Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So the deception assasin spec is working ok?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sith Inquisitor > Assassin
So the deception assasin spec is working ok?

trevy
03.23.2012 , 05:06 AM | #21
Atm deception is unbeatable in 1v1, but we kinda do have problems in a warzone cause of the constant zerg and short spawn time. Pick your targets carefully, and enjoy the game.
Trevy - Sith Assassin Rank 75
http://www.twitch.tv/infamotrevy
Movie Deception part 1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouKJe6P-1bI

PolakToma
03.23.2012 , 07:25 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by trevy View Post
Atm deception is unbeatable in 1v1, but we kinda do have problems in a warzone cause of the constant zerg and short spawn time. Pick your targets carefully, and enjoy the game.
What are you smoking? You are obviously under level 50 dont fight teams of BM geared people

toshman
03.23.2012 , 09:35 AM | #23
rofl....

oh lord you have no clue. any player that picks deception right now hasn't had their face melted by equally geared assn that is darkness.

there is absolutely NO WAY for deception to win against a darkness assn right now.

darkness is a fantastic tree and unattended you can wreck even more havok then deception can.

Krash_Destrutor
03.23.2012 , 09:50 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by toshman View Post
there is absolutely NO WAY for deception to win against a darkness assn right now.
Not true. I for one can beat a equally equipped darkness. It's not easy, but it's doable.

I agree darkness is stronger right now, but deception isn't the useless crap people think.
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me."

Anelyn
03.23.2012 , 10:14 AM | #25
LOL. You are most welcome to try my shadow as balance, I even give you opener from stealth while I stay unstealthed, if you take me under 60% hp before you die, you get a pro tag on your deception sin as well.

Astarica
03.23.2012 , 11:28 AM | #26
If having your back turned does not prevent you from hitting the enemy, I'm pretty sure Darkness can beat Deception even with the Darkness having his back exposed the entire time.

Darkness is probably too strong right now, though Deception is slightly weak (compared to the average DPS) due to nonexistent survivality.

The screenshot Upzie uploaded is a very good illustration of why Darkness is strong. The numbers aren't super impressive absolutely but if you look at them compared to rest of the team, it's incredibly high. You can get those numbers in virtually every game with minimal support, and if you're supported at all you can certainly do even better. Even if you've a top Marauder on the same team, he'd going to put up a similarly range in DPS, except he can't Guard and generally have less utility than you. You're always competitive for the top DPS spot while providing tremendous utility at the same time. It doens't guaranteed you'll win the game but it's about as an advantageous spot as you can possibly put yourself in.

People seem to assume that healing somehow fixes survivality. It does not. Healing in this game is weak overall. It is not possible to have a game with no deaths on your entire team even with good healers. Since you cannot prevent all deaths to begin with, the healers will tend to work on saving the guys who are the hardest to kill while still doing good DPS, because that's the guys they're most likely able to save. Put it this way, let's compare Deception to Marauder. Marauder seems to do slighlty more DPS and is harder to kill, and yet they still end up dying a lot in most games. Why would a healer have any reason to heal a Deception Assassin over a Marauder who is better in every way but still dies plenty of times? A death saved on a Marauder is by definition always more useful than a death saved on Deception, and it's going to be easier to save a death on a Marauder than a Deception too.

trevy
03.23.2012 , 11:39 AM | #27
Clearly you havent played much deception lately, yes ofcos darkness is a faceroll "i got 4 spells i'm using" newbie build which everyone can do. And ofcos darkness has more utilllity in team games. But still for 1v1's its a *********** blast... darkness makes me wanna slith my throat.

btw. this IS a personal preference
Trevy - Sith Assassin Rank 75
http://www.twitch.tv/infamotrevy
Movie Deception part 1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouKJe6P-1bI

upzie
03.23.2012 , 03:43 PM | #28
Clearly you havent played much deception lately, yes ofcos darkness is a faceroll "i got 4 spells i'm using" newbie build which everyone can do. And ofcos darkness has more utilllity in team games. But still for 1v1's its a *********** blast... darkness makes me wanna slith my throat.

btw. this IS a personal preference
ye cause deception got so many buttons ....

Your clearly missing the fact that no one says your bad cause your playing deception, ppl are saying your choosing to play a weak specc.

Its not like its harder to play deception than it is to play darkness, what a bunch of nonsens.
Upzie, Assassin | Disciples of Zdupz | Tomb of Freedon Nadd
I'm proberly better than you

Astarica
03.23.2012 , 11:28 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by upzie View Post
ye cause deception got so many buttons ....

Your clearly missing the fact that no one says your bad cause your playing deception, ppl are saying your choosing to play a weak specc.

Its not like its harder to play deception than it is to play darkness, what a bunch of nonsens.
The only reason Darkness is 'easier' is that when you can kill people using 3 buttons you can do stuff like forgetting you have CDs and just press 3 buttons. If you tried that with Deception you'll usually have your face rearranged very quickly. It doesn't mean Darkness can't use the same CDs, it's just they usually don't even have to bother with them at all. For example I almost never use Spike in Darkness unless it's against a Merc healer to deal with their bubble. It doesn't mean I can't use it but I have no reason to need it against any other class.

The basic Deception rotation is just VSX2, Shock, Maul/Discharge whenever applicable, which is not very different from a Darkness rotation of Wither/Shock/FL. Difference is that you also need every one of your cooldowns in Deception to put up a reasonable performance, while Darkness can do pretty well without them (but he can always use the same CDs if he wanted to).

Halofax
03.24.2012 , 07:26 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Astarica View Post
The only reason Darkness is 'easier' is that when you can kill people using 3 buttons you can do stuff like forgetting you have CDs and just press 3 buttons. If you tried that with Deception you'll usually have your face rearranged very quickly. It doesn't mean Darkness can't use the same CDs, it's just they usually don't even have to bother with them at all. For example I almost never use Spike in Darkness unless it's against a Merc healer to deal with their bubble. It doesn't mean I can't use it but I have no reason to need it against any other class.

The basic Deception rotation is just VSX2, Shock, Maul/Discharge whenever applicable, which is not very different from a Darkness rotation of Wither/Shock/FL. Difference is that you also need every one of your cooldowns in Deception to put up a reasonable performance, while Darkness can do pretty well without them (but he can always use the same CDs if he wanted to).
Voltaic Slash, Shock, Discharge.

Woot Deception is hard.