Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Medpacks... are you kidding me?!?!!?!?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Medpacks... are you kidding me?!?!!?!?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ezren
03.22.2012 , 10:42 AM | #41
PVP is might effect player made ones, however you should also note from today's patch, which is a nice buff PVP side :

PvP medpacs now have a 1.5-minute cooldown (down from 3)

*Now by saying this I am merely pointing out the patch notes, not advocating one way or the other, and I would appreciate no one attacking me because I pointed out the PVP medpack change. Thanks.

Pangscar
03.22.2012 , 10:43 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Blotter View Post
And let me just point out:

Every crafter other than Biochem is getting a big "buff" in terms of making their crafting more viable and useful, etc., in an effort to start up an economy.

In contrast, with THIS change, BW IS NOW NERFING THE HELL OUT OF DEMAND FOR BIOCHEM PRODUCTS. Nerfed hard.

As I've said before: the trifecta of 1.2 unsubbing...sorc healer who took biochem and ended up on a low pop server.
This change actually helps BioChems in the long run.

People will now see the worth in buying the higher end more expensive medpacs. BioChems will see that its now more worth their time to craft the higher end medpacs because demand will skyrocket for them. Before we just buy stacks of the cheapest ones because would use so many of them. Now that we can only use one per Boss Fight, will make more sense to buy the better quality and more expensive ones.
My chains are broken.The Force shall free me.

Gonewild
03.22.2012 , 10:43 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Zaodon View Post
PvP?

What PvP fights are you in which last over 90 seconds? Healer vs healer? ROFL.

Maybe in Voidstar, as defender, I can see you being in combat > 90 seconds if you are amazing and never die. Maybe.

This change is a complete non-issue for PvP. This affects PvE Boss Fights tremendously, however.
To answer your question: Perpetually in every WZ that a player isn't AFK'ing. When a player actively participates in any of the three WZs, there are few breaks in combat. Likewise in 50 WZs, death is much easier to avoid.

Cancerianmoth
03.22.2012 , 10:46 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Smoothjedi View Post
If you need harder content, buff the enemies. Don't nerf the players. It only sows discontent.
No that is a wrong move- when you buff the enemies you end up with huge dmg spikes which is alot worse. Do you want to see tanks go from 100% to 30% in just 2 hits?

CVSiN
03.22.2012 , 10:46 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Draxxen View Post
Changes such as this are never requested by the community. However, it makes encounters easier to design around. Medpacs are the emergency, going to die, need health instantly type item. Being able to use them several times throughout the fight mitigates the encounter. This type of change was required for balance.
Ok fine.. then they can reimburse all 3 of my 50s the 2 million credits I dumped into Biochem as now with this and the long term goals to remove my reusables.. whats the GD point in having BC?

none..

This isnt just a nerf to PVE its a nerf to Biochems..

and its flat out dumb..
Darth Vixi L50 Sith Marauder
Sixxie L50 Operative
Fragged L50 Merc

Descends
03.22.2012 , 10:46 AM | #46
wait does this mean as a shadow, i can invis and leave combat and pop a medpack again?! AWESOME! GG losers!

think of the days when frozen shock water was constantly used by shadows...

you get the shadow down from 18k to 9k, you are excited.....youve never gotten a shadow to half health before...

medpack 4.5k + stealth + medpack 4.5k = *** hes back at full life!? oh noes owned by Repent again on Wall of Light

or are they using both a cooldown timer and a combat only timer?

why the unecessary mechanic?

what about all the glitchy as hell ops where you are in combat for a long time for no reason...

D:

iDubstep
03.22.2012 , 10:47 AM | #47
I agree that buffing the enemies is a better solution than nerfing the players. I don't want to feel less powerful or effective. Just give me harder mobs to fight.

Blotter
03.22.2012 , 10:47 AM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Pangscar View Post
It should have been this way from the start. It encourages better play, especially in raids. You should have to rely more on your own skill and those around you more than falling back on being able to heal yourself over few minutes.
No other MMO has inserted such a limitation and yet, people are still able to claim they're "hardcore" despite using their medpacks and going to the raid prepared with consumables. Using a medpack 2-3 times during a 5-10 minute boss encounter is hardly game breaking or significant supplemental healing...and it's hardly an indication that you're not "hardcore." Making a silly post that attempts to justify a ridiculous game mechanics change on the basis that everyone else needs to [insert chest thumping] L2P....that is pretty indicative that you're just pretending to be "hardcore."
Captain Bubblevendor Targetdummy reporting for doody.

Pangscar
03.22.2012 , 10:49 AM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Blotter View Post
No other MMO has inserted such a limitation.....
WoW did.
My chains are broken.The Force shall free me.

CVSiN
03.22.2012 , 10:49 AM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Cancerianmoth View Post
No that is a wrong move- when you buff the enemies you end up with huge dmg spikes which is alot worse. Do you want to see tanks go from 100% to 30% in just 2 hits?
they already do...
try NM mode.. or even hard on some bosses..

easy/story mode not so much..
Darth Vixi L50 Sith Marauder
Sixxie L50 Operative
Fragged L50 Merc