Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

DPS Shadow stats confusion

KuroshimaiHD
03.22.2012 , 03:36 PM | #1
Alright, I'm totally confused over which stats take priority for a dps shadow. I've heard will>power>surge, will>crit>surge, will>power>crit>surge, and it's frustrating trying to find a concrete answer. I'm level 46 right now, and I've been taking will>power>surge, is that correct? Should I continue doing that? I'm infil spec.

Also, I've been told that the dps shadow endgame gear is the stalker sets. They come with +accuracy, something I thought was of very low priority for a shadow. Am I supposed replace the +accuracy mods/enhancements with more suitable ones, or just keep the gear as it is? Or am I just being really dim?

SAMIELL
03.22.2012 , 05:02 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by KuroshimaiHD View Post
Also, I've been told that the dps shadow endgame gear is the stalker sets. They come with +accuracy, something I thought was of very low priority for a shadow. Am I supposed replace the +accuracy mods/enhancements with more suitable ones, or just keep the gear as it is? Or am I just being really dim?
Accuracy should be at 100%. This is important because of your procs you need by using clairvoyant strike or double strike. Anything more isn't necessary unless you're rolling in a pvp premade as the "tank killer".
Stats should go will>crit(until deminishing returns)>surge>power. I have surge at 74% and am swapping out any new surge to power. Works out really nice in combat.
Before thinking you're always depressed, see if you just surrounded by A-holes.

KuroshimaiHD
03.22.2012 , 05:14 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by SAMIELL View Post
Accuracy should be at 100%. This is important because of your procs you need by using clairvoyant strike or double strike. Anything more isn't necessary unless you're rolling in a pvp premade as the "tank killer".
Stats should go will>crit(until deminishing returns)>surge>power. I have surge at 74% and am swapping out any new surge to power. Works out really nice in combat.
I guess I'll need to start swapping out my power mods for crit ones, then. Thanks for the info.

michaelra
03.22.2012 , 05:33 PM | #4
On another thread I read yesterday, a few people suggested to go for Power than Critical Rating (because some of our skills/procs have improved the critical chance)

Confused now lol
Lyonnie (Tank | Jedi Shadow) | Lyon (DPS | Sniper) @Balmorra server

SAMIELL
03.22.2012 , 05:42 PM | #5
He's right about the proc crit. The sweet spot for your un-proc'd self buffed crit to be at is between 30 and 33%.
Before thinking you're always depressed, see if you just surrounded by A-holes.

Darkoath
06.10.2012 , 02:49 PM | #6
For PvE: Will > 100% accuracy > ~250 crit rating > ~250 surge > power.

You'll be switching mods in and out trying to get the best stat balance as you improve your gear. As you do so, you want to maximize your will and power without gimping your other stats. So what I do is try to find a combination that keeps my stats near the targets above, while letting me stack as much will and power as possible.

You want melee accuracy to be close to 100%, and no more. I feel it's ok to even be a little less, around 99%. This only affects Claivoyant Strike and Saber Strike. Everything else is a force attack and always hits. I'm currently running with 99% hit, and find that I pretty much never miss for an entire boss fight.

Get crit to between 250 and 300. More than that and the diminishing returns make it a waste of points. Same with Surge. And then stack as much power as possible. 250 is good as you gear up. In full Campaign I've got 300 crit and 300 surge. My power is about 550, and Will is about 1875 self-buffed. With stims it's close to 2k.

stephenalandavie
06.10.2012 , 05:56 PM | #7
What about a DPS tank? For PVP I have gone kinetic you see.

Xinika
06.10.2012 , 06:20 PM | #8
Power is your primary stat.
Power>WP>Surge>Crit.

Balance would require crit around 28-30%, but rest again hops into power. Accuracy is needed for all specs around 95-97% meelee or 105-107% force acc.
Assassin Representative
Aeonneta | Shinarika | Semjase
Guides - Videos - Action

Robpwnz
06.12.2012 , 12:08 PM | #9
Not doubting anyone's replies to this post. The way I handled gearing my dps infil shadow is going all power in the very beginning for that all out punch combo. This makes you useful in pvp because you can 1v1 with your relic, adrenal, force potency etc. Now that my gear is looking a lil better ill be balancing out power for higher crit. Taking crit to 30-31% unbuffed. Aug's probably WP. That way when your dps cooldowns arent up or if you couldn't pressure/kill your target, your normal CS CS project rotation is going to spike more with 35-36% crit. Just my playstyle maybe. I try and play smart w/o popping cooldowns until I absolutely have to. Accuracy im not rly all concerned with. Earpiece and maybe 2 other pieces will leave me at 95+ish?

TL: DR 35-36% crit buffed, then power. For infiltration

Spiili
06.14.2012 , 01:46 PM | #10
People make the mistake of prioritising stats. Don't, instead find reasonable levels.
Now we have four stats which effect our damage output.
Willpower
Critical Chance
Critical Multiplier (Surge)
Power

Two of which are effected by diminishing returns; Critical Chance and Surge
The levels of which these two stats start to see a significant diminishment is about;
Critical Hit - 30%
Surge - 75%
So ideally you want to make sure these two hit those values before you concentrate on other stats.
Once you have those two numbers, all you have to do, is stack as much willpower/power as you can, job's a gooden.!
Hayhá - Lethality/Engineering Hybrid Sniper
Lolzcatz - pr0smash