Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Relics besides Matrix Cubes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Relics besides Matrix Cubes

CJAShadow
03.23.2012 , 10:33 AM | #1
The other day I finally got 6 Matrix Shards and thought "hurray time to get 2 Matrix Cubes and be overpowered" on my lowly character. I quickly found out that I can only make one of them at a time and the other shards are going to me a waste.

Oh well, though I wish I knew this sooner.

But now I am looking into trying to get other relics for me and my Companions. I have a few questions:

How are people getting Relics? Are they only item drops? Can you buy them?

Many relics have Alignment requirements, does that mean that I can't use them on my companions?

Thanks in advance! I am an avid reader of guides and looking up info, but I can't seem to find any on Relics.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lock- Master Zhar Lestin
Cyann- Harbinger

redfurry
03.23.2012 , 10:37 AM | #2
The easiest relics to get are the ones sold from the Light Side and Dark Side vendors. They start at level 20, Light/Dark Side I, and there are better ones that require higher level and alignment, up to level 50 and LS/DS V. They are quite cheap too. They give a nice amount of Endurance, and a boost to one secondary stat when used (similar to trinkets in WoW, if you're familiar with those).
There are also drops and crafted relics. For high levels I believe you can get them for commendations from dailies or PvP.

As far as I know, companions do not have relic slots - the customization slot is in its place.

CJAShadow
03.23.2012 , 11:09 AM | #3
Thanks a lot for the response, I'll go give the Fleet Vendors my money.

Or make someone on the GTN happy.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lock- Master Zhar Lestin
Cyann- Harbinger

Owsley
03.23.2012 , 11:26 AM | #4
FYI you use to be able to place the matrix cube in your cargo hold and craft a 2nd one. Not sure if they changed this or not.

BTW Relics are also loot from treasure hunting missions.