Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Large Latency Issue

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

NecrosisZombie
03.23.2012 , 06:56 PM | #1
Since the update this morning when I bring up the game its so heavily laging that I can hardly move through the menus. When trying to play the game its impossible due to the lag being so bad.

dmtvaroha
03.23.2012 , 07:29 PM | #2
I've noticed a lot of lag spikes on Fa'athra as well since the latest patch (Mar 23, '12).

I was pinging at 85 pretty consistently, no matter what time of day. Since the patch I get lag spikes as high as 195ms every few minutes: from noon EDT to 930pm.

I was on the test server earlier and was happy at 45ms. I'd be happier with a rollback I think.

NecrosisZombie
03.23.2012 , 07:47 PM | #3
This is just one of many problems I have had since the game has come out. I even went out and bought a gaming laptop so that I could play this game when it came out. Seriously considering just cancelling my sub. to this game and finding another MMO without so many problems.

Tichondrus
03.23.2012 , 08:22 PM | #4
Same here , lag spikes after the Patch.

NecrosisZombie
03.23.2012 , 08:29 PM | #5
Created a ticket and still no answer. Cancelling my sub. till I hear something bad no need to pay for a game I can't play.

Sutii
03.23.2012 , 08:38 PM | #6 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello everyone,

I know you have probably already done some of the steps, however could I ask you to run through our Connection Issues thread and ensure that you have done each of them.

Could you also remove and re-add the Launcher (launcher.exe) and Client (swtor.exe) to communicate through your firewall.

Finally, you should try using the 'Repair' utility on the launcher. To do this please click on the button located in the bottom left hand corner of the launcher window after you have logged into it, but before you click 'Play'. This will open a settings menu where you will be able to find and click on the 'Repair' button.

Please let the repair function do its work. Although a message may imply that it downloads a considerable amount of data, this is not accurate as it will only download a small proportion of it in order to repair your existing files.

Please let us know how you get on.
Sutii | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Tichondrus
03.23.2012 , 08:55 PM | #7
Done the repair thing, continue with spikes.

i`ve noticed the issue since todays patch....

Waipahu
03.23.2012 , 09:43 PM | #8
i feel the blame here is the free weekend pass promotion. Ever since that started happening, all my latency issues have occured. Last month no problem. This month latency was up and down. Today, it's worse post patch. I've done all the connection steps and still the same. INFURIATING
The Quicker Picker Upper

Sutii
03.23.2012 , 09:57 PM | #9 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello everyone,

I would like to try and identify if any connectivity problems exist, with this in mind can I ask you to post your traceroute results here.

To do this please go through the following steps while experiencing lag issues:

1. When logged into SWTOR, press Alt+Tab together

2. Gather the IP information:
a. Press Windows Key + R, enter ‘cmd’ and press Enter (a Command Console window should appear)
b. Type the following into the Command Window that appears: netstat -n -p tcp -b | more
c. You will see a line like this one above [swtor.exe] :
i. TCP XXX.XX.XX.XX:***** YY.YYY.YYY.YY:***** ESTABLISHED ZZZZ [swtor.exe]
ii. The X is your local IP address.
iii. The Y is the address of the server you are connecting to.
iv. The 5 digit numbers, represented by *'s in both cases, indicate the port used.
v. The Z is the process id for SWTOR on your computer.
d. There will be two (or more) entries for the [swtor.exe] application;
e. There are currently two possible port ranges while the game is running:
12000-12999
20000-29999
3. In order to get the information from your connection, in the same command window, please type in:
a. tracert YY.YYY.YYY.YY > C:\tracert.txt
b. Using the IP address denoted above with YY.YYY.YYY.YY
Make sure that you perform the command without the appropriate port number that has been
found in Step 2.
c. A file will be created on your local drive (C:\) called tracert.txt which will contain the trace route information
d. Please wait while the command finishes (this can take several minutes).
Once you have returned to the command window, this signifies that the command is finished.

4. Please modify your tracert.txt file so that your IP address (entry number 1 in the list of IP addresses) is not visible and attach the tracert.txt to your reply for analysis.

Please note we are unable to support users with 3G internet connections or over-clocked systems.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Sutii | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

NecrosisZombie
03.23.2012 , 10:30 PM | #10
I have done all the steps I can do on my end. This was all caused by the last patch that was sent out and is just annoying.