Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?

sparklecat
06.09.2012 , 07:29 AM | #991
So I've not been by, or played, for a few months now; can we be gay yet?

MusedMoose
06.09.2012 , 08:20 AM | #992
Quote: Originally Posted by Ohmygah View Post
@Mused: The comment about seeing Kira as bisexual because she's open-minded and unconventional is more or less what I was speaking of. It's a fairly common [i[belief[/i] that bisexual people are sexually open and abnormal in thinking. In reality I think you'd find plenty of bisexuals who are more or less average joes and janes, not particularly atypical in thought process or behavior. You'd also find plenty of "open minded" people who happen to only be interested in the opposite gender, despite not being "closed minded."
I'll also add that your wording makes it sound like sexuality is a choice rather than uncontrolled inclination, enough if you didn't intend so.
Hmm. I don't think I expressed my thoughts about Kira very well; looking back at what I wrote, I'm not sure if I even agree with myself. That's what I get for posting about a tricksy topic when I'm tired, I suppose. I'll just say I have no trouble seeing Kira as bisexual and leave it at that.

I do want to clarify a few things, though:

I did not, in any way, refer to bisexuality as "abnormal" or "atypical". Those are your words, not mine. When I referred to Kira as "unconventional", I was talking about her personality, not trying to define her sexuality. Also, I do not in any way think sexuality is a choice, and looking back on my post, I don't see how you got that from what I said. I believe I was pretty clear when I said this:
Quote: Originally Posted by MusedMoose View Post
This is one of those things that's really hard to tell. While sexuality is part of what makes people who they are, it's really only determined by itself - there's no other factor that determines a person's attractions. It's just part of who people are.
I really don't see how that, or anything else I said, would lead you to believe I thought sexuality was a conscious choice.
Quote: Originally Posted by sparklecat View Post
So I've not been by, or played, for a few months now; can we be gay yet?
Not yet, sadly enough. Patch 1.4 is a possibility, but there's been no confirmation.

Lent_San
06.09.2012 , 03:31 PM | #993
Quote: Originally Posted by Chaac View Post
See I favoured Corso for an SGRA from beta when I first played smuggler and he was the one companion I'd been really hoping for, but having recently got round to levelling my Bounty Hunter I'm now really really hoping they make Torian an SGR. He's so sweet an interesting and he offers to cook for me xD.
I bet Corso could cook up a nice wholesome meal as well. He just strikes me as the homely type.

Cassia
06.09.2012 , 04:55 PM | #994
Quote: Originally Posted by MusedMoose View Post
Not yet, sadly enough. Patch 1.4 is a possibility, but there's been no confirmation.
More than likely we will have to wait till they extend the class story arcs, or when they introduce more companions, until then gotta keep the discussion going.
Quote: Originally Posted by Drakos View Post
Most people see the ends as the only component of anything rather than the path necessary to get there. It's a curious phenomenon.

MusedMoose
06.09.2012 , 07:28 PM | #995
Quote: Originally Posted by Cassia View Post
More than likely we will have to wait till they extend the class story arcs, or when they introduce more companions, until then gotta keep the discussion going.
On the plus side, we learned at the guild summit that SGRs are coming with the story update. And what was mentioned in the E3 promotional video for this year? The story update. So it's coming! ...somewhen in the next six months.

But hey, I've enjoyed the game plenty for almost six months, I'm sure I'll keep liking it for at least the rest of the year.

Aurbere
06.09.2012 , 07:44 PM | #996
I think when they do create SGR's they need to create something in the character creation screen or something in the legacy system that will allow you to choose your sexual preference. Not only will this prevent flirt options from popping up with almost every npc you run into, but will also add an even greater rpg element to the game. If you create a new character, you can choose your preference as part of the creation process and that will allow companions and other npc's to be flirted with depending on your preference which will add greater variety to the game. This will also allow for greater character depth so your character can be a better representation so far. Of course extra dialogue will have to be made to come with the addition of SGR. That's how I see it being done. Someone's going to take this the wrong way. I can feel it...
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Zilrota
06.09.2012 , 07:59 PM | #997
Hello all,

As this thread has reached our limit for posts, we have gone ahead and recreated it so you may continue your discussion. We ask that you please review the guidelines as found in the 3rd post of the thread.

You can find the new thread here.

We will go ahead and close this thread now. Thank you.