Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Chapter 2 or 3 for class buff?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Chapter 2 or 3 for class buff?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Qwurdilu
03.23.2012 , 11:43 AM | #1
Mr. Zoeller noted in an interview that you have to bring your character to chapter 2 in order to get the specific class buff avaible for other chars via legacy. Altough, on several pages it is stated you need to finish chapter 2 to unlock classbuff.
So, will you get the buff until reaching chapter 2, or after finishing it?
Will the buff work in pvp?

hadoken
03.23.2012 , 02:55 PM | #2
It is likely you will have to finish chapter 2, otherwise they would have said finish chapter 1 (as that is when you start chapter 2).

The buff modifies your current buff to include the new stats, if I recall. So it should work regardless of where you are.

Qwurdilu
03.23.2012 , 05:13 PM | #3
thats what everyone says, but in the interview on darthater i saw this:
Georg Zoeller: "The buffs are a separate thing that you get for bringing the class to Chapter 2"

(http://www.darthhater.com/articles/s...zoeller/page-2)

GeorgZoeller
03.23.2012 , 05:20 PM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Qwurdilu View Post
thats what everyone says, but in the interview on darthater i saw this:
Georg Zoeller: "The buffs are a separate thing that you get for bringing the class to Chapter 2"

(http://www.darthhater.com/articles/s...zoeller/page-2)
Honestly the Darth Hater interview was at the end of two long days, with me not even having a voice any more. It's possible that I said something wrong here. I'll ask William Wallace, the Designer responsible for Legacy, to clarify.

Qwurdilu
03.23.2012 , 06:36 PM | #5
didnt wanted to pin you down on a specific passage, i just wondered since theres different information around.
Im happy about any information so i know how far i have to lvl to get those buffs for pvp.
(even more happy if its just chapter 1 )

P.S.: THE william wallace? send him greetings, loved how he kicked asses in Braveheart

Joefjr
03.23.2012 , 06:50 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by hadoken View Post
It is likely you will have to finish chapter 2, otherwise they would have said finish chapter 1 (as that is when you start chapter 2).

The buff modifies your current buff to include the new stats, if I recall. So it should work regardless of where you are.
HOPE it works like that and i don't need to add 3 more skills to my crowded bars all ready.
PLEASE give us an option to make HK-55 Melee we NEED a melee droid we got plenty of range droids already!
(9 Patches and still not fixed)Veeroa Denz and Choza Raabat are Force users comps getting tech power.

WillWallace
03.23.2012 , 09:43 PM | #7 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post
Honestly the Darth Hater interview was at the end of two long days, with me not even having a voice any more. It's possible that I said something wrong here. I'll ask William Wallace, the Designer responsible for Legacy, to clarify.
Clarification begins...now.

The class buff unlocks occur when a character finishes Chapter 2. At that point, that character's class buff is unlocked for all characters of his legacy.

Each class' buff applies all of your unlocked class buffs with a single click. It's not 4 buttons you have to keep on your quickbar. One click, all the buffs.

An example: I have an Imperial Agent that finishes Chapter 2. The Agent unlocks his class buff for my legacy. I now go log onto my level 1 Sith Inquisitor. When my Sith Inquisitor casts Mark of Power, it ALSO applies the effects of Coordination, since I have unlocked the Agent's buff.

Furthermore, to get the full set of buffs, you only need to unlock 4 classes. Unlocking the buff for Agent and Smuggler still only nets you a single buff effect, so you can't stack their +Crit bonuses together. (Because that might be a wee bit overpowered. Maybe.)

Clarification ends... now.
William Wallace
Senior Designer

Red-Dwarf
03.24.2012 , 05:07 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Qwurdilu View Post

P.S.: THE william wallace? send him greetings, loved how he kicked asses in Braveheart
Actually William Wallace is the famous Darth Platypus. I once got an award from him for Guide Writing for providing insights into his awesome space mining system.

According to the legacy tooltip it requires completion of the chapter 2 quests to unlock the buff/emote (and chapter 3 for the heroic moment ability). I'll see if I can get an alt to the end of chapter 1 to see if it unlocks over the weekend.

GlassFin
03.24.2012 , 12:01 PM | #9
Currently on PTS - checked a minute ago - the Legacy screen says 'Requires completion of <class> chapter 2 class quests'. But that could of course change bevore 1.2 goes live.

davebushe
03.24.2012 , 01:44 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by GlassFin View Post
Currently on PTS - checked a minute ago - the Legacy screen says 'Requires completion of <class> chapter 2 class quests'. But that could of course change bevore 1.2 goes live.

Sad face.

I have, along with others I play with, rushed up some unloved alts to 32(ish) so we'd have buffs ready to be unlocked. My understanding from that interview and from the summit was that we simply had to complete chapter 1. I don't believe we are in the minority thinking that. I'll be quite disappointed to find out this info was wrong