Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Large Latency Issue

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

NecrosisZombie
03.24.2012 , 07:51 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Rangerscram View Post
They need to realize that the latency issue is most likely on their end, it is NOT Isp issues! my computer after the patch runs still super fast no latency issues, still cruises around the game like flying colors, however my son's computer on the other hand runs so slow *now* after this last patch that he can't even move....he had no issues before this patch, if it were Isp issues would I not be having some similar issues as he would?
Perfectly put cause I am having the same issues one computer is effected and one is not. Its not an ISP issue they just like to point blame at others instead of seeing that they have a serious problem which is typical EA right there. Consider my sub. cancelled I refuse to pay for something that does not work.

Fordring
03.24.2012 , 07:53 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by NecrosisZombie View Post
Well as we can see Kindajenin is of no help and just leads you in circles instead of realizing that the latest patch has caused issues with some players.
Thats what happens when Customer Service is running of a "how to" list instead of being qualified in the area. "Contact your ISP" lol's and tell them what? You're internet was working fine until you patched a game and now somehow your ISP is at fault? Take responsibility for the fact it is something the patch has done and look at finding the solution for us. Passing the buck off to a random ISP is pathetic and an embarrassment to customer service. Sorry for being critical, im sure you are trying your best

Anyway to be OT, i'm having the same issues since the patch. Sometimes the login screen wont show servers for a minute or two, and when im in game i will spike around. My usual ping is 150-200 which is normal and then after about a 10-20second period it will plummet to 7-8k.

It's not really all that playable but for the fact the server still acknowledges your commands, so if you are experience with your character you can kill the mobs without too much hinderance. Still I wouldn't continue to pay for such a game if the problem persists.

Onyx
03.24.2012 , 07:59 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Rangerscram View Post
They need to realize that the latency issue is most likely on their end, it is NOT Isp issues! my computer after the patch runs still super fast no latency issues, still cruises around the game like flying colors, however my son's computer on the other hand runs so slow *now* after this last patch that he can't even move....he had no issues before this patch, if it were Isp issues would I not be having some similar issues as he would?
No one said that everyone's issue is the same.

Nor do I believe that anyone's said that all latency issues are the fault of local ISPs (I know I certainly haven't and many times have pointed to problems that are NOT at the ISPs end or on the local network).

Without seeing diagnostics from your's and your son's computers, I can't remark on whether the issue you are seeing is local, at the server end, or at any of the many spots in between.

The OP HAS an issue that is indicated. It may or may not be the only problem--there may be more. You don't have to like that fact. You don't have to agree with that fact. But it doesn't change that fact.

Clogging up threads where there is evidence of an issue with meaningless side-remarks isn't really helping anyone--and in this instance it is certainly not helping the OP.
Star Wars fan for life
C C X X:
1st Special Forces Group
S . A . N . C . T . U . M . . . O . F . . . T . H . E . . . E . X . A . L . T . E . D
SWG: 2003 thru 12.15.2011 . . . . . Kettemoor ~ Starsider

Rangerscram
03.24.2012 , 08:02 PM | #24
Also if you type in fps in forum search look how many people started a thread on fps/latency issues after this patch...Are you telling us that the majority of players Isp's took a crap on us at the same time? lol hardly an isp issue
In war there is no prize for the runner-up.

Onyx
03.24.2012 , 08:03 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Fordring View Post
Thats what happens when Customer Service is running of a "how to" list instead of being qualified in the area. "Contact your ISP" lol's and tell them what? You're internet was working fine until you patched a game and now somehow your ISP is at fault? Take responsibility for the fact it is something the patch has done and look at finding the solution for us. Passing the buck off to a random ISP is pathetic and an embarrassment to customer service. Sorry for being critical, im sure you are trying your best

Anyway to be OT, i'm having the same issues since the patch. Sometimes the login screen wont show servers for a minute or two, and when im in game i will spike around. My usual ping is 150-200 which is normal and then after about a 10-20second period it will plummet to 7-8k.

It's not really all that playable but for the fact the server still acknowledges your commands, so if you are experience with your character you can kill the mobs without too much hinderance. Still I wouldn't continue to pay for such a game if the problem persists.
Have you posted a trace to your server that's taken at the time you are experiencing high latency?

The login screen not displaying servers or refreshing information could be a different issue than high latency in-game--the login servers aren't in the same location as the game servers.
Star Wars fan for life
C C X X:
1st Special Forces Group
S . A . N . C . T . U . M . . . O . F . . . T . H . E . . . E . X . A . L . T . E . D

NecrosisZombie
03.24.2012 , 08:03 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Onyx View Post

Nor do I believe that anyone's said that all latency issues are the fault of local ISPs (I know I certainly haven't and many times have pointed to problems that are NOT at the ISPs end or on the local network).

Without seeing diagnostics from your's and your son's computers, I can't remark on whether the issue you are seeing is local, at the server end, or at any of the many spots in between.

The OP HAS an issue that is indicated. It may or may not be the only problem--there may be more. You don't have to like that fact. You don't have to agree with that fact. But it doesn't change that fact.

Clogging up threads where there is evidence of an issue with meaningless side-remarks isn't really helping anyone--and in this instance it is certainly not helping the OP.
I'm going to go with this person wasn't paying attention... after sending diagnostics to customer service they still turn it around and blame the ISP and have already concluded that the ISP is not the problem its whatever they patched and screwed up.

Rangerscram
03.24.2012 , 08:04 PM | #27

No this is true, they never stated that this is directly the issue but the so called fix or checks for these issues has *mostly* been based around checking connection issue. I would have to say considering how many threads that have been started on the fps/latency issue after this patch that it definitely has to be on their end.
In war there is no prize for the runner-up.

Onyx
03.24.2012 , 08:14 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by dmtvaroha View Post
I went through the connection help with no issues and repaired with the launcher utility. My connection to the Test Server is still very good, ranging from 45-60 ms, median about 50.

My connection to Fa'athra is still troublesome, 80-160 ms, median about 95.

I live in Indiana and only joined a West Coast-time server because of friends, but now they've left and I regret the latency. I will probably reroll on an East Coast-time server to see if the connection is better. I don't know though if all the servers are in one place with different time stamps, or if they're located in different cities.

Here's the tracert:

Spoiler
Your trace doesn't indicate any network-related issues. The time increases when your packets hop between Chicago and Santa Clara, but are still well within--even below--normal times.

As far as US server locations, the east coast servers are in a data center in Virginia and the west coast are in a data center in Santa Clara, CA.

Was the trace you posted done at a time that you were experiencing problems in-game?
Star Wars fan for life
C C X X:
1st Special Forces Group

Fordring
03.24.2012 , 08:16 PM | #29
Have you posted a trace to your server that's taken at the time you are experiencing high latency?

The login screen not displaying servers or refreshing information could be a different issue than high latency in-game--the login servers aren't in the same location as the game servers.
I laugh at what you write, because you write like you know whats going on.
You don't.

With a bit more reading comprehension you'ld understand that my criticism was a response to the reaction to another players issues not my own.

I am simply stating my own problem and a different issue that hasn't been mentioned. I'm not particularly bothered in diagnosis for my own issue.

Onyx
03.24.2012 , 08:18 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by NecrosisZombie View Post
I'm going to go with this person wasn't paying attention... after sending diagnostics to customer service they still turn it around and blame the ISP and have already concluded that the ISP is not the problem its whatever they patched and screwed up.
I messed up on who the OP was in that response--I had responded about the first one who posted a trace and assumed they were also the OP I realized after posting that that was not the case.

However I'm happy to look at any traces you have. They can rule out ISP issues just as well as they can indicate them. By the way, most of the ones I've seen do not indicate local issues.
Star Wars fan for life
C C X X:
1st Special Forces Group