Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Step back from the edge please BW (Balance Cycles)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Step back from the edge please BW (Balance Cycles)

livewood
03.22.2012 , 03:14 PM | #1
You have made a great game I like it a lot but what is going to kill this game for me is balancing cycles.
After about 10 years of playing MMO's I think I can safely call myself a veteran of the genre and in most of these games there have been balance cycles of nerf>buff>nerf>buff etc.. These kill classes and builds which end up making people bitter and rage quit.

Please Do Not Balance Around PVP
Balancing to make the PVP crowd happy is bad the reason for this people who PVP are never happy.
If they get beat then it wasn't there fault it was because Chiropractor's Summon Magic Unicorn is op and there Octogenarian Grandma's Use Bus Ticket ability is under powered. So you nerf Summon Magic Unicorn which is the main ability in Chiropractor's rotation and the the main ability in the Cloud Fairy tree for Chiropractor and then buff Use Bus Ticket for Octogenarian Grandma. Now every Octogenarian Grandma shuts up because the are now top of the food chain while Chiropractor's struggle to get groups because no one wants them meanwhile Creepy School Janitors are still out in the cold hoping for one day when they will get there push mop ability fixed and they can tank again. (never going to happen no one has played them since patch 1.6)
Nerfing for PVP is nerfing for PVE because there is no disconect bettween the two. This is a hard trinity game if you nerf healing or tanking spec's in one field you nerf them in all.

Please Think of the children for the love of god someone please Think of the children! NO Don't Think of Them instead ignore them they don't know what they want and have very little idea what they are talking about. Fix what's broken & add new stuff but don't rebalance every patch, what I am really asking for here is have a clear Idea for what you want a class to be and leave it at that.

Creepy School Jaintor fo lyfe

DynamiCtagez
03.22.2012 , 04:13 PM | #2
True story

trevah
03.22.2012 , 06:39 PM | #3
/signed
You're not as right as you think you are.