Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Chapter 2 or 3 for class buff?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Chapter 2 or 3 for class buff?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

xsmspiffs
03.26.2012 , 10:47 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by VenaliterFA View Post
Isn't this is wrong, you'd only need 3 40's (or so. one of each class) to have all four buffs, provided you're not playing a duplicate class?
That is correct.

Kheldras
03.27.2012 , 12:11 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by WillWallace View Post
Clarification begins...now.

The class buff unlocks occur when a character finishes Chapter 2. At that point, that character's class buff is unlocked for all characters of his legacy.

Each class' buff applies all of your unlocked class buffs with a single click. It's not 4 buttons you have to keep on your quickbar. One click, all the buffs.

An example: I have an Imperial Agent that finishes Chapter 2. The Agent unlocks his class buff for my legacy. I now go log onto my level 1 Sith Inquisitor. When my Sith Inquisitor casts Mark of Power, it ALSO applies the effects of Coordination, since I have unlocked the Agent's buff.

Furthermore, to get the full set of buffs, you only need to unlock 4 classes. Unlocking the buff for Agent and Smuggler still only nets you a single buff effect, so you can't stack their +Crit bonuses together. (Because that might be a wee bit overpowered. Maybe.)

Clarification ends... now.
So, people have to play their Operative/Scoundrel only to Chapter 2 to replace this class fully for Operation/Rated PvP - Reasons, and get the Critbuff for their raidworthy class? Nice. You still have Raid Loot forOperative/Scoundrel?

Cause frankly i dont see a niche for those 2 advanced classes anymore.
...and thats the way the flatcake crumbles.

Draxxen
03.27.2012 , 12:47 AM | #23
Have you played this class?

Operative healers have gotten a nice little buff in 1.2. We are actually quite viable now, and have had our energy issues by and large eliminated with the PTS. It's a great time to be an op healer.
Operative Healer - Iron Citadel
Cali Killed Nox
Progression Based Raiding
Now Recruiting - Apply Today

selectah
03.27.2012 , 03:01 AM | #24
This pobably has been asked before (hopefully). But is it possible (i hope not) to stack mirror classes buffs. For example you have finished act 2 with a SW and finished act 2 on a JK and get both of the class buffs for any toons you play.

And another question is it possible for a Sith toon to get Jedi buffs and vice versa?

Amiable
03.27.2012 , 06:08 AM | #25
I will ask: will this work in warzones? If so its pretty much going to be a requirement for serious PvPer's to level a few alts...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
D'artagnan - Operative
Guildmaster - Sparkle Motion - Keller's Void

Fallerup
03.27.2012 , 06:22 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Amiable View Post
I will ask: will this work in warzones? If so its pretty much going to be a requirement for serious PvPer's to level a few alts...
it is stated in comments above that it does work in Warzones,so... yes, it does.
Gogata, Class: Shieldtech Powertech
Officer Of
The Darkness
Server: The Red Eclipse EU

DarthDemens
03.27.2012 , 11:17 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by selectah View Post
This pobably has been asked before (hopefully). But is it possible (i hope not) to stack mirror classes buffs. For example you have finished act 2 with a SW and finished act 2 on a JK and get both of the class buffs for any toons you play.

And another question is it possible for a Sith toon to get Jedi buffs and vice versa?
They do not stack cross-class, as mentioned in the DevPost.

They do apply cross-faction. If you have the Jedi Knight buff unlocked, then go play a Sith Inquisitor, the Inquisitor buff will also give you the Sith Warrior buff, since it is the Imperial version of the Knight's.
Oh, great . you live on in our hearts!
Comprehensive Guide to Space Missions

Phaedrynn
03.27.2012 , 02:48 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Qwurdilu View Post
Is it also bound to a specific lvl, or is it possible to be pulled trhough classquests by a lvl 50 friend until chapter2?
No, it is not.

The quest you get on the orbital station on Quesh has a level requirement. That quest (to get inoculated before going down to the planet) is required to use the shuttle to go to the surface.

In other words, if you are too low of a level to get the inoculation quest on the station you cannot go to the surface at all, and you cannot advance your class quest. Since Chapter finishes after Hoth, and Quesh is before Hoth, then you cannot be powerleveled thru the class quest. beyond Quesh.

Greyfeld
03.28.2012 , 02:09 AM | #29
Legacy: Homogenizing character classes, one alt at a time.
<FinalWave>

Kheldras
03.28.2012 , 02:14 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Draxxen View Post
Have you played this class?

Operative healers have gotten a nice little buff in 1.2. We are actually quite viable now, and have had our energy issues by and large eliminated with the PTS. It's a great time to be an op healer.
On both sides actually, Scrapper & Operative... and no i dont want to be forced to a heal role to be Raid/RankedPvP - worthy... had the same as WoW-Druid in classic, and dont care to do ever again.
...and thats the way the flatcake crumbles.