Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Collectors Edition Missing Product Key

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Collectors Edition Missing Product Key
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Warbreaker
12.17.2011 , 11:59 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by N2-H0 View Post
Hello everyone,

Thank you very much for your patience.
In order to best assist you, we ask that you please send a request in game ticket or an e-mail to support@swtor.com with the subject missing product key.

Please make sure you include as many details as possible and a list of the item missing, product code or anything else.
Make sure, you include missing product key in the subject please and in the message itself.
Please use the exact same subject as displayed; this is a very important point.

If you have already sent an in game ticket, please try to update the subject and the message, or if you cannot, please create another one.

Thank you for your patience.
I'll be taking care of this right now, so thank you very much for responding to this issue. Hopefully we'll get an update soon!
9/29/11 -- Betagate.
Never forget.

Warbreaker
12.18.2011 , 12:33 AM | #102

I've just managed to send out the email with all of the information that I've gathered and consolidated in this thread. Hopefully it's not too much and hopefully this will help resolve the issue.

Will update everyone later if this does indeed resolve the issue or not.
9/29/11 -- Betagate.
Never forget.

Artemys
12.18.2011 , 01:48 AM | #103
Just sent mine also I wonder how fast this will get resolved :/
Check out myYoutube Channel Swtor for Storyline and PvP Videos!
Lexi'belle | Artemys | Marce
Sorcerer| Operative | Juggernaut
Free Character Transfer

StefanInter
12.18.2011 , 04:07 AM | #104
Goodluck guys.

My CE is on the way from amazon and this has me really worried. Hopefully I get lucky.
SWTOR

Katsumic
12.18.2011 , 07:22 AM | #105
No response yet, and my ticket in-game disappeared (It was marked as "locked" about 5mins after i submitted it, and this morning it's gone) but wanted to give this thread a bump so people see how they can get help with this.

Brex
12.18.2011 , 07:36 AM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by Katsumic View Post
No response yet, and my ticket in-game disappeared (It was marked as "locked" about 5mins after i submitted it, and this morning it's gone) but wanted to give this thread a bump so people see how they can get help with this.
I haven't even gotten an auto response yet. I submitted via email. Hopefully we'll get some more feedback today, but it is Sunday.

DarthMalachine
12.18.2011 , 09:35 AM | #107
Here is the email response I got when I followed the instructions a few pages back.

Greetings,

I am Protocol Droid T9-J2 of Human-Cyborg Relations...

I have received your transmission regarding your missing product key.

You will find the product key on the physical copy of your game. If you still have issues with your product key I suggest you contact you retailer about this.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again if there is anything further we can help you with.

Galactic Support is our specialty...

This was the reply from an email with the topic "missing product key" where I went on to explain how the physical copy of my game did not contain a product key.

iamfrozt
12.18.2011 , 09:52 AM | #108
I just submitted a request to customer support, but I received my Collector's Edition from Amazon and upon opening it I do not have my collector's edition key. It is nowhere to be found and I have looked in the cd-tin, the darth malgus box, and everywhere else...

Any clue on how to remedy this so I can register my product?
"Boom, crush. Night, losers. Winning, duh."

Brex
12.18.2011 , 10:19 AM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by iamfrozt View Post
I just submitted a request to customer support, but I received my Collector's Edition from Amazon and upon opening it I do not have my collector's edition key. It is nowhere to be found and I have looked in the cd-tin, the darth malgus box, and everywhere else...

Any clue on how to remedy this so I can register my product?
On page 10 of this thread one of the support staff asked us to submit a ticket with a specific subject. Look at it and follow that, till they give us something more.

But by the looks, of it (from the post above yours), it doesn't like they are communicating internally.

iamfrozt
12.18.2011 , 10:24 AM | #110
What a joke...honestly this has been the worst customer experience I have ever had with a product. I've had a complete lack of response from BioWare, cannot get through to their call centers, and Amazon is basically saying "Marketing will contact you in 24-48 hours"....

Why I spent >$150 for a pre-order collector's edition only to not receive what I paid for, and to then be told I'll maybe get a "response", but not necessarily a solution by launch day is entirely unacceptable....

Direct from my Amazon Support interaction:
--------------------------------
Me:Missing CD-Key registration code within game boxing. This appears to be a common issue with Amazon Collector's edition pre-order individuals. I have a ticket opened with BioWare, but they are reporting we need to contact the vendor we purchased through.

Jaya Paul:Hello, my name is Paul. I'll be happy to help you today.

Me:Hi Paul

Jaya Paul:Jeremy are you referring to Star Wars: The Old Republic Collector's Bundle?

Me:Yes I am
I seem to be experiencing the problem that a number of other Amazon customers are
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=37565
we are being told to contact our purchase vendor because of the missing leaflets and lack of product registration key in our Collector's Edition

Jaya Paul:Jeremy could you please hold on for a moment while I check this?

Me:Sure thign
thing

Jaya Paul:Jeremy here is the missing code: ************************

Me:Wow, thank you so much

Jaya Paul:You’re welcome. Is there anything else I can help you with today?

Me:Let me just put this in and make sure it works really quick

Jaya Paul:Okay Jeremy.

Me:That is not the code I am missing
that is the pre-order code
I am missing the actual game registration code
It is not in any of the packaging and the leaflet is missing from the product
which is mentioned for multiple amazon customers in these threads
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=25240

Jaya Paul:I'm sorry about this Jeremy.

Me:http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=37565

Jaya Paul:I'll need to transfer this issue to the marketing department and they'll get back to you soon with the code.

Me:Alright, is there any contact information I need to provide?

Jaya Paul:They'll send you an email Jeremy.
Is there anything else I can help you with today?

Me:I guess not, I just need to have resolved why I have a faulty product that appears to have things taken from the packaging that I received from Amazon
Since I cannot even use my product

Jaya Paul:I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused Jeremy.

Me:My cd-case in the product wasn't sealed

Jaya Paul:The marketing team will get back to you soon.

Me:so obviously someone got into it prior to shipment...

Jaya Paul:I'm so sorry to hear about the condition in which your item arrived. This usually doesn't happen.
Due to the inconvenience caused, I've issued a $10 promo to your account.
I understand that a promotional certificate cannot compensate for the inconvenience caused, please accept it as a goodwill gesture and apology.

Me:That's great and all, but right now I have $150 product that cannot be used. How long until I expect a response from Marketing?

Jaya Paul:The marketing team should get back to you with in 24-48 hours.

Me:I pre-ordered through amazon in order to take advantage of being able to use the product when it launches, and now I'm in a situation where I received a product that wasn't usable.

Jaya Paul:I can understand your disappointment Jeremy.

Me:So basically you are saying that paying a premium and ordering through Amazon has basically ruined my ability to participate in the launch of this product
I'll make sure that I voice the lack of support and the condition of amazon gaming products on Bioware forums, twitter, and other social media so that future customers are better informed
that they will not receive what they order
and will not have solutions that help to justify spending money to pre-order products via amazon

Jaya Paul:I understand your concern Jeremy and I'll make sure to pass on your feedback to the shipping team and as well to the Management and we hope to have a better shipping in the future.

Me:I appreciate your help

Jaya Paul:Thank you for contacting Amazon. Have a nice day.
"Boom, crush. Night, losers. Winning, duh."