Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Collectors Edition Missing Product Key

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Collectors Edition Missing Product Key

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Murlok
12.16.2011 , 07:04 PM | #21
Got my CE from Amazon today. You guys do know that the game code is in the inside of the cd case right? Anyways that's where it was for me. I don't know if I got a piece of paper or not.

Katsumic
12.16.2011 , 07:20 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Murlok View Post
Got my CE from Amazon today. You guys do know that the game code is in the inside of the cd case right? Anyways that's where it was for me. I don't know if I got a piece of paper or not.
Yes. There IS no slip or key in the dvd case.

Morphink
12.16.2011 , 07:28 PM | #23
I ordered from Amazon.com as well, I got the piece of paper, but there was no code printed on it, just a nice blank white box with the heading "Product Registration Code"... very disheartening.

Brex
12.16.2011 , 09:02 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by N5-L1 View Post
Greetings All,

Can you confirm what retailer you purchased the game from?
www.gamestop.com, for US.

Darth_Pyronius
12.16.2011 , 09:08 PM | #25
I had the same issue. Received my CE today from Gamestop in the US. Blank Product Registration Code. I am hoping my anger will give me focus.
Darth Pyronius

Katsumic
12.16.2011 , 09:16 PM | #26
Still waiting on replies from Amazon / Bioware support. I don't have high hopes, but I am not giving up until I receive what I paid for... at least i'm not the only one with the issue

DirkSteel
12.16.2011 , 09:22 PM | #27
I ordered mine in early july from Amazon.com and just got it today.

Had everything in it just fine, but it does seem like the code on mine is a bit faded.

I am wondering if there was a problem with the inking system that generated them...

Good luck folks I'm sure that bioware or your retailer will make good.

One thought were the CE's serialized at all? If so maybe we can track it to statue number or box serial....

Darth_Pyronius
12.16.2011 , 09:22 PM | #28
With the weekend and the pre-release being over on Monday, I am very pessimistic that I will continue to be able to play. The dark side is very strong with me right now. My wife ordered through Origin and received her code today via email. Lesson learned, I will never order from Gamestop again.
Darth Pyronius

Brex
12.16.2011 , 09:40 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Pyronius View Post
With the weekend and the pre-release being over on Monday, I am very pessimistic that I will continue to be able to play. The dark side is very strong with me right now. My wife ordered through Origin and received her code today via email. Lesson learned, I will never order from Gamestop again.
Sadly this isn't a Gamestop issue. This is a problem of "We'll put the packages together a few days be for we ship them to our retailers and thus to our customers and hope nothing goes wrong."

Think about it, no retailer puts the code in the box. It's done some where else long before the retailer gets it. My guess, is that in this case things were so rushed that either no PRC sheet was put in the boxes or PRC sheets were put in but with no codes.

The retailers in my opinion aren't responsible for missing a cd key code or other items from the package (assuming they didn't open it and take something out). In this case I would say it lies with the publisher as they are the ones ultimately responsible for the manufacturing and assembly of the package. So EA would be the guilty party here in my book.

In the case of a CE, what is the retailer going to do, they just sell the product not make or package it? They have limited quantities and probably none to do exchanges with, so where does that leave the customer?

Darth_Pyronius
12.16.2011 , 09:42 PM | #30
I agree Brex. I guess I am upset with the retailer simply because they have my money. But you are right, it was likely an isue at the printer. Either way they need to make good on it and I worry that will be a long road. I will probably have to buy another copy on Origin if I want to play come Tuesday.
Darth Pyronius