Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvP server selection should show Imperial-to-Rebel ratio

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
PvP server selection should show Imperial-to-Rebel ratio

Knott
12.13.2011 , 10:49 AM | #11
[QUOTE=Chubbysnowman;29363]I don't know if others feel the same way but I hate joining a PvP server blindly. Not knowing the ratio of Imperials to Rebels on a PvP server sucks. Reasons being:
  • Unbalanced Warzone queue times
  • One faction out numbers the other consistently in Open World PvP
  • Due to uneven ratio one side constantly dominates objectives, zones, etc.
  • The out numbered faction typically has to quest or participate in zones at odd times during the day to avoid constantly being out numbered which takes away from the fun of consistent Open World PvP

I want to be out numbered. That way I do not have to search all over to get my GANK on.

But like the OP suggested it would be nice to know the ratio before joining.

Kriegen
12.13.2011 , 10:52 AM | #12
Just remember, if your faction is outnumbered, your queue times will be minimal.
Only through conflict do we realize our true potential. Peace only leads to decay.
Revenants Of Korriban
PVP/US East/18+/Moderate

Aghar
12.13.2011 , 10:54 AM | #13
Most servers will be empire heavy out of the gate, though hopefully they will even out eventually (faction reroll, new players etc). So for right now assume empire has the bigger faction.

Drogynn
12.13.2011 , 10:58 AM | #14
Ahwell.. The goodguys are supposed to be outnumberd =)
It makes them more heroic when winning.

Cookie_monsta
12.13.2011 , 11:01 AM | #15
/Agree
[Dark Order of Caine]
Server: Prophecy of the Five - Empire PvP Guild
Dark Order of Caine is looking for like minded players to join our tight knit guild for some organized events.

Artoon
12.13.2011 , 11:03 AM | #16
I like the idea of 'one transfer in the lifetime of your character' idea. The question is whether the 'financial overlords' would allow that, or if it would cut too much into the zillions of dollars they could make charging for it.

Chubbysnowman
12.13.2011 , 11:03 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Knott View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Chubbysnowman View Post
I don't know if others feel the same way but I hate joining a PvP server blindly. Not knowing the ratio of Imperials to Rebels on a PvP server sucks. Reasons being:
  • Unbalanced Warzone queue times
  • One faction out numbers the other consistently in Open World PvP
  • Due to uneven ratio one side constantly dominates objectives, zones, etc.
  • The out numbered faction typically has to quest or participate in zones at odd times during the day to avoid constantly being out numbered which takes away from the fun of consistent Open World PvP

I want to be out numbered. That way I do not have to search all over to get my GANK on.

But like the OP suggested it would be nice to know the ratio before joining.
Don't get me wrong, I prefer being a little out numbered as well. But on the opposite spectrum, I would hate to have to spend a lot of time searching around for the enemy when the faction I play on out numbers the other. So just to reiterate, some kind of system that helps balance the servers would be nice.

I do understand it's the first day... I'm just making a suggestion for a possible future feature if other ppl see it useful.

Aghar
12.13.2011 , 11:25 AM | #18
also with huttball the unbalanced que times should not be a problem, you can que up and go up against your own faction.

Shane_cooper
12.13.2011 , 11:34 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Aghar View Post
what rebels? i see no rebels, well cept on balmora. Or do you mean republic?
There's always one of you, isn't there?
Live slow. Die eventually. Leave an indifferently attractive corpse.

Chubbysnowman
12.13.2011 , 12:12 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Aghar View Post
also with huttball the unbalanced que times should not be a problem, you can que up and go up against your own faction.
I definitely lean more towards World PvP so Huttball doesn't really help. Plus I doubt anyone wants to play just Huttball as their primary form of PvP.