Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Chapter 2 or 3 for class buff?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Chapter 2 or 3 for class buff?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Technohic
03.30.2012 , 07:51 AM | #41
lol I stopped playing my assassin at level 45 because I was having fun leveling my Sniper. Might have to put my sniper aside and finish the assassin. Those buffs are nice buffs.

Edit: oops! lol didn't realize that fight was the end of chapter 2. I am quite aways past that.

Tons_Of_Fun
04.12.2012 , 07:35 AM | #42
I can't believe the attitudes of some people. Moaning because they can't have all 4 buffs by default on their much-loved main.

May I just ask; why on earth should you be able to buy this ability with credits? Just because someone else has something that they put in the time to acquire does not mean you deserve it for yourself by default.

If you want all four buffs at once, get your a** to low level planets and play 3 other alts.

Sorry if i sound a little argumentative here but it really gets on my nerves when people expect things for no effort whatsoever.

hadoken
04.12.2012 , 07:53 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Tons_Of_Fun View Post
I can't believe the attitudes of some people. Moaning because they can't have all 4 buffs by default on their much-loved main.

May I just ask; why on earth should you be able to buy this ability with credits? Just because someone else has something that they put in the time to acquire does not mean you deserve it for yourself by default.

If you want all four buffs at once, get your a** to low level planets and play 3 other alts.

Sorry if i sound a little argumentative here but it really gets on my nerves when people expect things for no effort whatsoever.
A lot of the legacy stuff actually CAN be purchased with credits provided your legacy level is high enough. From what I've seen it's also a ton of credits which is typically also...time spent playing the game.

I fail to see your complaint here.

Froteus
04.12.2012 , 10:28 AM | #44
So.

Out of all the legacy stuff that is purchased with credits to bypass the other requirements, this is the one they decided to not let be purchased by my 10+ million credits I've saved in anticipation of this? I'm legacy level 41, social 9 almost 10, valor 67, full rakata tank and full BM gear.

Yet now I've got to level alts to continue to be level in pvp, even though I've put all this time into my main? I ant fully enjoy and play my main until I've leveled 3 alts just to be on the same damn footing as someone with altitis? How does this make any sense?

Sigh. Just prepurchased guild wars2 when I read rateds weren't in.
Can't come soon enough.

Tons_Of_Fun
04.12.2012 , 11:07 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by hadoken View Post
A lot of the legacy stuff actually CAN be purchased with credits provided your legacy level is high enough. From what I've seen it's also a ton of credits which is typically also...time spent playing the game.

I fail to see your complaint here.
Yea, granted you can already buy other stuff but a) that is also wrong and two wrongs don't make a right and b) that stuff is pretty crap and we are talking about the 4 buffs because it gives a nice advantage in pvp.

The high amount of credits you talk about is also moot imo because credit collection runs concurrently with your lvl-process/raiding/fun. You can't therefor say, 'oh well it costs alot of credits' because credits are easy to obtain.

I am complaining because people who put time into 1 character should be made to grind something to get something. You can't have something in life for nothing. They are already used to grinding instances for full rakata gear so why not grind a little with low-level alts? Shall i tell you why? Because they don't want to. They can't be bothered. They are not willing to put in any effort to get something they actually want. The only reason these kind of people even make the grind for full rakata is because they actually want to do that so that barely even counts as effort.

dunex
04.13.2012 , 07:15 AM | #46
I have dummy question .. I can't get it .. I have two characters lvl-up to 50. I did all class quests... and it says I have to finish chapter 3.
1. Where I can find quests for chapter 3?
2. How many characters I have to have and up to what level to get buff
3. Where I can see on what chapter I' am

Technohic
04.13.2012 , 07:25 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by dunex View Post
I have dummy question .. I can't get it .. I have two characters lvl-up to 50. I did all class quests... and it says I have to finish chapter 3.
1. Where I can find quests for chapter 3?
2. How many characters I have to have and up to what level to get buff
3. Where I can see on what chapter I' am
1. most end on corellia and it should be your class quests. Hitting 50 does not mean you finished until you play through all those quests; although you should get the buffs after finishing chapter 2

2. For the [B]BUFF[/Ba](emphaisis on just the buff, not the heroic moment ability) you just need 1 character who has that class buff to complete chapter 2. For the heroic moment (like lightning storm on non-inquisitor class) you need level 50

3. When you log in and it tells the recent part of your story, it says what chapter you are in.

That said, you are either missing something or not telling us something right or are bugged somehow.