Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?

MusedMoose
04.17.2012 , 08:29 PM | #501
Quote: Originally Posted by natashina View Post
Welcome to the Same-Gender Romance Arc (SGRA) Clarification Request thread!
Looks good! And so odd to see myself quoted in something like this, but thank you. Can I be really, really nitpicky and ask that you add a period after the final word in my quote, before the smiley? It's just one of those things for me, comes with being a writer. Eh heh heh...

But I think your work will help people who want to know about this. Will you be editing one of your posts on the first page to add it?

Edit: 51 pages in the fifth thread. This is easily the longest discussion I've ever been part of on the internet. Let's keep it going, y'all. Talk amongst ourselves, I'll give us a topic: if your characters and their companions could all interact, how do you think that would go? I can see my JK getting along well with Akaavi, as they're both warrior women of different folds. And my female BH would hit on Kira like whoa.

Lurkz
04.17.2012 , 08:45 PM | #502
Thanks for the FAQ, Natashina! Looks great.

Quote: Originally Posted by MusedMoose View Post
Looks good! And so odd to see myself quoted in something like this, but thank you. Can I be really, really nitpicky and ask that you add a period after the final word in my quote, before the smiley? It's just one of those things for me, comes with being a writer. Eh heh heh...

But I think your work will help people who want to know about this. Will you be editing one of your posts on the first page to add it?

Edit: 51 pages in the fifth thread. This is easily the longest discussion I've ever been part of on the internet. Let's keep it going, y'all. Talk amongst ourselves, I'll give us a topic: if your characters and their companions could all interact, how do you think that would go? I can see my JK getting along well with Akaavi, as they're both warrior women of different folds. And my female BH would hit on Kira like whoa.
Oh man... I think my JK would find Risha and Guss entertaining, respect the hell out of Akaavi, probably be somewhat more tolerant of Corso than my smuggler but still not be thrilled with his naivete, and Bowie would totally be her bro.

My smuggler would totally hook up with Doc for a one night stand , probably be somewhat unsure of what to think of Kira but eventually would like her, be rather indifferent toward T7 but find him cute overall, find Scourge very awesome and pick his brain for ways to steal from the Empire and Republic, and probably avoid Rusk for fear he'd try to arrest her but then mock him behind his back.

My other characters aren't quite as developed in my mind yet though I can definitely say my SW would actually respect Scourge for doing what he felt was best for the Empire (because that's essentially what her uncle did... the father of my smuggler and trooper) and she'd probably feel the same about Kira.
The Nightborn Legacy - Ebon Hawk - Aquillian Rangers
Captain Jaxx - Gunslinger || Caiden - Jedi Sentinel

...Holospectrum...

Zandilar
04.18.2012 , 12:00 AM | #503
Quote: Originally Posted by stuffystuffs View Post
Do you know where I could find any of these by chance?

I need them for...science!
I'll let you know if I find any. I haven't looked outside FF.net yet, but am planning to once my first wave of assignments are all submitted next week.

Honestly, I don't know. I didn't really interact with many of my companions, so I don't really have a feeling for them. All I know is I don't like Kaliyo much (she's just a Star Wars version of Jack from Mass Effect, without the redeeming qualities that Jack has - Jack in ME3 <3 ), Rania is a sweetie, and would probably get along with Nadia - if they were somehow able to put aside their allegiances for a short time. My JC, Myrmeen, would definitely like Jan'neria, my agent - but once again, they'd need to put aside their respective allegiances. My Juggy, Myren, being a "sith version" of Myrmeen (don't ask why she's a warrior and not an inquisitor, as I don't know), would probably get along with her too. All my characters are Lightside, and I think I had a full roster of level ~20 and higher characters, some I played more than others. And that's my Harbinger characters.

My Dalborra characters are mostly sitting at level 1 waiting for my BH, Cata'stro'phe to get to level 50 so they can be remade as Chiss (including a new Myrmeen and a new Jan'neria). Cata is CG in alignment, and is laid back and easy going... but really likes credits (I mean really!!). Unless someone's trying to step on her or get in the way of her bounties, she'd a friendly sort (though she doesn't look it, being all tall and Chiss and muscular and stern looking). My overarc-story for Dalborra is that all my characters are related somehow (sisters and cousins mostly). Cata likes both Mako (is a little in love with her, but feels strange about it because at other times she feels maternally towards her) and Gault, so far, and thinks Torian is worthy of befriending.

edit: Ooh, transfers are open for AsPac clients... so Jan'neria of Harbinger is about to move to Dalborra. So I might not need to wait for my BH to start my Chiss family!
Zandilar, an Australian, IN SPAAAAAAAACCCCEEEEE!!
Too many characters, most of them Chiss.

natashina
04.18.2012 , 09:39 AM | #504

Done and done! Sorry, I was pretty tired when I finished my final draft.

I finally got to start the romance with Corso on my smuggler. He's such a sweetie! He's shy and a little bumbling, but just awesome. I'd also be a fan of rerolling another sorc for Andronkis. I know he'd get along with Kit well. She could use a laugh and it's tough to find. He's my favorite LI so far. He even asked my sorc out for a drink! Wow, someone that dates in TOR? Weird. I also think my JK and Corso would really hit it off as well.

Edit: My smuggler would probably fall in love with Kira and Mako at first sight.

wotzaname
04.18.2012 , 09:09 PM | #505
Quote: Originally Posted by Zandilar View Post
edit: Ooh, transfers are open for AsPac clients... so Jan'neria of Harbinger is about to move to Dalborra. So I might not need to wait for my BH to start my Chiss family!
Might see ya round Dalborra. Cant wait to be on my home turf

OldVengeance
04.18.2012 , 09:21 PM | #506
At the moment I'm actually more curious about the minor npcs that characters get to flirt with and how it would affect this. Most one's that I've seen don't seem super noteworthy in that regard, really but Samara on Dromund Kaas seems to have the same kind of heavy flirtatious dialogue with both male and female agents but only male agents can actually flirt with her. I wouldn't usually think repeated dialogue means anything but in her case it stands out so much that it does make me wonder.

MusedMoose
04.18.2012 , 09:59 PM | #507
Quote: Originally Posted by OldVengeance View Post
At the moment I'm actually more curious about the minor npcs that characters get to flirt with and how it would affect this. Most one's that I've seen don't seem super noteworthy in that regard, really but Samara on Dromund Kaas seems to have the same kind of heavy flirtatious dialogue with both male and female agents but only male agents can actually flirt with her. I wouldn't usually think repeated dialogue means anything but in her case it stands out so much that it does make me wonder.
There is a different topic for same-gender flirts, but I'm definitely with you on this one. There are far, far fewer opportunities for female characters to flirt than males, so opening that up to same-gender stuff would be great.

Unfortunately, I don't think we've had any response from BioWare about same-sex flirting. Perhaps once the story patch is announced (the one with SGRs), we can ask about that in the Q&A and hopefully get an answer. I'd think that a patch so focused on story to have new relationships would have some massive dialogue additions as well.

lendarya
04.18.2012 , 10:03 PM | #508
Let's keep it going, y'all. Talk amongst ourselves, I'll give us a topic: if your characters and their companions could all interact, how do you think that would go?
I could see my trooper and my inquisitor getting along. Even though he is sith my inquisitor carries the same values as my trooper (or atleast as far as the empire allows) I think my Knight and Jorgen would hit it off well they are both very "by the book" lol

Crezelle
04.19.2012 , 12:46 AM | #509
if your characters and their companions could all interact, how do you think that would go?
be fun seeing torian getting all nervous asking my BH's parents ( femagent and vector) for thier blessing with his union with my bh.

kaleiyo, gault, lokin, and skadge would be fun to watch interact with each other. temple and mako would prolly hit it off and be all gal pals
Crezelle De'Chimera, of the Shadowlands
" Secret Agent Blue Booty, at your service. You Lead the way; I bring the kolto. "

natashina
04.19.2012 , 01:13 AM | #510
Ooh, that's another good one. I think Gault and my smuggler would also get along very well. They both can be amoral if needed, both of them crave adventure and a lot of credits.