Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?

sugarnails's Avatar


sugarnails
03.28.2012 , 08:02 AM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by natashina View Post

I prefered DS Jaesa and didn't think Quinn was a very good choice. I was thrilled and then sad that Pierce wasn't an option, especially after he hints at the end of the conversation that he "likes his new duties." I don't think anything negative about those that wish to pursue Quinn, that's the joy of a roleplaying game. I just don't understand it. I won't argue with the people that like him, but could you give me some reasons as to why you would like that companion for SGRs?
Quinn in general:
- I like that he's so uncomfortable about flirting. It's refreshing.
- I like that he's kinda dorky.
- I like his "unhealthy doting" and submissive behavior.

Quinn in relation to SGR:
- His "unhealthy doting" goes for warriors of both genders.


As for Pierce, I didn't like him at all. That said, I do wish he had been a (full fledged) romance option for those who do like him.

Captain_Zone's Avatar


Captain_Zone
03.28.2012 , 09:11 AM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by natashina View Post
Fair warning: DS Jaesa is bat guano crazy. To give you an idea, her combat lines include, "I'll taste your blood!" and "This is so much fun." This is a spoiler for the DS Jaesa storyline, so enter at your own risk.

Spoiler


Ah well, you know what they say about crazy women and straightjackets.




Hear hear! He really rubs me the wrong way, and I've thought about why. His devotion to Darth Slob and the results from that are part of it. Quinn has a very unhealthy way he dotes on my SW or anyone with enough power. I mean really unhealthy; you could do just about whatever you want to him and all he does is meekly reply, "Yes my Lord."

Spoiler


Other than Quinn's wonderbread personality, there seems to be some severe co-dependence issues. He isn't very well fleshed out imho and it reflects in way I roleplay my SW. Most people are tools to Kit and she doesn't care about the individual. Pierce, Vette, Broonmark, and Jaesa are all real to her. Quinn, on the other hand, she sees as nothing more than another useful tool she can use or dispose of as she pleases. My SW is more than just a little sociopathic. However, she can love and wants love. It's just not be found among her shipmates currently.

I don't think anything negative about those that wish to pursue Quinn. I just don't understand the appeal. I wouldn't argue with the people that like him, but could you give me some reasons as to why you would like that companion for SGRs? I'd like to get some perspective from other players.




I wish I had thought to strip Quinn before that scene. For whatever reason, even though Pierce was fully equipped, he still showed up in that scene in his undies. Ah, Pierce. My Tidus Pullo(sorry, reference to the TV show Rome), and the guy that seems tailor made for my DS SW.

As a roleplayer, if my bisexual SW doesn't have someone she likes,(and she doesn't see Quinn as even a remote choice) she'll probably start killing people at random. At this point she only kills who she feels she has to. Using D&D alignments as an example, my SW is Lawful Evil(Dark IV.) My(semi-retired) Sorc is completely nuts and is Chaotic Evil, making every DS choice for the Evilulz(no LS points at all.)


I prefered DS Jaesa and didn't think Quinn was a very good choice. I was thrilled when I got to have my alone time with Pierce. Then I was kinda sad that Pierce wasn't a LI option, especially after he hints at the end one of the conversations that he "likes his new duties."

Edit: I wanted to add that both my husband and myself felt like we missed a huge part of the story by rolling females. My husband's Imp character is a Dark V BH. He eventually pursued the romance arc with Torian to see that other side of the story. That and we both thought Torian was a total sweetie.
Yes, DS Jaesa IS a few nuts short of a Snickers bar. She's also a riot! Her first "one night stand" with a male SW is basically the same wording from the video I watched on youtube. She says in a REALLY hot sultry voice "I want you..." to the SW. When I saw that, my jaw dropped.

Yeah, Quinn is a complete dingleberry. lol

And with the Vowrawn thing, I was actually using Vette at the time, so both Quinn and Pierce were on the holocall and both were in their skivvies. I know the crew in skivvies during holocalls thing is a glitch, but in that case, it was weirdly appropriate and added some much needed, if unintentional comic relief.

Only time I used Quinn at all during my entire playthrough was against Baras at the very end of the class storyline. I fitted him out from the GTM on the Fleet. Then, being a Pureblood, I jackslapped him upside the head when the fight was over. Just for him being a complete suckup and brownnoser during the entire game.

Yes, I recommend Pureblood for EVERY class once Legacy goes live.
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

CatoSolo's Avatar


CatoSolo
03.28.2012 , 08:01 PM | #103
I honestly believe Quinn could be a very nice addition to SGRS. The perfect couple in any case. A sicopathic SW and a betrayer. Yep, that works.
One day, the Sing lagacy may be mine, my firat thought of a legacy name was skywalker, but I know how fast that will be taken

Innocentone's Avatar


Innocentone
03.29.2012 , 01:42 PM | #104
Wish they would give us an update on which companions are gonna be added to sgra. Having to daly talking to them even with max affection just to not miss out on the cut scenes.

Suaine's Avatar


Suaine
03.29.2012 , 01:58 PM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by Innocentone View Post
Wish they would give us an update on which companions are gonna be added to sgra. Having to daly talking to them even with max affection just to not miss out on the cut scenes.
I hate to break it to you, but we are very, very unlikely to hear anything more about which companions will get new romance options until they are ready to release the patch to the test server. Bioware pretty much never releases story spoilers if they can help it.
We have to create the future, or others will do it for us. We have to care for one another, because if we don't, who will?
~ Susan Ivanova, Anla-shok Na, space bisexual

Innocentone's Avatar


Innocentone
03.29.2012 , 02:04 PM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by Suaine View Post
I hate to break it to you, but we are very, very unlikely to hear anything more about which companions will get new romance options until they are ready to release the patch to the test server. Bioware pretty much never releases story spoilers if they can help it.
I'd rather know ahead of time . Just so I can finish the other conversations with the ones that aren't . Seeing how in the upcoming patch. You have to finish off all companion missions for that companion and cut scenes in order to get the buff unlocked.

Suaine's Avatar


Suaine
03.29.2012 , 03:02 PM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by Innocentone View Post
I'd rather know ahead of time . Just so I can finish the other conversations with the ones that aren't . Seeing how in the upcoming patch. You have to finish off all companion missions for that companion and cut scenes in order to get the buff unlocked.
I would like to know, too, but I wouldn't get my hopes up. They do not share this kind of information until release, never have as far as I can remember.

I get how frustrating that is. When it turns out there is no way to reset and no way to pick up a romance in the new content, but only through the original 0-10k affection conversations, then I'll have to reroll three of my characters. And if it turns out the companions I've grown attached to aren't romanceable, I'll probably abandon the characters altogether.

This feeling of characters beind temporary or unfinished, waiting for something, that's awful and I think we should actually be told what to expect. But I don't think it will happen.
We have to create the future, or others will do it for us. We have to care for one another, because if we don't, who will?
~ Susan Ivanova, Anla-shok Na, space bisexual

G-Girl's Avatar


G-Girl
03.29.2012 , 07:52 PM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by Akaela View Post
Everything is optional. The only time it isn't is if you click that option in a cut scene. I find male/female romance arcs make me feel ill, so i just don't get my companions affection to that level.
I feel the same way. I clicked one flirt option with Andronikos just to see what happened, and it made me feel very uncomfortable. Not doing that again. But giving me an option I might enjoy isn't going to take away any options already available.

I'd seriously love to pair up my evil, snarky sorcerer with someone like Kallyo. She's lovely.

But while we are leveling the playing field a bit in the direction of romance options, how about giving us girls a slightly greater choice in our options? Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't each class get exactly one female companion? That's not what I'd call a choice. Compare to two or three humanoid male companions, and one or two (male) alien/robot companions (not forgetting one of the robots is female).

So to sum up: more girls I can cuddle please.

Lurkz's Avatar


Lurkz
03.29.2012 , 07:54 PM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by G-Girl View Post
I feel the same way. I clicked one flirt option with Andronikos just to see what happened, and it made me feel very uncomfortable. Not doing that again. But giving me an option I might enjoy isn't going to take away any options already available.

I'd seriously love to pair up my evil, snarky sorcerer with someone like Kallyo. She's lovely.

But while we are leveling the playing field a bit in the direction of romance options, how about giving us girls a slightly greater choice in our options? Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't each class get exactly one female companion? That's not what I'd call a choice. Compare to two or three humanoid male companions, and one or two (male) alien/robot companions (not forgetting one of the robots is female).

So to sum up: more girls I can cuddle please.
Actually, there is at least one class that gets two females: the smuggler. And both of them are available as male romance options. Not that that will necessarily affect whether they are available for SGRAs but there it is.
The Nightborn Legacy - Ebon Hawk - Aquillian Rangers
Captain Jaxx - Gunslinger || Caiden - Jedi Sentinel

...Holospectrum...

G-Girl's Avatar


G-Girl
03.29.2012 , 08:33 PM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by Lurkz View Post
Actually, there is at least one class that gets two females: the smuggler. And both of them are available as male romance options. Not that that will necessarily affect whether they are available for SGRAs but there it is.
I sit corrected. Not tried smuggler yet and it's not obvious from the images available. It's a step in the right direction. And I do like that one of the robots is actually female. A shame none of the monsters are. You don't get female monsters much.