24.2012 , 11:45 AM | #5
Soresu.
"Jedi do not fight for peace. That's only a slogan, and is as misleading as slogans always are. Jedi fight for civilization, because only civilization creates peace. We fight for justice because justice is the fundamental bedrock of civilization: an unjust civilization is built upon sand. It does not long survive a storm." - Mace Windu

Captain_Zone
03.24.2012 , 11:48 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonSM View Post
Shien is in the game.. not sure what you mean.
Not the actual fighting style. All fighting Forms in the game use the exact same animations, only changing based on class. Knight Shien is of course different than Warrior Shien. Just the fighting graphics animations. Seriously, when a Sith is in Shien form, the Saber needs to be reversed and behind the back. Force Unleashed is the perfect example.
. OPOD

shadowedwolf
03.24.2012 , 02:45 PM | #7
Trākata
The ability to turn one's lightsaber on and off in combat would be quite useful, paticuarly to those who duel wield or use a duel-bladed lightsabre, as the disappearing/reappearing blade could throw an opponent off...
"Evil will always triumph because good is dumb." ~ Dark Helmet

ErikModi
03.24.2012 , 04:01 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
Not the actual fighting style. All fighting Forms in the game use the exact same animations, only changing based on class. Knight Shien is of course different than Warrior Shien. Just the fighting graphics animations. Seriously, when a Sith is in Shien form, the Saber needs to be reversed and behind the back. Force Unleashed is the perfect example.
That's not actually a full part of the Shien Form, just a. . . subset, if you will.

Form V includes both Shien and Djem So (my personal favorite.) Both are offensive forms, but Shien grows out of the blaster defense basics of Shii-Cho and the improved defenses of Soresu to turn blocking a blaster bolt into an offensive action by redirecting it at its target. Djem So focuses on raw physical power.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Djem_So
Jedi vs. Sith, Page 97, column 2, paragraph 4, line 1:

Prior to the Battle of Ruusan, the Jedi used crystals from many different sources, and ignited lightsabers in every known hue, including purple, orange, and gold.

bionamaster
03.24.2012 , 04:47 PM | #9
Juyo, probably. It's the form I use in game (damage boost for the win) and it's great in lore too
Reminder: Mechanized posting is for non-trolling business only. Enjoy your stay.
Parrius, Level 55 Jedi Sentinel Parian, Level 20 Commando
Tremarr Legacy, CE Subbed since Launch, Shadowlands Server
For the Republic!

Captain_Zone
03.24.2012 , 05:59 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by ErikModi View Post
That's not actually a full part of the Shien Form, just a. . . subset, if you will.

Form V includes both Shien and Djem So (my personal favorite.) Both are offensive forms, but Shien grows out of the blaster defense basics of Shii-Cho and the improved defenses of Soresu to turn blocking a blaster bolt into an offensive action by redirecting it at its target. Djem So focuses on raw physical power.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Djem_So
I did specify the Sith version of Shien. It's the style that Vader taught Marek. High offensive capability but extremely difficult to master. It's the most artistic of the Sith forms, imo.
. OPOD