Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Are Imperials brainwashed, mindless drones ?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Are Imperials brainwashed, mindless drones ?

Mirisido
03.23.2012 , 09:28 AM | #11
It's called duty. They don't have to be brainwashed technically, just believe that the Empire is the better choice for the galaxy than the Republic. They put up with psycho sith because they feel that if they take of the galaxy it will be better. It's completely just a point of view thing. As for the IAs. It's their duty to take the **** they do. But I mean, they are the not-so-secret police. It's and easy thing to flaunt over every non-sith. You just have to think of people raised in a society where you do NOT defy the upper class. Oh wait, that's happened on our planet and in our time as well.
Never Forget. 9/29/2011

Guildrum
03.23.2012 , 09:37 AM | #12
They are a totalitarian oligarchy/dictatorship/aristocracy (depends on how you define it) that focuses on power and strength, engages in racism, genocide and constant infighting regularly and offers not even the basic needs to many of their citizens, and are unable to keep control of planets they just conquered (Balmorra). If they didn't brainwash their people, or at least frighten them into submission, there'd be an open revolution at this point.
The Shaffer Legacy: Begeren Colony

Shaffer Lazy-eye Horace Sleth
Journalist, Pirate Bodyguard Sith

Captain_Zone
03.23.2012 , 11:53 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Aximand View Post
There's a reason the regular citizens are so subservient to the Sith.

As the estimable River Tam says, "I can kill you with my brain".
When I use Force Scream on my Juggy, I think "I can kill with a word..." - Paul Atreides. xD
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.