Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Question RE: 2.5m White Crystals

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Question RE: 2.5m White Crystals
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

SunwindIon
03.22.2012 , 08:19 PM | #1
They are 2.5mil and are +41 stats, are +41 stat crystals going to be the best for a long time? They may be "rare" because they are limited and very expensive, but they're no good for a raider if when 1.2 comes out there are better (other coloured) crystals available.

So, tl;dr is +41 still the best crystal for the forseeable future before I drop 5mil on a couple of them?

GeorgZoeller
03.22.2012 , 08:26 PM | #2 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey,

This is a valid question and I want to give you some answers so you have some certainty when planning your purchases.

It is our stated goal to decouple the choice of crystal color from the choice of stats in the game. To that end, with Game Update 1.2, you will find that there are endgame variations (+41) for all available crystal colors in the game (Reminder: white is no longer available in 1.2, it's available for a limited time at vendors only).

We have no intention of introducing a new tier of color crystals in the short or mid term future (e.g. 1.3, 1.4). I can't make any statements beyond that at this point, but this should give you planning certainty.

The same is true for augments - the current augments (Rating 22, Level 49) will be the top level augments for the forseeable future. It is a certainty that we will introduce a new tier of augments at some point in the future, but not for several months.

Hope this helps

Georg

Kaphik
03.22.2012 , 08:34 PM | #3
No, there will be other crystals with those stats, they just won't be white. I'd drop the five mill then save the crystals, and in six months sell them for twice what you paid for. Profit, dude.

SunwindIon
03.22.2012 , 08:38 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaphik View Post
No, there will be other crystals with those stats, they just won't be white. I'd drop the five mill then save the crystals, and in six months sell them for twice what you paid for. Profit, dude.
I already stuck one in my weapon, and spent 2mil on the Korrealis Baron, so i'm broke now. Do we have any idea when 1.2 is coming? I would like to get another for my offhand weapon but it will take a couple weeks of dailies to get 2.5mil again.

Majestic_Jazz
03.22.2012 , 08:58 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaphik View Post
You can't do that because they are Bind on Pickup, not Bind of Equip.
Want to enjoy a unique Star Wars story experience?

What are you waiting for? A galaxy awaits your arrival...

Ciry
03.23.2012 , 04:33 PM | #6
I have a related question. I understand and accept that things change with MMO's and what's good today may not be, a few months down the road. However, with these crystals being released just prior to 1.2 and specifically, the white 2.5M crystals, and the, under the hood changes to the DR of stats it would be nice to know if the stat we buy today will be the stat we want the morning of 1.2.

For example, I bought two power crystals because as of now, that is the best option for me being a full BM geared pyro. My concern is that when 1.2 hits, I'll want to have a different stat such as expertise.

This leaves me either hoping that power will still be the stat I want or buying two more white expertise crystals (dang duel wielding) at 2.5M a pop. I know it's probably a long shot, but any chance we could get the option for a one time stat exchange for 1.2 or some assurance that whatever is best for us now will still be best for us in 1.2?

TL;DR Can we get a one time stat exchange on white crystals when 1.2 goes live?

Kourage
03.23.2012 , 04:52 PM | #7
If all you care about is the stats, then buy the cheap purple crystals.
Looking for a good woman. Able to clean, cook, sew, catch bait, and clean fish. Must have boat and motor.
((Please send picture of boat and motor))

joeypesci
03.23.2012 , 09:11 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post
Hey,

This is a valid question and I want to give you some answers so you have some certainty when planning your purchases.

It is our stated goal to decouple the choice of crystal color from the choice of stats in the game. To that end, with Game Update 1.2, you will find that there are endgame variations (+41) for all available crystal colors in the game (Reminder: white is no longer available in 1.2, it's available for a limited time at vendors only).

We have no intention of introducing a new tier of color crystals in the short or mid term future (e.g. 1.3, 1.4). I can't make any statements beyond that at this point, but this should give you planning certainty.

The same is true for augments - the current augments (Rating 22, Level 49) will be the top level augments for the forseeable future. It is a certainty that we will introduce a new tier of augments at some point in the future, but not for several months.

Hope this helps

Georg
So all of us that can't afford the white crystal have no way of getting it after 1.2

Nice. Not.

valorumguygee
03.23.2012 , 09:19 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by joeypesci View Post
So all of us that can't afford the white crystal have no way of getting it after 1.2

Nice. Not.
It actually is very nice. Limited quantity items add a great sense of collection to the game. They've said that maybe way way way down the road they will bring them back bits at a time. This is for the people who work hard enough to earn something. They get no advantage over you if you choose not to spend the money for one, but they get to have something you don't. It's fair for everyone. Want something exclusive, work for it.
Search your feelings, you know it to be true
CHAMPIONS OF THE FORCE
The Best Damn Republic Guild

FourTwent
03.23.2012 , 09:53 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by SunwindIon View Post
I already stuck one in my weapon, and spent 2mil on the Korrealis Baron, so i'm broke now. Do we have any idea when 1.2 is coming? I would like to get another for my offhand weapon but it will take a couple weeks of dailies to get 2.5mil again.
Only thing they've said for 1.2 is 'early april'