Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Medpacks... are you kidding me?!?!!?!?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Medpacks... are you kidding me?!?!!?!?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Blotter
03.22.2012 , 10:19 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Smoothjedi View Post
If you need harder content, buff the enemies. Don't nerf the players. It only sows discontent.
I don't disagree with you. I'm just pointing out exactly why BW is doing it. What do you think is the easy-mode developer solution once they decide that forum trolls blathering about "it's too easy" as a way of bragging...that those people are the ones who should be listened to. Do they;

1. Re-tune the dungeons and boss fights to make them slightly harder and more challenging OR

2. Nerf healers to crap and then write a lttle code to essentially take away resources like medpacs.

Clearly, they're going with option #2 because option #1 would take more resources and time to do correctly.

Moreover, if this applies to the re-useable RAkata Medpac I worked so hard to be able to create, then BW can watch me play D3. It' sbad enough bichem barely has anything worth selling and isn't getting anything out of the crafting changes in 1.2, but they're also going to nerf the heck out of the one truly useful item we have other than the stims and adrenals? Are they also going to make adrenals one-use-per-fight fail crafts?
Captain Bubblevendor Targetdummy reporting for doody.

Vaergoth
03.22.2012 , 10:20 AM | #12
If you need a medpack more than once per fight, you need a better strategy more.

(I could see this being a problem maybe on flashpoint end bosses if you are main tanking and both you and your healer are under-leveled or under-geared. That's about it.)

Lugosi
03.22.2012 , 10:21 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Cbrinegar View Post
3.you dont need users feedback to make changes

and 1-2 try it before you complain, it might sound like its a bad change but TRY it before posting negative feedback. Lowering the reuse on pvp medpacks is a nice change, and the game does have systems inplace to track when your out of combat, if your group seems to be chain pulling try saying stop for 5 seconds its not like its a big deal really.
I am just curious what actually needs to be tried out. This is horrible change. Who cares about chain pulling, trash isn't an issue I don't think. It's going to be the boss fights. Example: Lightning Balls on SOA just got alot funner
Bargain not with the darkness, in time it will take us all.
Arms of the Abyss
Ilith - Akhroma - Molybdenum

AmorphousCro
03.22.2012 , 10:21 AM | #14
So um, Eternity Vault platforming anyone? Fail.

Cbrinegar
03.22.2012 , 10:21 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Zaodon View Post
PvP?

What PvP fights are you in which last over 90 seconds? Healer vs healer? ROFL.

Maybe in Voidstar, as defender, I can see you being in combat > 90 seconds if you are amazing and never die. Maybe.

This change is a complete non-issue for PvP. This affects PvE Boss Fights tremendously, however.
actually i have been in plenty of wz's that lasted over 90secs without one death, in all 3 wz's in fact, yes it was a good team of good healers, but i still used my reusable medpak, the wz med pak and kolto regen, even my 32 sorc alt doesnt always die on every encounter in every game, and i have needed a med pak heal that was 1-2 mins from refresh... it does happen i assure you.
Eriad - 50 Hybrid Pyro Power Tech

bigheadbrandon
03.22.2012 , 10:22 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Lugosi View Post
I am just curious what actually needs to be tried out. This is horrible change. Who cares about chain pulling, trash isn't an issue I don't think. It's going to be the boss fights. Example: Lightning Bals on SOA just got alot funner
lightning balls on nightmare soa on the live servers aren't even that hard to do without medpacks if you know what you're doing (and thus, your entire group knows)

Staalker
03.22.2012 , 10:22 AM | #17
So, stealth classes get an advantage then. Simply "vanish", leave combat one second, right back at it. Takes as long to reset vanish abilities as current medpacks on live, in most cases.

Venight
03.22.2012 , 10:23 AM | #18
In my entire playtime in SW:ToR, I've never had to pop more then one medpack in a fight. So really this has to do with endgame mechanics and making the items much more strategic and less of a security blanket.

Good job Bioware, keep it up.

bigheadbrandon
03.22.2012 , 10:23 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by AmorphousCro View Post
So um, Eternity Vault platforming anyone? Fail.
oh no now we have to rely on healers!!

Acushla
03.22.2012 , 10:24 AM | #20
Just no. This is in my personal opinion a very poorly thought move that will impact all segments of playerbase from PvE in story missions, to Flashpoints, to Operations ...... ect.

Many is the time fighting an Elite or Champion Mob that was crucial to advancing storyline Med Packs and the possibility to use more than one over the course of the fight made the difference between winning and having to ask for someone to help out.

Not every class Has Heal skills, not every class that has them spec's healer, and last but not least not everyone gets a healing companion (other than ships butler).