Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So the deception assasin spec is working ok?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
So the deception assasin spec is working ok?

drduncan
03.27.2012 , 12:35 AM | #61
I have to say... darkness and KC are incredibly boring.

Deception plays basically just like my scoundrel...only I get more utility with a knockback and sprint and I'm not as dependent on my opener for my burst. The burst is actually better if you know what you're doing. There are lots of other advantages too...such as the 30m ranged stun and the "fake stun" low slash.

I normally don't post here, but this mess coming from some of you basically talking down to someone for not playing the spec you do is laughable. Aside from force pull and the other little dinky "toys" you get, I find darkness boring and cheesy. You're more an annoyance to the other team than anything else; but hey if its fun for you I'm not gonna berate you for liking it.

PVP is always about burst damage and control. Most of the bloat damage reported at the end of WZs for darkness is largely a result of aoe.

I feel I can safely predict that you will all see a massive resurgence of true burst specs when the combat log goes live and people see the actual damage per second potential on single targets.

*activates cloaking screen*

ZooMzy
04.19.2013 , 11:35 AM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by drduncan View Post
I feel I can safely predict that you will all see a massive resurgence of true burst specs when the combat log goes live and people see the actual damage per second potential on single targets.

*activates cloaking screen*
That's because everyone can get ridiculous crits for Mauls like it's nothing. They basically turned the Deception spec into the new Pyrotech, which honestly, the idea behind it is fine by me.

The only problem is that the Maul crit is way too powerful with that current spec. No other burst specs hit for that hard for so little effort, since all it really takes is a Low Slash/Maul combo to burst someone by more than a fair amount of their health bar. Nerf the damage of that one ability by moving that 6% buff into a different tree perhaps, and maybe things will be fair across the board instead of another "flavor of the month" spec -_-

Jayshames
04.19.2013 , 11:46 AM | #63
Making the maul proc'd by Low Slash and Spike should only deal 50% damage, sorted.

CBRGhostRider
04.19.2013 , 11:46 AM | #64
Holy thread necro!
Spoiler

Monterone
04.19.2013 , 03:26 PM | #65
Yeah, wow... I was gonna reply but then I saw that 3.26 is not this year but last!
Saminette
<DMG Ctrl> <Purple Cog>
Harbinger