Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How bout a DOT poison proc?

Laezerus
03.22.2012 , 01:01 PM | #1
As a Deception Assassin, I would really like to see the ability to apply/equip DOT poisons to our melee weapons. We have have to play virtually right on top of most mobs, have very low AC & a tendancy to pull aggro with no available threat transfer or dump. Give us the ability to craft through Biochem or purchase DOT poisons (or heal proc) which will help to balance out our lack of survivability as well help us generate damage without stomping on our tank's threat generation at the early stages of an encounter. Thoughts?
Saetun ~ Sith Assassin of Master Zhar Lestin

verfallen
03.22.2012 , 01:23 PM | #2
What about an Operative?

Assassin use the force, not tech. Also healing abilities do not make much sense since you are normally not supposed to be the one taking the hits. (give the tank the time to get 1-2 good hits on the target before starting to hammer the hard hitters. If you get huge crit, give a few sec of loving to the basic attack before resuming rotation)

in solo PvE your job is to hit the mob hard enough so khem doesn't die before the mob is dead or nearly.

As with any tank, you need to outfit him tough.

As far as PvP goes, you get a lot riding on that first damage burst.

After that, its using CC to finish the job quickly or proccing defensive cooldowns (you still have them, even if tank tree talent force shroud to be more efficient)

Basically, you get the tools to finish what remains of health on your target before he turns and finish what remains of yours.

Laezerus
03.22.2012 , 01:34 PM | #3
Thank you. I totally agree with your tutorial, but I'm a little past that part of the learning curve. I was more making a suggestion on something I'd like to see for deception, not describing any barriers I have with the class. The examples given are purely for a pro-poison proc for the sake of discussion.
Saetun ~ Sith Assassin of Master Zhar Lestin

Astarica
03.22.2012 , 01:47 PM | #4
The class is clearly designed so that dots belong to the Madness tree so there's really no reason to have a dot proc in Deception. It wouldn't fit and wouldn't do anything that Surging Charge proc didn't already do unless the point is to make sure other stealthers can't vanish.