Unrated War Hero gear now requires Battlemaster to trade in for purchase

Sweeet

I thought this warranted it's own thread for recognition. Should make a lot of BM's happy!

From Dulfy himself;

Many, including myself, thought it was a typo when it was mentioned in the patch notes that War Hero gear will require BM to trade in since it wasn't the case on the PTR vendors. The latest patch updated the vendors and they now require BM pieces to trade in for purchase in addition to the Ranked Warzone Commendations. This is for Unrated War Hero pieces.

Rated versions, like previously, still require you to trade in the Unrated version for non armor pieces, have a certain PvP rating and spend a bit more Ranked Warzone Commendations. Armor pieces (i..e those with set bonues are now empty with mod slots and no longer have a need to trade in unrated equivalent pieces - still need the extra ranked commendations and pvp rating though. See http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/emptyslots.jpg

SOURCE:

So now all you BM's have a head start on all the non BM's, congrats.

I know, right!

How horrible would it be if you had to rely on skill to beat people instead of a gear advantage for a little while!

oh, the horrors!

Everyone will end up having the same gear eventually. It just gives players who've spent the last couple of months putting the time in to get BM a head start. I don't see any harm in that, BM gear will be ridiculously easy to get anyway so it really is no biggie.

Edited by Sweeet

What if I like the look of BM gear, but I want the stats of War Hero gear? Now I can't simply buy the War Hero gear, rip out the mods, and put it in my BM gear, because I had to turn in my BM gear to get the War Hero gear. So now I have to buy two pieces of BM gear just so I can look like a BM with the stats of a War Hero?

slightly related; since the BM gear costs just over 1k (1075 for chest, 1175 for weapon), what will the WZC cap be?

Edit for the above;

9850 for the full set.

Edited by Kotlx

I know, right!

How horrible would it be if you had to rely on skill to beat people instead of a gear advantage for a little while!

oh, the horrors!

This is always the counter when someone wants gear progression, the entitlement brigade starts throwing their toys out of the pram because people are getting something in return for having got BM gear and put a more time into PvP than them.

I personally cannot wait for you lot to get you gear handed to you on a plate, I'll still mow through you like a hot knife through butter! Then what are you going to complain about? My title? It gives me powaz!!!!

Yes, sorry you have never had to work for anything in your life, 11 year olds are ruining gear progression.

lol, usually it's the people who work hard in real life that don't have time to grind in a COMPUTER GAME.