Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So the deception assasin spec is working ok?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
So the deception assasin spec is working ok?

Nwalmaer
03.22.2012 , 01:22 PM | #1
The deception assasin spec is a worthless tree. Anyone that says its fine, does not play against equally geared players. Our dps sucks. Voltic slash= weak shock=weak maul= stupid, you need to attack a target up 6 times to get exploit weakness to proc. Not to mention being force starved. Scoundrels and ops will kill you in 3 to 4 attacks plus heal themself in combat (ability heal), not to mention criting on average 4.5 to 5.4k. But I guess as others claim the deceptoin tree is fine? Come to Nadd's Sarcophagus and fight Grape , Paralle or Aijaiz. If the spec is as good as you say you should have a pretty equal shot at winning a fight with one of these guys (lol good luck).

Treisababe
03.22.2012 , 01:27 PM | #2
QQ much?

Laezerus
03.22.2012 , 01:41 PM | #3
I enjoy the spec. I'm guessing you don't. But the good news is BW has allowed us a choice of not only class but specialization as well. Meaning if you don't believe one class or spec is to your liking, you can always try a new spec or re-roll a different class. But thanks for the feedback on your experiences.
Saetun ~ Sith Assassin of Master Zhar Lestin

Astarica
03.22.2012 , 01:45 PM | #4
Deception isn't very strong but Operative is one of the matchup that is greatly in favor of Assassins in all specs since you still have Force Shroud, which is the Force/Tech killer.

usirfail
03.22.2012 , 01:56 PM | #5
deception is fine, sry you cant beat every class. i know the only time i can beat an op is when they are not on me. they hit us once for 4k and it sucks. but i hit the for 3K 3 times.

if you say our dps sucks as decption then im afraid your doing it all wrong. we die easy cus we do so much dmg.

XcuseMe
03.22.2012 , 02:54 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by usirfail View Post
deception is fine, sry you cant beat every class. i know the only time i can beat an op is when they are not on me. they hit us once for 4k and it sucks. but i hit the for 3K 3 times.

if you say our dps sucks as decption then im afraid your doing it all wrong. we die easy cus we do so much dmg.
We do have good damage, and if played correctly you should be able to keep up and possibly top the damage of any war-zone. However, I do feel there are some spec's that are currently in need of a nerf in damage output.

My current deception spec has a lot more survivability along with hitting very hard. How ever I do constantly debate switching to darkness when I see others (Darkness) putting out equivalent damage. I feel though that it could be just because they stay alive longer but put out less damage.

To really benefit from deception, get a pocket healer. Ops/Smug basically have their own pocket healer if spec'd right. As for the burst damage of the Ops/Smug, I hear a nerf is in the works for them.
SeeNoEvil
Assassin

Astarica
03.22.2012 , 03:06 PM | #7
Um, pocket healer isn't a way to make up for your spec sucking. I've seen people push close to 400K damage in Deception with a dedicated healer, except any two good DPS should be able to break 400K combined comfortably so you're coming out with a net negative DPS for the Deception + pocket healer compared to even just 2 random DPS. If a healer is healing a Deception Assassin, they're probably healing the wrong guy and costing their team the game if it's at all close. Deception is roughly average damage + nonexistent survivality, and since healing is weak in this game you can't afford to waste heals on just an average DPS with arguably the worst survivality in the game. You'd be far better off healing say a Marauder in every single case, and even Marauders die pretty often in this game.

Nwalmaer
03.22.2012 , 03:31 PM | #8
Pretty sure Im playing the class right. And if you are doing 400k in a warzone you are in a premade being gaurded with heals or playing against undergeared players. Assasins on average crit for no more than 3.5k, where as scoundrels and ops are hitting for 4.5k to 5.5k on average. I would like to know what servers you guys are on doing all this damage in deception spec.

usirfail
03.22.2012 , 04:31 PM | #9
I play on belgoths beacon.

yea we only hit for about 3.5k but we can control when we do it with recklessness. so when you shock for 3.5k then discharge for 3.5k immediately after, thats 7k damage. i pop reck when my target is about 70% cus then i know that they will be in assinate range and that has crited for as high as 4.5k for me on certain classes.

the best part is with pvp stalker gear you get 3 charges of reck so you could jus shock, discharge, shock, and assinate and get a kill 9/10 times.

Metajedi
03.22.2012 , 04:44 PM | #10
our damage is fine, I once beat down a sorceror whom I was stupid enough to let him get the heal node in void star he got it at 50% pretty much took him to 100 % but our damage is so good I still managed to beat him much to his embarrassment I would assume.

nothing wrong with the Deception/ Infilitration build as far as kills go. You may have trouble with some classes but all classes have counter points the problem with deception in pvp is that its never 1 on 1.

Deception is a tough break in objective based pvp. it kills people just fine...its surviving thats the problem. Once you break stealth you best kill your target fast and get out of there.

For this reason the best way to play this spec is to choose your targets wisely, make use of oppertunity, recognize that you hit like a truck but are made of wet paper towel. In my brief stint into infiltration ( ultimately I found that balance works better in pvp for me ) I survived by taking out weakened targets and healers.

voidstar was probably the worse WZ for this spec, and alderaan is probably the best
You will pay the price for your lack of vision!