Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Collectors Edition Missing Product Key

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Collectors Edition Missing Product Key

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JranZu
12.20.2011 , 02:31 PM | #501
Quote: Originally Posted by bear_toe View Post
...then i looked further... there's a second code? AND a second coupon?...
I decided I shouldn't say what I said... It wasn't rude -- but probably not the best thing to say right now. So I will just say Lucky You!

--------------

If you think you deserve some type of compensation for the trouble we have been having please reply to this post here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...077#post652077

TheSchma
12.20.2011 , 02:32 PM | #502
Just picked up my CE from Game Stop here in the United States and the key was in it. Wonder how many people here are saying that they never received it only to try and get a second one...
--The Schma--▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▩

JranZu
12.20.2011 , 02:34 PM | #503
Quote: Originally Posted by GamewizX View Post
So I'm still at work but my wife went to pick up my CE Pre-Order from our local Gamestop. The manager there REFUSED to let my wife open up the game in the store. She said that regardless of whether or not the code is in the box they WILL NOT exchange it for another box and we HAVE to take it and take it up with Bioware should there be any issue.

The manager reiterated that they are not responsible for the contents within the box, BioWare is responsible. And because of the limited number of Pre-Orders they can't swap out the faulty box for a different one in store because all the ones in store have already been reserved.

I don't know yet whether or not the code is in the box (wife isn't home yet she just called me) but I'm just giving a heads up for people about what a Gamestop manager was saying regarding this issue. She also said lots of people picking up their CEs have been voicing this same concern, luckily she hasn't had any returns yet today for any of the ones they've gotten in the store.
What the manager says makes sense -- I would have asked to be able to open it up in the store, not with the intent of returning it but so I could prove it.

I wish that I had known about all this BS earlier -- I would have video taped me opening the box, then I could show it to them (bioware/CS).

DarthMalachine
12.20.2011 , 02:36 PM | #504
Quote: Originally Posted by TheSchma View Post
Just picked up my CE from Game Stop here in the United States and the key was in it. Wonder how many people here are saying that they never received it only to try and get a second one...
And you're helping how? Good for you that you got your key but don't come here accusing people of lieing to get another key. All I want to do is get what I paid for and play the game.

bear_toe
12.20.2011 , 02:36 PM | #505
Quote: Originally Posted by JranZu View Post
I decided I shouldn't say what I said... It wasn't rude -- but probably not the best thing to say right now. So I will just say Lucky You!
it blows. i'm now just waiting for friends to let me know about the code issue on their CE edition. in the least, i'll save one person some grief from customer service.

GamewizX
12.20.2011 , 02:49 PM | #506
Quote: Originally Posted by JranZu View Post
What the manager says makes sense -- I would have asked to be able to open it up in the store, not with the intent of returning it but so I could prove it.

I wish that I had known about all this BS earlier -- I would have video taped me opening the box, then I could show it to them (bioware/CS).
What the manager said did make sense, I'll agree to that. But to refuse to let me wife open the box to confirm whether or not the code in there was rather ridiculous. Ah well, fingers crossed when I get home that I have a code waiting for me.
The Shadowlands -Ξ▒▓██ The Gamewiz Legacy ██▓▒Ξ- The Shadowlands
www.oldrepublicdads.com | Proud member of -=ORD=- | www.oldrepublicdads.com
Aaliyah - 50 Sage (TK) | Corthin - 50 Sentinel (CB) | Hartman - 35 Commando (GN)

iamfrozt
12.20.2011 , 02:51 PM | #507
Just received an update / response from Customer Service. It appears that they understand the issue, though my tickets included all this information already. I have just responded with all the pictures and requested info again. I'm also sitting on hold with customer service for about the last 40 minutes as well.

"Greetings,

I am Protocol Droid M0-T0 of Human-Cyborg relations,

Thank you for contacting us regarding the issue with the Product Registration Code.

If you have purchased a retail copy of Star Wars: The Old Republic and find the Product Registration Code missing or unreadable, we would like you to please send a scan of your proof of purchase (receipt) with your first and last name written on the receipt and attach it to the reply of this email. Please be aware that your name is clearly readable on the scan.

Please make sure that you use the following subject line in your reply “Product Code Proof”.

I would like to apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Sincerely,

Protocol Droid M0-T0 "
"Boom, crush. Night, losers. Winning, duh."

Mandaloriaan
12.20.2011 , 02:57 PM | #508
Wow they really read your complain mail..... NOT

i Sent them this mail:

Quote:
Hi,

I want to report my "Missing Product Key" like so many other people. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=37565

I ordered the game at www.12game.com as u can see in the first attachment 12game_Billing_info.png

I GOT the pre-order code and that is XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX and that works great and i must say i enjoying the game very much. (see attachment Pre-order-code.jpg) but after the pre-order time i can't play the game because my Product Key is missing!! and i can register my Collector's Edition.

1st report (ticket number 1154554)

the 3 CD numbers in my package are :

CD1 => EAExxxxxxxxx

CD2 => EAExxxxxxxxxx

CD3 => EAxxxxxxxxxx

u can see the CD's and the Metal DVD Box and the only 2 leaflet on Attachment DVDbox.jpg

The Barcode on the box is x 030942 xxxxxx => EAEXxxxxxxxxC

The Security key that was included had the activation code xx-xxxxxxx-x (see attachment SecurityKeyinfo.jpg )
and what do i get back ?? and pls stop playing protocol droids,... damn!!!!

Quote:
Greetings,

I am Protocol Droid M0-T0 of Human-Cyborg relations,

Thank you for contacting us regarding the issue with the Product Registration Code.

If you have purchased a retail copy of Star Wars: The Old Republic and find the Product Registration Code missing or unreadable, we would like you to please send a scan of your proof of purchase (receipt) with your first and last name written on the receipt and attach it to the reply of this email. Please be aware that your name is clearly readable on the scan.

Please make sure that you use the following subject line in your reply “Product Code Proof”.

I would like to apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Sincerely,

Protocol Droid M0-T0
Star Wars: The Old Republic Customer Service
come on,.. what did i just mailed u guys!!!!

ZedVernner
12.20.2011 , 02:59 PM | #509
To those receiving the error "The code has already been used." regardless of purchase through Amazon, Best Buy, GameStop, Origin, ect... Please visit this page.

https://account.swtor.com/user/codes

It may make you feel a little better knowing your Collectors Edition has been registered to your account.

~Zed
---

Xarya
12.20.2011 , 03:01 PM | #510
So should we now reticket the issue with Product Code Proof???? I have sent this 3-4 times already!!! *sigh*

And for the "scammer" comment - I have a BLANK PRODUCT CODE PAGE - a BIG PLAIN WHITE BOX with no CODE. I am not scamming I would not stoop so low and I am truly riled that you would accuse me of that.