Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Class balance: Mobility, Interrupt, Knockback & OOC

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Class balance: Mobility, Interrupt, Knockback & OOC

Womacker's Avatar


Womacker
03.26.2012 , 06:23 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Dastey View Post
The thing with the rocket boots is that everyone will be getting it so it will pretty much cancel each other out. We don't know how it will work yet but try and imagine the following scenarios:

Sorcerer: Sprint + Rocket boost
Assassin: sprint + rocket boost
Juggernaut: Rocket boost + charge + intercede

A lot of classes will get some awesome combinations taking them far away (and even scoring in huttball) making this an unfair advantage and as a Mercenary we still don't have anything. We are already gimped by LoS but its not possible for us to get LoS ourselves due to low mobility.
We commandos feel ya too.....


Its funny to get an assassin down to 5% only to watch him spin around and launch out....

Im lying, its actually very painful

Technohic's Avatar


Technohic
03.26.2012 , 09:46 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Womacker View Post
We commandos feel ya too.....


Its funny to get an assassin down to 5% only to watch him spin around and launch out....

Im lying, its actually very painful
What do you mean by spin around and launch out?

Gerinth's Avatar


Gerinth
03.26.2012 , 12:53 PM | #13
Operatives have it better than what it looks like on there. They get two stuns. Their regular stun is on a shorter CD than everyone else's (45 seconds) plus they get an AOE stun that stuns for 8 seconds! Plus they can talent for a 2 second knockdown. Plus they get stealth and an in-combat stealth. Tons of utility for those guys.

Gerinth's Avatar


Gerinth
03.26.2012 , 12:58 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Herew View Post
Another TM turret that's QQing about being faceraped by the melee that know how to play?
Isn't the whole pyro tree based around mobility?
LOL...that tree doesn't offer a single thing on the OP's list. Sure it gives you a slow and a few more instant cast abilities for better kiting success. Unfortunately to get your instant cast resets you have to stand there and cast till it procs. Having played both AC's into the 30s I feel like that tree works better for the Powertechs / Vanguards who use ALL instant cast abilities.

EchoTwoOmega's Avatar


EchoTwoOmega
03.26.2012 , 02:11 PM | #15
your analysis is flawed,

no accounting for stuns.
no accounting for CC.
no accounting for healing.
etc
etc
etc.
Squadron 367

Dastey's Avatar


Dastey
03.26.2012 , 04:15 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by EchoTwoOmega View Post
your analysis is flawed,

no accounting for stuns.
no accounting for CC.
no accounting for healing.
etc
etc
etc.
What has mobility, interrupts, utility, knockback and OOC to do with healing?
As for stuns every class has a 4 second stun I believe so no difference there. Then ofcourse some classes has more than 1 stun but mercenary isnt 1 of them.
As for CC I believe that all classes has a CC aswell so not really any difference there either.

Its funny that I havent seen a single valid argument against mercenaries getting some mobility. Yet I don't think it will ever happen because Bioware seems to ignorant to see what is going on in their own game

EchoTwoOmega's Avatar


EchoTwoOmega
03.26.2012 , 11:04 PM | #17
Jedi guardians and Sith Juggernaughts have no CC ability.
-They only get a stun by taking the talent in the "tank" tree.
-The force stasis/choke is a channeled "stun" however you cant do anything else during the channeling. (Unless you take the talent that lets you fire and forget)
-They have no ability that lets them dump/reduce agro.

Not all Classes get a taunt ability. Taunt forces the target to attack you in PVE. But in PVP it reduced the damge delt to other targets by 30% for 6 seconds.


Yet again, your argument is without merrit. You are not accounting for ALL the abilities that each clas brings to the table. You are only selecting a few specific abilities to make it look like the mercenary gets the short end of the stick on mobility, interupts, knockbacks etc.


I have a 50 mercenary. I have no issues in PVE or PVP due to "lack of mobility"
-rapid shots can be used on the move.
-Rail shot can be used on the move.
-Explosive dart can be used on the move.
-Thermal detonator can be used on the move.
-incendiary missile can be used on the move.
-Thermal sensor override reduced the heat cost of an ability to 0.
-Power surge make an ability INSTANT.

ALL of it can be use while moving.
So I guess you should put that check mark in the mobility coulmn afterall.

Knockback and stun work as an interupts in most instances and certainly in PVP. So I guess mercenaries are OK there too. Another checkmark in the interupt column.

I wonder. Have you even played a mercenary?
Why dont you try a lightning speced sorcerer and THEN come back here and talk about lack of mobility.
Squadron 367

Dastey's Avatar


Dastey
03.27.2012 , 04:41 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by EchoTwoOmega View Post
I have a 50 mercenary. I have no issues in PVE or PVP due to "lack of mobility"
-rapid shots can be used on the move.
-Rail shot can be used on the move.
-Explosive dart can be used on the move.
-Thermal detonator can be used on the move.
-incendiary missile can be used on the move.
-Thermal sensor override reduced the heat cost of an ability to 0.
-Power surge make an ability INSTANT.

ALL of it can be use while moving.
So I guess you should put that check mark in the mobility coulmn afterall.
Once again a guy with no clue. How does moving get me away from a melee or ranged DPS shooting on me? Thats right it doesnt. While I can shoot those things while moving it doesnt change the fact that I can't get away from them because the class has absolutely no mobility.
Approximately 40% of our damage is from Tracer missile = Stand still and shoot
35% is Unload = Stand still and shoot
The last 25% are Rail Shot and Heatseeker missile are the last 25%
This make 25% of our damage which on top has 15 sec cooldown each useable while moving, then we have to go spam Rapid shot that does little to no damage and get deflected by any tank class.

So yes before you come and say that Mercenaries has awesome mobility maybe you should go try and play it yourself because you obviously cant be playing this game at a high level when you think this is how it works.

Casa's Avatar


Casa
03.27.2012 , 10:41 AM | #19
As a Pyro PT there are 4 things I look for in a target, flying rocks/lighting/tm/gr, If you have one of these things I will do my best to shut you down. Even with the OP'ed speck according to BW, it takes all of my attention and the only reason I can be effective is because of their lack of mobility. It is your weakness and without it something else has to be taken from you. So the real question is what are you willing to give up to get this?

I do agree mobility is key in PvP that is why I didn't pick a AC that didn't have it.

On a side note, was in a Huttball with three Commando's covering each other and they owned the game. Point: Get a couple of friends and have some laffs. Who needs mobilty when you can just kill everyone who gets near you.