Unfortunately redundant

YoshiRaphElan

I am currently wearing orange (moddable, for newbies) heavy armor robes on my Knight. It's the simple robes all Knights and Masters wear in-game, and though I do love the look and think it represents a Jedi perfectly, I got new armor today that I thought was epic...only to find that it was green (unmoddable), and weaker than my orange armor. So why not make one set of gear? I get that this is for RP players, since they don't change clothes, but it is still somewhat unfortunate that every other armor in the game will never be as good as the one I have, and thus I won't be able to change robes unless I take an armor hit. After I beat the final boss and reach 50 I guess it won't matter, but...I mean, once you've made end-game, why even bother playing until new content is added?

There are going to be times when green gear is better than your orange for a particular set of levels. Straight up, you should change your armor rating every 5 levels, but really, you only need to do it every 10.

Personally, I wore mainly green/blue armor most of the way, because I didn't like the orange sets for the lower levels, as a Guardian I am supposed to be armor plated, not looking like Hugh Hefner on the way to the grotto. The loot armor was a lot better looking as far as plating until I got into about the late 30's ish and I started collecting the Elder Paragon set. Then I stuck with that till I hit 50 and picked up the Primeval Vindicator outfit, which for me looks perfect.

Edit: to correct a really unfortunate spelling error.

Edited by Greyshadow

Personally, I think you should roll with whatever armor set you like. If you are wearing orange and a green drops that you like the look of, you can always wear the green while doing your solo act and switch to your moded orange gear when you are in groups and you need the stats. My Guardian is at 43 now and flying towards 50 and I have only changed my oranges out 2 times. I have even passed on better orange gear that dropped for me in FP's because I like having a cape/hood rather than a robe/hood.

Just remember to keep your armoring mods up to date and keep your eye out for more orange gear that you like the look of for your toon.

Hope this helps ya :D