Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Reconciling my character with my original pre launch RPing

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Reconciling my character with my original pre launch RPing

Darth_Solrac
03.22.2012 , 12:56 PM | #1
I didn't know the Sorc. started off a slave. I originally RP'd Solrac as a fallen Jedi Knight from a merchant turned politician family on Naboo.

I should dig up my old character bio post & change it? As I see no way to link those two.
Nobody expects the Sith Inquisition!
Guild: Imperial Army.
Darth (Markos) Solrac: LV 50, Dark Sith Sorcerer.
Draykos Solrac: LV 29, Dark grey Jedi Guardian.

Jenovan
03.22.2012 , 01:01 PM | #2
This might be better situated on the RP forum, but...

For people who RP in groups, it seems common to completely disregard the game's storyline. We can't ALL be the Grand Champion of the Great Hunt, or Darth So-and-So on the Council, or Barsen'thor. In our guild, at least, a lot of us have fairly detailed backgrounds for characters that have nothing to do with the class storylines.

Depends on what you want to DO with that RPing, really
Ebon Hawk * The Thirteenth Legion * RP/Social/Casual
Kjara | Avidior | Mizret | Ysmena
Forging Fortune * Aviditas

Guildrum
03.22.2012 , 01:03 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Jenovan View Post

For people who RP in groups, it seems common to completely disregard the game's storyline. We can't ALL be the Grand Champion of the Great Hunt, or Darth So-and-So on the Council, or Barsen'thor. In our guild, at least, a lot of us have fairly detailed backgrounds for characters that have nothing to do with the class storylines.

Pretty much. My Inquisitor was never a slave, he was a young man who happened to have force powers, but didn't actually make it to Korriban until his hair was greying.
The Shaffer Legacy: Begeren Colony

Shaffer Lazy-eye Horace Sleth
Journalist, Pirate Bodyguard Sith

Darth_Solrac
03.22.2012 , 01:06 PM | #4

Yea I prefer my Sorc's pre made storyline to SWTOR's slave ish. The rest of it works fine tho.
Nobody expects the Sith Inquisition!
Guild: Imperial Army.
Darth (Markos) Solrac: LV 50, Dark Sith Sorcerer.
Draykos Solrac: LV 29, Dark grey Jedi Guardian.

SWFTW
03.22.2012 , 04:05 PM | #5

Excellent point.

However...

The game, intentionally I believe, makes the background and eventual fate of your character rather vague. So instead of saying, my Inquisitor both were slaves, both went to the academy, both were apprenticed by Zash, and so on, we can simply say, we were both slaves who were freed and sent to Korriban and have risen to considerable stature in the Sith.
--Acolytes of Korriban--
--PvE/PvP/RP--